• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Added in the new records for Germany, Kingdom of God, and Japan. Well done guys!

How about the Fastest Westernisation?
And Restoration of the Roman Empire? Not sure it is possible in game, currently working on it though.

Anyways, here is my Westernisation SS.

Secondly, the interest is outgoing, not income :)
Restoration of the Roman Empire is a little iffy, considering that there is a lot of discussion over what exactly entails the Roman Empire, so I don't think it is likely to be added unless several people request it.
As for weternization, I dunno. The requirements aren't that hard to get if you don't care about the rest of game, are they?

For both of these, I think more support will be needed before they are accepted.
aww shucks, could have had a pretty good shot at fastest Italy formation as Italy... as I got pretty lucky and was able to war the italian states without too much interference with Austria - I even managed to dismantle austria a bit in the process.

I held off though because I was enjoying the ducats made from the merch republic government type
The record for Italy is still up for grabs, you know. asamy only took the Kingdom of God.

Here's a Hosokawa-unified Japan on 1/1/1478:

I'm not sure when I unified it, so let's just use that date. I suspect that someone could get it done at least 10 years faster.

Edit: Withdrawn due to reading comprehension failure.

Last edited:
Er, sorry, you better take mine down. I didn't notice the ironman requirement.

Added aitaituo's 2 records in.

Edit: In reply to Ri0Rdian, What issue to you have with ironman?

None, I very much like the idea. But ironman means vanilla game and without mods it's not the best experience you can have! But I understand the requirement, you need people to have the same conditions. Sorry, sometimes I write something I think even though it adds nothing. I'll remove that part. ;)

Er, sorry, you better take mine down. I didn't notice the ironman requirement.
Alright, thank you for your honesty!
None, I very much like the idea. But ironman means vanilla game and without mods it's not the best experience you can have! But I understand the requirement, you need people to have the same conditions. Sorry, sometimes I write something I think even though it adds nothing. I'll remove that part. ;)
Ah, I see! Well, glad to hear you don't have any issues.

Here's my Ironman Austria->HRE game. These are for sure not the fastest, most, or largest, but hey let's put up some times for others to beat, shall we? :cool:

For the record of Fastest Unification of the HRE: (The Twelfth Day of the Twelfth Month, Year of Our Lord 1608)

eu4_479.png

For the record of most PUs: (4) This would have been 5, but sadly my Poland integration completed before Sweden fell. Also, that Pskov PU should have been a Muscovian PU but the Muscovian king died in the battle for Moskva, and the Pskov somehow got the PU of them, which mean in my peace deal I could only demand PSKOV's throne. *glareglare*

eu4_482_zps7b399ba9.png

For the record of Largest Land Forces: (258k)

eu4_483_zps8563984a.png

Most Royal Marriages: (8) I'm not really sure about this one being an impressive record worthy of the list. It would have been easy for me to get around 30+ marriages before the unification of the HRE. Being Papal Controller means you can revoke marriages without the stab hit, so all you would need to do is save up to your max diplomatic points, then start sending out invitations. All this would rely on is how far away their capitals are once you got above the limit that forces you to start losing diplomatic points, so it would be best to choose the furthest away first, so you can spam the close ones last. But then again, that would be pretty impressive to have the right circumstances (lots of little countries of your religion) and dedicate a few months/years to this endeavor.

eu4_484_zps0767f6a9.png

I'd also like to suggest, until we get a World Conquest, a "most number of provinces owned" record. Obviously that will eventually become moot when the eventual WCs happens but until then it can be the "How Close Have We Gotten".

Wau, didn´t know somethong like this exists. Knowing this, I wouldn´t assault that province twice with 50k soldiers :D I am sure that it could hold forever. Even then this should be enough for a new record.

Longest Siege:

192d1c36e5.f.png

281bzi0.png

Formed Scandinavia in January 1506, doubt it can be done quicker. Only if you get lucky and get even more tech reduction cost than I had, because with 10% from an advisor and 5% from the Byzantine Influx lvl10 admin cost 1050 in 1505. And the reason that I have no pressed the button and turned into Scandinavia is, because im danish and want to play Denmark, not Scandinavia (Hope it still count :D).

2013-08-26_00003.jpg

Japan formed in April 1473, probably did a bit earlier - but this is the screenshot.
Can definitely be done faster, but I wanted claims on all the provinces instead of just annexing them all right away. I reckon that you would be able to do it at least 10 years earlier if you go for loans and mercs in the beginning and if you are not forging any claims.
Good luck!