• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(45041)

First Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2005
Many games atm are using random leader generator to spice it up. But what if you could implement this into an academy(like west point) with different levels ingame? No offense Tonio, but using the RLG is as it said randomly.
But what if you could buy an academy ingame, and then make improvements.
In that way, you could control or atleast improve the quality of your leaders other than dp sliders.

Maybe also some sort of combat training school for the enlisted men. Cause the way system works in EUII, it´s all about the leaders and morale, nothing about the men doing the actual fighting. (other than troop superiority)

Just some thoughts, feel free to critizie.....Not me offcourse! :D

-zag- said:
Maybe also some sort of combat training school for the enlisted men. Cause the way system works in EUII, it´s all about the leaders and morale, nothing about the men doing the actual fighting. (other than troop superiority)
Isn't that the spirit behind "Quality" DP slider?

Yes it is... My bad... I was thinking of it as an extension of the quality slider but that would obviously intergrate in the "academy"...

It made perfect sense in my head... :rofl: :rofl:

But your comment clarified that....

Okay, ran off and read Tonioz' random leader generator thread before posting this idea, so hopefully I'm not blundering around with too much ignorance.

No need to wait for EUIII, you could have West Point Academies now by having the quality of leaders generated based at least partly on the number of Naval or Weapons Manufactories in your country. (And shipyards and conscription centers??) This would also be an alternative to the "Size of nation" feature that received some protest in Tonioz' thread. No longer would Portugal get more leaders for colonizing down the coast of Africa... unless they built manufactories up and down that coast as well.

I will defend this notion by pointing out that Naval Manufactories give increased benefit in Fish provinces, on the theory that most seamen start their career as fishermen. So these "manufactories" appear to be producing sailors in addition to ships. So why not Weapons Manufactories producing soldiers, and both manufactories producing capable leaders?

Admittedly, it delays significant leaders until much later in the game, when the manufactories can actually be built.

This line of thinking appears to be leading towards having base leader values calculated to five decimal places, affected by all the various proposed factors, and having the "random" portion being a modifier to that base, the distribution of that modifier being the same for all leaders generated, and that does significant violence to the idea of "random" leaders. The trick, of course, would be keeping the Leader affecting values separate from the troop Morale affecting values... making them too much the same just gives a multiplying effect to all the morale sliders, which can be unbalancing.

Actually Tbox, that is not a bad idea. :D
Cause it is better to have random leaders instead of nothing, but it would be much better if you could have some sort of influence in the matter. If some1 just gets a 5/5/5/4 general feels a bit unfair to me.

We have a EU3 Wishlist thread already, it is always linked from the major topics sticky thread.
*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.