EU4 patch 1.34.3 Sweden is now LIVE! Checksum [19f1] - Not for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aw, Hindu traders can't propogate their religion in Christian or Muslim provinces anymore? I think that got left out of the changelog.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Reactions:
you missed to mention that the noble estate privilige for general recruitment was nerfed from -25% to -10% as well.

It sure was strong but with that change it makes the change to aristo and divine feel like an overreaction. Also divine now has very little to offer imo. It used to be interesting if stacked with hanover/andalusian ideas but never was a good idea. Maybe reconsider and give that idea group a different mil bonus (war exhaustion reduction cost is kinda useless)

Reactions:
We want to take a look at this and rebalance it for 1.34.4, for sure.
Please don't be too harsh on this. I didn't use centralize state before this reform, because I didn't think it was worth it.

All the suggested ways of nerfing it that I have seen would either:-
- rely on too much additional micromanagement to keep track of what's been centralized.
- require additional information added to the states macrobuilder, probably it's own separate tab.
- devalue the base mechanic (separate from the reform), which I would argue isn't great value to begin with.

Instead, if it does need to be nerfed, perhaps the reform could make the base cost more expensive and/or take longer, so that your more of your resources are locked away for longer. If that isn't enough, make the loyalty and influence cost much greater as well.

I think the new government reforms are great. They feel like a genuine choice now, oppose to picking the same ones each run. I'm also swapping them around more through the run as my situation changes. Overall, great work on this patch/DLC. Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Speaking of Centralize state, could we get macrobuilder tabs or a mapmode or something for Centralize State and Expand Infrastructure now that they are worth using? They are not exactly easy mechanics to figure out where you get the most out of using them after all, or where you have them available even.
Yes please. I basically have no idea which provinces are the best to use them on

Why do some mission trees appear with a question mark woth the Lions of the North DLC?
They are branching missions, meaning they are not set in stone when you start a game. They unlock when you achieve certain conditions and make a decision on how to proceed. If you hover over them or the mission leading to them, they should tell you when/how they'll unlock. You can also read the relevant dev diaries about them.

Reactions:
Aw, Hindu traders can't propogate their religion in Christian or Muslim provinces anymore? I think that got left out of the changelog.
It’s probably a bug, i might make a bug report if I can reproduce it

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can you elaborate on this more?
I noticed when taking the Mandate as a nation in the Indian tech group (and thus having Indian estates) that you lose the Indian estates- has this been changed in the current patch?
Before this fix, the traits for unlocking an estate were quite inconsistent. For example: you had to have "enables_nobility = yes" to unlock the nobles estate for a government. This has been changed so you just write enables/disables_<estate id> = yes and you unlock (or lock) the estate for your government.
It has no effects for the player though and is purely there to make the estates more accessible for modders.

In your Indian case: that is actually working as designed. You would have replaced the Indian estates with the normal ones on 1.33 too.

Reactions:
Not sure if it was said but was colonisation fixed? I mean, is "Federation annexation" ie tribes annexing colonial land via forming federations with all tribal land being added regardless on if it was already owned and annexing tribes and lands but only getting one province?
Yes, this was already fixed in the release version (1.34.2).
Nice changes. But still missing estates for Sich rada.. the rest of the estatles Republic recieved them afterall. Or can we expect some more extensive rework of region in future, especially as Poland and Lithuania recieved buffs
Will review this. ;)
Speaking of Centralize state, could we get macrobuilder tabs or a mapmode or something for Centralize State and Expand Infrastructure now that they are worth using? They are not exactly easy mechanics to figure out where you get the most out of using them after all, or where you have them available even.
Yes, but you cannot sort it by how much you get out of centralizing, which is what I'm really asking for i guess.
Yes please. I basically have no idea which provinces are the best to use them on
This is an interesting QoL suggestion, although it will have to wait for 1.35. ;)
I do hope you reconsider this sort of rebalance when the time comes to rework the middle east. 1 cav shock is surely great in the early game but it eventually becomes a lot less relevant. Maybe if it was an ambition, and not a tradition.
It feels frustrating Siam gets the OP cav modifier for their elephants, and now even Sweden with their finnish mercenaries... but the actual cav-specialized nations (besides hordes) don't get any love.

When the Middle East is reviewed, I hope we can expect cav to be more valuable to the nations there, because as much as the buffs exist (for example, Najd's national ideas) they are not enough to justify using cav. I like the idea of each region specializing in a different sort of army composition.

While we are talking about middle east, would you consider the pros and cons of making Hormuz flow into Zanzibar? It would allow for historical Portugal and Oman playthroughs, as well as making the Hormuz node more strategically relevant, rather than just a tunnel from Gujarat to Basra. To compensate, more trade centers might need to be added to Southern Persia so they can compete with provincial trade power downstream.
When the time comes to review the Middle East, we'll take another look at it, for sure.
Is sea zones working as intended? I feel i can reach the New world faster after this patch. It feels as if its a shorter colonial distance away. Might be me who is just a little blind
We made some changes in the distance calculations, affecting the pace of Exploration, as you say. We already planned a further review of this for 1.35.
Are there any plans to make the whole steppe conquest branch on the teutonic mission tree more co op order friendly? Or atleast the annex Lithuania mission, its like the only gripe i have with this otherwise amazing dlc.
Cooperative, in which way? For instance, I think that a Crusader Teutonic Order gameplay can coop quite well with a Livonian Order following the Livonian path (aka 'Pocket Prussia'), or a Riga/Gotland playing a tall/merchant game in the Baltic.
Could you guys enable "Grant Orthodox autonomy" privelege instantly instead of being locked behind missions? Recently when ever i started new game Poland and Lithuania start converting provinces instantly, the same goes for Italian republics of Genoa and Venice, while Hungary pick GOA instantly. Big thanks.
We're just changing this for 1.34.4.
These notes don't discuss the bug with getting stabhit w/o warning by CTA against target where it shouldn't happen...was that fixed + not documented or just not addressed yet?
Can you give us any more details on this issue?
There are still some things that need to be fixed or at least a rework.

1.Razing takes too much because you have to click on every province uncored, clicking the raze button, clicking on the province and the raze button again, maybe it could be something that could also be implemented statewide and a shortcut would make it easier to play as a horde without spending alot in just picking the provinces you can raze, it also makes playing as a horde less difficult and less tedious than what they are right now.

2.The heretic rebels description seems helpful, at least for the Catholics where they increase reform desire, but for nations that aren't Catholic is going to be weird since the old Tengri and the goatskull heretic rebels have nothing to do with the papacy and the description should be changed, right now it makes it less immersive and awkward to have the description of heretics in the Catholic world when getting heretic rebels as a non-Catholic country.

3.The military dictatorship shouldn't make you a presidential dictatorship when on low republican tradition, the military dictatorship is already a dictatorship where the Captain-General is chosen between the strongest generals which already hold near-absolute power and it would be weird that it would suddenly become a different type of dictatorship because of low republican tradition, maybe it could be like pirate Republic but there could be a modifier that gives a council whose purpose is to restore republican tradition and stabilize the nation, i also had to give up many champaigns for the Roman Empire because I lost the government type despite having 53-55 RT and managing to keep the Republican values, I hope it would be fixed because it's one of the most interesting options for a custom nation.

4.When I've got the Pazzi conspiracy event as Florence it gave me the possibility to re-elect the ruler without RT penalty at the expense of stability and crownland, after the next election term I picked another De'Medici which was great but I later lost it after one election from ruling family, it doesn't make sense that the De'Medici would lose their consolidation of power after a failed coup and lose the modifier, I asked from the Discord server of Zlewikk about this issue but the moderators couldn't give an answer because they had no knowledge about it which was unfortunate since I've wanted to restore the Roman Empire with the De'Medici in power because they were one of the most influencial dynasties that managed to stay in power for a very long time and I can't replicate this in-game because I lost the modifier for no apparent reason.

5.Make separate peace in coalitions possible, it doesn't make sense that a coalition members who's country is getting on the verge of bankruptcy can't get out unless I have to separately peace out the leader, at least give a -100 opinion towards the one who gets peaced out because the ruler decided to abandon the coalition while being at war with the target, it could be decay or last until the ruler changes, you could also give more reasons for the AI to stay at war if what I proposed seems unbalanced.
Lots of interesting feedback here! I'll take note of some of these issues, to have a further look at them.
Does Lubeck mission appoint war minsiter works? for me it didnt change stats of mil advisors
The mission is working properly, but maybe the reward is not clearly set, as it's a country modifier. We're going to change the tooltip to make it clearer.
Great patch overall. But why the immediate nerf to Aristocratic? The idea group is not bad, on the contrary it is very improved, but such a heavy nerf to the general recruiting cost really just puts it into a mediocre area where many other idea sets would work better. Especially when compared to its republican brother in Plutocratic and even more so when compared to Horde ideas. Maybe pull it back up to 15% recruiting cost and see how that works? Or maybe trade the nerf with a buff somewhere else?
you missed to mention that the noble estate privilige for general recruitment was nerfed from -25% to -10% as well.

It sure was strong but with that change it makes the change to aristo and divine feel like an overreaction. Also divine now has very little to offer imo. It used to be interesting if stacked with hanover/andalusian ideas but never was a good idea. Maybe reconsider and give that idea group a different mil bonus (war exhaustion reduction cost is kinda useless)
We noticed that there was a way of stacking too much some General Costs modifiers, and because of that the nerf in 1.34.3. We're always open to further review, although take also into account that we want to go ahead with further rebalance of the idea groups in 1.35.
It’s probably a bug, i might make a bug report if I can reproduce it
Checked, and fixed, as well.
So, is the norwegian event able to find settlers in greenland now?
No.
Please don't be too harsh on this. I didn't use centralize state before this reform, because I didn't think it was worth it.

All the suggested ways of nerfing it that I have seen would either:-
- rely on too much additional micromanagement to keep track of what's been centralized.
- require additional information added to the states macrobuilder, probably it's own separate tab.
- devalue the base mechanic (separate from the reform), which I would argue isn't great value to begin with.

Instead, if it does need to be nerfed, perhaps the reform could make the base cost more expensive and/or take longer, so that your more of your resources are locked away for longer. If that isn't enough, make the loyalty and influence cost much greater as well.

I think the new government reforms are great. They feel like a genuine choice now, oppose to picking the same ones each run. I'm also swapping them around more through the run as my situation changes. Overall, great work on this patch/DLC. Thanks.
Appreciate your feedback on the 'Centralize' reform; we're probably going to do some rebalance for 1.34.4, but we want to test it carefully, so it doesn't happen an 'over nerf', as you're concerned about. ;)

Reactions:
Can you give us any more details on this issue?
It's this one:

Related thread:

Seems CTA is treating non-cobelligerants as cobelligerants in situations where that should be impossible, and issuing stabhits as if the player declared directly on non-cobells rather than accepting a CTA on the actual target w/o truce/stab rules.

My current hotfix run is going for the pirate achievement, and I took the reform that blocks me from allying, so this isn't relevant to the particular run I'm doing other than maybe implications to AI. Most runs are not black flag runs though, and this can be relevant/very punitive to normal playthroughs. My bad if it was fix and I just haven't noticed it, but it's a serious enough issue that it'd normally be documented if so.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Pavia, when you mentioned in your reply to me about the 1.34.2 fix for colonisation, were you referring to the federations annexing foreign territories or taking one tribal land at a time?

Reactions:
It's this one:

Related thread:

Seems CTA is treating non-cobelligerants as cobelligerants in situations where that should be impossible, and issuing stabhits as if the player declared directly on non-cobells rather than accepting a CTA on the actual target w/o truce/stab rules.

My current hotfix run is going for the pirate achievement, and I took the reform that blocks me from allying, so this isn't relevant to the particular run I'm doing other than maybe implications to AI. Most runs are not black flag runs though, and this can be relevant/very punitive to normal playthroughs. My bad if it was fix and I just haven't noticed it, but it's a serious enough issue that it'd normally be documented if so.
Ok, just checked, and we have another two similar reports, so we're currently investigating the issue.
Pavia, when you mentioned in your reply to me about the 1.34.2 fix for colonisation, were you referring to the federations annexing foreign territories or taking one tribal land at a time?
A set of comprehensive fixes about this issue. From the changelog:

- Natives cannot form more federation or join others after unifying their own federation.
- Uniting the native federation will no longer try to integrate colonies who colonized Tribal Lands of some federation members.
- Fixed being able to take tribal land as a non-tribal nation.
- Annexing a migratory tribe as a settled tribe no longer annexes any other nation's colonies in their tribal land.
- Fixed reconquest war goals against tribal land for colonizers.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Ok, just checked, and we have another two similar reports, so we're currently investigating the issue.

A set of comprehensive fixes about this issue. From the changelog:

- Natives cannot form more federation or join others after unifying their own federation.
- Uniting the native federation will no longer try to integrate colonies who colonized Tribal Lands of some federation members.
- Fixed being able to take tribal land as a non-tribal nation.
- Annexing a migratory tribe as a settled tribe no longer annexes any other nation's colonies in their tribal land.
- Fixed reconquest war goals against tribal land for colonizers.
Thanks Pavia. I missed that in the changelog.

When I try to launch eu4, it says it will be launching the most recent version (191F) but when the game loads up, it states I have a929. I have a mod loaded up, but my friend has the same mod loaded and gets the correct version every time. Reloading doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Reactions:
We noticed that there was a way of stacking too much some General Costs modifiers, and because of that the nerf in 1.34.3. We're always open to further review, although take also into account that we want to go ahead with further rebalance of the idea groups in 1.35.
Have you considered just removing the 1% professionalism from hiring generals? Nothing is wrong about this modifier except that through slackening you can directly convert mil mana to manpower at a strong rate, with -general cost bonuses able to vastly amplify it.

While you're at it, fix mercs to not nuke professionalism. Just removing the professionalism hit entirely would be fine.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have you considered just removing the 1% professionalism from hiring generals? Nothing is wrong about this modifier except that through slackening you can directly convert mil mana to manpower at a strong rate, with -general cost bonuses able to vastly amplify it.
Bruh, that would make the modifier more than useless. You'd also almost never be able to get high professionalism unless you spend most of your time drilling

Reactions: