• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

keinjuan

Private
Nov 18, 2020

All sounds in EU4 play like this. I've tried fresh installs (manually deleting folders in steam / my documents / paradox launchers ), but no avail.

I played without this issue till a few months ago with the same 1.34 / hardware / firmware / drives. I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11, which is probably the issue.

No issues with sounds on HOI4 and CK3 currently. I'd like to fix this issue before Dominion releases so I can get back to EU4. Please let me know if you need any logs.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    65,3 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    8,6 KB · Views: 0
Please uninstall the RTKVHD64.sys audio driver then reboot.

Windows will detect the hardware with no driver. Accept that , let it install, then reboot again.

Does that help?

Please uninstall the RTKVHD64.sys audio driver then reboot.

Windows will detect the hardware with no driver. Accept that , let it install, then reboot again.

Does that help?
No cigar. I deleted the driver and used the drive Windows re-installed. I also tried afterwards manually installing Realtek driver from their website and motherboard's. Neither worked.

That usually does help with such issues ... did it install that same driver
Driver Version: 6.0.9231.1 (English)
Date and Size: 2021-08-30 7:00:00 PM, 6513704 bytes
or something older or newer?

You're not running any video capture or streaming software are you? If so try unloading that.

1678706760334.png

Same driver version. The date is different but I guess that might be due to the date line.

No video capture (used a web app to upload the video above) and I've never streamed.

That's a shame; I'm pretty sure if you install a different driver version that will help.

I know the RealTek support site is a nightmare to navigate, but can you try to get a later driver installed from there please?

1678758600137.png

I give up... I've tried realtek driver (yea their website is a nightmare... took 2 hours to download their ~200mb file lol), mobo's driver, some other third party drivers, etc. I've tried 10 different versions but no luck. I think when dominion releases I will just revert back to windows 10. I'll just go play vicky3 1.2 patch for now. Thanks dude.