• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Magikernel

Recruit
20 Badges
Oct 15, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Whenever I attempt to boot Europa Universalis 4 through my steam launcher, followed by the paradox launcher, it fails to launch in the foreground, but instead runs invisibly, as an application that I cannot see and cannot interact with. This issue persists no matter how many times i try to alt+tab into the app, or how many times I try to enter through the taskbar. In fact, I can't interact with any other apps either, Alt+Tab into them, or use my taskbar to navigate to them. All I can do is open them. It requires me to use task manager to close the game every time, and I am left without my rennaisance journey.

Extra Info:
This occurs whether I run the game in windowed or not, even if i use borderless windows. I run EU4 with no mods, even removing them all from my playset. The DLCs that I own are Wealth of Nations, Art of War, Emperor, Rights of Man, Common Sense, Star and Cresent, American Dream, and Purple Phoenix. I also own the Conquest of Constantinople music pack, and the 100 Years War and Horsemen of the Crescent unit packs. I am begging for help, as I require EU4. Half of my bloodstream is just paradox games.

Has this always happened with this game? Or it was okay up to some point?

I don't see EU4 in your Steam ownership list. Is it on a different Steam account or something? Via Family Sharing perhaps?

Does HOi4 get the same problem?

Has this always happened with this game? Or it was okay up to some point?

I don't see EU4 in your Steam ownership list. Is it on a different Steam account or something? Via Family Sharing perhaps?

Does HOi4 get the same problem?
I don't know what you mean by not seeing it in my steam ownership list, as I purchased it, and have it in my steam library. HOI4 does not experience the same issue, but Vic2 does. My game has ran fine up until i installed it on this new laptop of mine.
I figure I should try reinstalling it to see if that works.
Edit: no conclusive results. The search continues.

Last edited:
Final reply in this thread. Through a complex series events involving my swedish friend and his 12 cats, I have successfully launched the game and interacted with it. Thank you all for your help. Magikernel, out.