• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Maxhonores11

Private
10 Badges
Dec 20, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
I am playing in a 2015 Mac with 10.14 Mojave running. Yesterday I had trouble starting up EU4. I pressed play, and it showed that the Paradox Launcher was starting, however the window to click play did not appear, and the launcher did not respond. I assumed this was a problem with the launcher and not Steam. I had trouble starting HOI4 a few months ago, and I was told to move the folder Paradox Interactive to the trash. That's what I did now. However, the problem I had before, was that steam was not opening the launcher. This happened just after Man the Guns and the new launcher came out. Now it is opening the launcher, but the launcher ain't working. Now, having moved both the new Paradox Interactive folder to the trash, and having the new one already there, I cannot play neither HOI4 nor EU4. Any help?

(I just posted it in the common EU4 forum instead of the technical support forum. My mistake.)

Just to be clear, you see the launcher try to start and run but it never gets to where you can hit PLAY, is that right?

The folder you deleted was the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder, is that so?

Please Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2

Ok, so I uninstalled it. And I deleted the conflicting Paradox Interactive Folders, before doing so I checked and none of them had the launcher-v2 folder. I now have a completely new version of EU4, and a new version of the Paradox interactive folder popped up as expected. However it seems to be just a copy, of the ones I deleted before. No launcher-v2 folder. I noted that the EU4 files folder, which you can access from Steam, contained the game itself, so that it starts running bypassing the launcher. It worked fine, just like a normal version of the game. except for one inconvenience: the screen is wrong. At first glance, it seems that the screen had duplicated itself. Showing myself a screen where all buttons are lower than they actually are, which meant that I spent ten minutes trying to click in just the exact spot in a random corner of the screen so that I could exit. So, point is: I can play the game again, but the screen is wrong. What are my next steps? I attach down there all the files that are actually in the new Paradox Interactive folder. I didn't attach all of them since most are empty. I attached only the ones that contained something.

Attachments

• gameplaysettings.txt
    116 bytes · Views: 0
  • flagfiles.txt
    10,1 KB · Views: 0
  • flagfilescolor.txt
    96,8 KB · Views: 0
  • code_revisions.log
    313 bytes · Views: 0
  • error_old.log
    1.018 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    311 bytes · Views: 0
  • graphics.log
    61,5 KB · Views: 0
  • setup.log
    438,5 KB · Views: 0
  • system_interface.log
    341 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5,1 KB · Views: 0
  • messagetypes_custom.txt
    107,1 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I deleted the conflicting Paradox Interactive Folders, before doing so I checked and none of them had the launcher-v2 folder.
Then I fear you deleted the wrong Paradox Interactive folder, because launcher-v2 really has to be there. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Scroll down and you should see Paradox Interactive, between mobileSync and Preview - delete it from there.

Showing myself a screen where all buttons are lower than they actually are, which meant that I spent ten minutes trying to click in just the exact spot in a random corner of the screen so that I could exit. So, point is: I can play the game again, but the screen is wrong.
That is typically a resolution issue. Edit that settings.txt to have the same resolution as your Mac's desktop. BTW when run like that you can't use mods or do MP, but the game is otherwise fine when started that way.