• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zsessions

Recruit
36 Badges
Oct 26, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Empire of Sin
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
None of my saves of any kind are showing up-- not even the load game button is there. I know there was a fix for that problem with HOI4 but I don't remember what it was. I'm using an M1 Mac, and yesterday the saves were there, so I know it's likely not a hardware issue. It was 2 different saves (Portugal and Castile if that's relevant).

If they were local saves they'd be in Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/save games/ . If cloud saves in:

Do you see them existing in either place?

Save file not showing means they are corrupt. But I can't explain how more than one file could be corrupted at once, that points to some external agency.

Do you have access to any other computer to test them on?

No, but I'm going to try a full clean install. I'll lose my saves, but I remembered that's how I pulled it off with HOI4. Btw, with whatever bug I was having I couldn't make new saves either.

It worked for a bit but the next morning when I tried to play it was gone again. Wtf. I did a trial restart before I went to bed to make sure the files were still there and they were. They still exist in the save files folder but can't be accessed even in incompatible saves in the main games. Why is every single file I have going awol?

Last edited:
That's a valid question to which I have no good answer, I'm afraid.

You don't have any sort of antivirus app active on this machine I assume? Generally Macs don't, but it's possible.

If you make cloud saves instead of local, does this still happen?

Let me try a cloud save, and no I don't have any anti-virus software that wasn't part of the initial OS. I guess I'll get back to you tomorrow, because the saves worked fine for like a couple hours and didn't work the next day when I woke up. Thank you for all your help!

Can you maybe attach one or two of your saves here? I could have a look at them and see in which way they are corrupted. Maybe that helps to identify the source of the problem.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.