[Eu4] Savegame crashes upon unpausing, after a day passes the game freezes and crashes.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EndlessSpaceBetter

Recruit
3 Badges
Apr 21, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Description;

A EU4 Ironman game crashes whenever I unpause and a in-game day passes. This happens even with backups of this same game, in earlier dates.

The mods that were used are the following; Xorme AI, Unit packs extended, Graphical map improvements, and Better arrival date. The 3 last ones are only graphical, while the first one modifies the game AI.

It is the Xorme AI mod that was updated that caused the unpause crash problem, as it happened to other people too and the mod developer confirmed it and rolled back the update.
Problem is, even with the mod update rolled back, I still experience the same errors. And to top that off, why do my older saves from this same game also experience a crash?

This is all due to a estate bug, but shouldn't reverting the mod fix this? Or has it permanently affected the save, even though the save date hasnt changed?

As you can see in the error crash log, there are a bunch of graphical errors that i believe should be ignored, what seems to be exceptions are the common file errors, that are coming from the Ai mod. When I tried to lobotomize the AI mod, removing the following mod folders that caused errors; estate_agendas, estate_crown_land, estates, estate_priviliges, and buildings, there was one more error type that i didn't know how to remove which is the following: [estate_agendas.cpp:236]: Invalid country agenda.

Otherwise, removing the Xorme AI mod and trying to run the save without it does not work, crashing after a day still.

Is the game unrecoverable, or is there any way to save it? the fact that I can load it up and the problem affects the whole thing including the backups seems to suggest that its not a corrupted, so yeah any way to salvage my game would be greatly appreciated as i really dont want to loose 300 years of meticulous playthrough

Attachments

• error.log
    129 KB · Views: 0
  • 1st Hard Castille - [Sing.AAA]_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_Backup_...eu4
    6,4 MB · Views: 0
Disabling mods does not remove effects they have already had on a save game file. Unless you also get this issue in a campaign that's never had any mods used in it, we cannot help you here I am sorry!

Please try the User Mods forum here.

Good luck!