EU4 The Cossacks Are Here! With Gifts!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The fact that the game now automatically unpauses after I exit a "popup and pause" event is really frustrating. I know I can just leave the popup up, but it eats up screen real estate I'd really like to be using for something else during the pause (surveying the map, checking diplo situation), depending on what the pause was triggered by. This wasn't listed anywhere in patch notes - is this a bug, or a feature? And if it's a feature, can I turn it off?

Reactions:
And if it's a feature, can I turn it off?

Since about three or four major DLCs ago each new DLC seems to re-set that option. :d

Yes, you can turn it off!

In game, press ESC, go to "Game Options" and simply toggle "Pause on Event" to the setting it's currently NOT at. ;) That will give you back the standard behaviour of the game only pausing when you hit Space/Pause. :)

Reactions:
Since about three or four major DLCs ago each new DLC seems to re-set that option. :d

Yes, you can turn it off!

In game, press ESC, go to "Game Options" and simply toggle "Pause on Event" to the setting it's currently NOT at. ;) That will give you back the standard behaviour of the game only pausing when you hit Space/Pause. :)

I wish I had known this sooner. That would have saved about 20,000 English Men At Arms :(
Thanks.

That´s not what I meant actually. I meant the following button:
35mfo0o.jpg
Yeah I think that's a pillage button they might've accidentally left in for Navies because Armies have the same button as well...

About the pillage navy button: Probably a problem they knew of, but didn't want the Patch postpone for.

@Jeffzilla If you just want the new features, you have to buy cossacks für 20€, if you also want the new unit and fort models you have to buy the Content Pack.
And if you want the new music you have to buy this seperatly again. All in all 31€..

About the Leaderbord, will there be any actions against the cheaters? I mean a score of 4292819712 as Theodora in the year 1488 is not really realistic.
Probably the top 3 of the leaderboard. needs to be deleted. If you won't do anything, it will be the same as some flash-game leaderboards. Filled with cheaters and no use for normal players.

Who's on the new loading screen? Doesn't look like any of the more famous Cossack leaders I know.

Who's on the new loading screen? Doesn't look like any of the more famous Cossack leaders I know.

probably just a random cossack. they did not do anything special about the cossacks in this dlc, from what i have seen they are just another estate and not really a useful one. Zaporozian host is a normal country and for some reason with tribal government type, you play it as any other. so if no focus on real life events like cossack rebellion against PLC and forming their own state then no need for mentioning famous Hetmans on the loading screen
the question is why call this a cossacks dlc.. it looks much more like hordes dlc to me

Reactions:
No, that guy: [pic]
Really? Of all the famous Cossacks, of all the hetmans and whatnot the Cossacks get the guy who wrote that smug letter to the Sultan? Why not Khmelnitsky, he's probably the best known Cossack in history!

probably just a random cossack. they did not do anything special about the cossacks in this dlc, from what i have seen they are just another estate and not really a useful one. Zaporozian host is a normal country and for some reason with tribal government type, you play it as any other. so if no focus on real life events like cossack rebellion against PLC and forming their own state then no need for mentioning famous Hetmans on the loading screen
the question is why call this a cossacks dlc.. it looks much more like hordes dlc to me
Sadly, this. Wait, Cossacks don't break out as free nations once the estate doesn't get enough love? Well, bollocks, I hoped for some "Netherlands declare independence" type of events for Zaporozhia.

Reactions:
Really? Of all the famous Cossacks, of all the hetmans and whatnot the Cossacks get the guy who wrote that smug letter to the Sultan? Why not Khmelnitsky, he's probably the best known Cossack in history!

Sadly, this. Wait, Cossacks don't break out as free nations once the estate doesn't get enough love? Well, bollocks, I hoped for some "Netherlands declare independence" type of events for Zaporozhia.

i tested it briefly, maybe there is some event for the rebellion but in the end you will get a normal country to play with possibility to form Ruthenia and the cossacks will be just that, an estate within your (or any eastern) country
i even saw one youtuber get all steppes via cheats, then give it all to cossacks and make them rebell.. when he surrendered those cossacks formed.... Kazahstan!!! a muslim horde :)

Reactions:
Did Paradox finally give clothes to that native-American in the loading screen, who looks like a naked woman hiding her...chest...with hair locks, and raises eyebrows of whoever happens to be around me when that screen appears?