EUIII OscAARs, VictAARian Cross, CrusadAAR's Chalice, Golden CaesAAR & Iron HeAARt

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seven more days to both vote for the current awards in CK, Vickie and EUII. And seven days left to nominate for CK and EUII for the next round of voting. Make sure to get in on the action today. Just a reminder. :)

Today is the final day for the polls in CK, Vickie and EUII. Head over there and cast your vote now if you haven't done so yet.

And the same goes for the nominations threads in CK and EUII.

Finally - look for a brand new poll coming in October as we continue to look back at the history of AARland in both CK and EUII. Lot's left to read. :)

Updated Crusader Kings/CrusadAAR's Chalice Schedule:

November 2006: Vote for Late 2004

December 2006: **HAPPY HOLIDAYS**

January 2007: Nominate for Jul-Dec 2006

February 2007: Vote for Jul-Dec 2006; Nominate for Jan-Jun 2005

March 2007: Vote for Jan-Jun 2005; Nominate for Jul-Dec 2005

April 2007: Vote for Jul-Dec 2005

(At that point CK will be caught up, and nominate/vote twice a year.)

(God this thread was hard to find. :))

The CrusadAARs Chalice resumes its broadcasting day. Or something like that.

Eligible AARs and our new updated schedule can be found below:

CrusadAAR's Chalice Nominations, Late 2006

hey, I was thinking, since there are AARwards for all other games, shouldn't there be a Medal of HonAAR for the HoI games?

rcduggan said:
hey, I was thinking, since there are AARwards for all other games, shouldn't there be a Medal of HonAAR for the HoI games?

There is nobody stopping you from organizing such awAARd. It will take magnificent amount of time, though as HoI2 is so much more active than other forums.

Santa's right, duggan. GeneralHannibal asked an identical question back on page 1. :) I replied:

CatKnight said:
I haven't heard of anyone stepping forward, unless they contacted the moderators directly. Organizing one of these 'OscAARs' is a bit labor intensive, because you have to skim *every single AAR* to determine what's eligible, and if so in what time frame.

Realistically, whoever stepped forward for HOI1/2 would have a chore ahead of them for the simple reason they have a lot of writers and AARs.

Given coz1's statement in July, I think it's safe to say that if anyone wants to try and pull it together he'd be happy to help them set up. Personally I'd love to see it!

Scanning the CK entries took me..oh...call it 3 hours - a little more to start the nomination thread. Now keep in mind CK's not nearly as popular as HOI2, and since I organized other Chalices I had a "system" to make my life easier.

If you'd like to start setting it up, I'd be happy to discuss tricks etc. to help you along. I'd love to see HoI get its own award. I have to warn you though, it would be A LOT of work.

Just a reminder that there is but one week left to vote for the VictAARian Cross in Victoria. Make sure to stop by and cast your vote if you have not done so. And enjoy all five terrific AARs!

There is a new round of voting for the VictAARian Cross, this time covering the AARs completed in 2007. Head on over and cast your nomination in the nominations thread. And look forward to a Vickie Cross contest coming in March.

Voting has now begun for the VictAARian Cross award for 2007. Head on over and cast your vote here.

Just over a week left in the VictAARian Cross voting and already we have 40 votes in. 26 more and we break the post-beta record. Head over and cast your vote now before it's too late. Link in the post above.

Last day of voting for the Vickie Cross - get over there and cast your vote before it's too late...

It's been a while since we've seen a contest but Alfred Packer is currently taking nominations for Best Completed AAR for the CrusadAARs Chalice in Crusader Kings for 2007. Head over and make sure you include you nomination while there is still time. Nominations end on Dec. 1.

And look forward to a new VictAARian Cross contest beginning in January! :)

Last edited:
coz1 said:
It's been a while since we've seen a contest but Alfred Packer is currently taking nominations for Best Completed AAR for the CrusadAARs Chalice in Crusader Kings for 2007. Head over and make sure you include you nomination while there is still time. Nominations end on the 30th.

And look forward to a new VictAARian Cross contest beginning in January! :)

Excellent! Good to see this awAARds continuing!

As a follow up, the inaugural EUIII OscAARs are off and running. Go there now and participate in the nominations thread.

Alfred Packer has collected the nominations for the 2007 CrusadAAR's Chalice and the four nominees are now in a poll - head over and vote.

Note that nominations continue until Dec. 14th for the 2007 EUIII OscAARs.

The EUIII OscAARs for Best Completed AAR in 2007 is now underway. Get your vote in. The poll lasts until Jan. 15, 2009.

And make sure to visit the CrusadAAR's Chalice ongoing and awaiting your vote.

Voter turnout will determine if it's worthwhile to hold further contests. Let's show these nominees your support. :)