• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

XxNovaStarxX

Captain
13 Badges
Oct 2, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
Formable Nations Megathread

Hey everyone, I know a lot of people have been suggesting more form able tags for EU4 so I wanted to make a mega thread to compile them all In a megathread. Here is my personal suggestion.

Kitara - Formable by any nation in the great lakes culture group.

Kitara.png

Requirements - Own Bunyoro (4065), Buganda (4064), Nkoma (4070,) Nduga (4067), Buzinza (4061)

Gains permanent claim on all dark green provinces
Gains all pale green provinces.
Gains core on all lime green provinces

(Also maybe make the ai more likely to colonize)

So what suggestions do you have.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
VUmzq32.gif
to the Suggestions subforum.

I remember that there were following suggestions in forum- Please if ypu find them - give us link or re-post thaem here

-different formable for Portugal
-Celtic GB variant
-Switzerland reformable
-Lusatian/polabian nation (west slavic)
-julich-kleve-berg
-north caucasus
-tag for shamanistic volga-ural-west sibian tribes (must create multiple provinces and tags first)
-assyria (there was a suggestion thread about adding minor christian nation near Bitlis)
-coptic/crusader variants of Egypt
-nubia
-Oromia
-Somalia
-Vij reformable OR dravidia/tamilland for South India
-Ming reformable (or smth like that) if mingsplosion happened (and no manchu dynasty exist) and chineese minor managed to have provinces in both South, North China and be great power
-formable for Korea, it is Emperor of China and conqured Manchuria. Maybe with the bonus adding lonely korean (k)culture to chineese group
-add Hawaii minors and Hawaii formable

About more...(in)famous ones - they WERE asked by people frequently
-Belgium
-Yugoslavia
-Anglo-French tag
-west-slavic megatag
-special tag for norse scandinavia
-special tag for zoroastrian persia

Ok, but I still will be send this same question - why?

Countries without own events, decisions, gov. reforms, missions, new ideas etc. Look on Scandinavia - this lock individual elements of Sweden, Danmark or Norway and give nothing.

Reactions:
New powerful idea sets and aviablility of events of parent nation is aim for a formable.
About Scandinavia - i totaly want this tag to be revisited, with its own idea set, aviability of events of Danmark, Norway and Sweden.

New powerful idea sets and aviablility of events of parent nation is aim for a formable.
I don't see this in your proposals...

There better is give one or two tags with complete of events, decisions etc. that list of tags and not more

• 1Like
Reactions:
since it's formable suggesion megathread i've thoght about every possible formable. I didn't have place and time to suggest missions/ideas and events to them.

-different formable for Portugal

No, Spain makes sense during the game's time frame

-Celtic GB variant

I could maybe get behind it, but it's iffy

-Switzerland reformable

I don't think Switzerland should be a reformable, they aren't really a major or cultural union of people

Lusatian/polabian nation (west slavic)

Lusatia is being added in 1.30, Polabians were basically gone by game start, there's no justification for bringing the people back, not to mention they never really developed a proper country

-julich-kleve-berg

Maybe, it's pretty small though and didn't survive for too long

-north caucasus

Not really any tags that could work as a united Northern Caucasus and the region is still very diverse in people like the Southern Caucasus region

-tag for shamanistic volga-ural-west sibian tribes (must create multiple provinces and tags first)

Not really a fan of this idea, not only would it be completely made up but also not much point, it's the Urals

-assyria (there was a suggestion thread about adding minor christian nation near Bitlis)

Kind of divided on this, on one hand, Assyria is considered a region and Assyrian people are still around to this day, but the nation of Assyria itself stopped existing while Rome was still a Kingdom, I do wish to see Nestorian added to the game but I don't know if there's enough justification to put Assyrian culture and tag in the Middle-East

-coptic/crusader variants of Egypt

Also divided here, I have yet to find any plans on the idea of a crusader state in Egypt, but more crusading options is always nice and I do like the idea of playing a crusading game and taking Egypt to liberate the Christians, but also by adding the fictional state then you enter territory of "why doesn't X area have a crusader state tag", because if you do Egypt you can easily ask why other North Africa crusader states don't exist, I would like to see more at least another crusader state tag exist, preferably all three missing ones but at least Antioch would be nice

Nubia is a rather broad geographic term, don't know if this one works

Don't know much about this area and its history, just that it's in the Ethiopia region, so I won't comment on this one

I don't know if it fits EU IV, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if we found a way

-Vij reformable OR dravidia/tamilland for South India

I'd rather see Mysore become the formable for Southern India, but Vijayanagar works,

-Ming reformable (or smth like that) if mingsplosion happened (and no manchu dynasty exist) and chineese minor managed to have provinces in both South, North China and be great power

No, Ming and Qing were not nation names like an England, Castile or Austria, but names of the dynasty, that's why Ming and Qing should have fixed family names, if Ming, and even Qing, implode then the new country that becomes Emperor of China should not want to reform Ming, and the Republic of China wasn't founded until 1912, outside of EU IV's time frame and you can't even argue that it's close like Germany and Italy

-formable for Korea, it is Emperor of China and conqured Manchuria. Maybe with the bonus adding lonely korean (k)culture to chineese group

Korea is Korea, there really isn't anything they could strive for and adding Korean to Chinese group is quite silly

-add Hawaii minors and Hawaii formable

The Hawaiian and other tribes that lived on islands in the Pacific are hard to implement, I don't really have an opinion on them being added or not as I see both sides, if they are added, then at least the Kingdom of Hawaii would be nice to see

-Belgium
-Yugoslavia
-Anglo-French tag
-west-slavic megatag
-special tag for norse scandinavia
-special tag for zoroastrian persia

I'll just throw these together to be faster

Belgium, if being added, should be very specific set of conditions and it should be a revolter tag, not formable

Yugoslavia is controversial, personally I think the pros out weight the cons but I'm not fully sold on it being in EU IV either

Anglo-French tag makes no sense, many call for the "Angevin Empire" to become a formable but it doesn't make sense for numerous reasons, the big two being that the name Angevin Empire is a modern term applied to the Kingdom of England during those certain years, it was never some announced new empire, and the other reason is that England never changed it's name while ruling half of France, it was still the Kingdom of England, remember that the Normans only conquered England about 378 years before the game start and French influence on the kingdom was very high still

West Slavic union tag is like Yugoslavia, Zapadoslavia, which is the name you're looking for, is iffy since even in our history there's not been a big push for it, so if Yugoslavia is added then sure, otherwise not really, I wouldn't be completely opposed to a Czechia tag or something else, if Bohemia collapses and loses Silesia and Lusatia, something similar to the Iceland decision, but even then I don't know if that really works

Norse paganism was dead before EU IV starts, we don't need a separate tag for a dead religion for a country that already exists

I'd rather Persia be less focused on Islam itself, and let the player choose if they want to focus on Islam or Zoroastrianism

• 1Like
Reactions:
i've named lower ones (in)famous for a reason - they get only minor upvote and major downvote.
About Ming reformable - the idea is that chineese culture group must have a formable, if Quing or reformed Yuan are not a thing.
About Assyria - it's about nestorian/apostolic christians of hakkari mountains becoming major power
About norse thing - custom nations allow creation of tags with this state religion, so people are getting ideas.
About Korea - it's from missions expanded i think. Pretty popular one.

Reactions:
Not really any tags that could work as a united Northern Caucasus and the region is still very diverse in people like the Southern Caucasus region

Caucasus imamate is a valid formable for muslim north caucasus nations.

Not really a fan of this idea, not only would it be completely made up but also not much point, it's the Urals

Having a formable volga tag is pointless, but mari/mordvin tribes formed their own kingdoms under kazani suzerainty and is a valid tag to have as a march to kazan at game start.

Kind of divided on this, on one hand, Assyria is considered a region and Assyrian people are still around to this day, but the nation of Assyria itself stopped existing while Rome was still a Kingdom, I do wish to see Nestorian added to the game but I don't know if there's enough justification to put Assyrian culture and tag in the Middle-East

I'm the guy with the crazy-ass assyria suggestion (see signature) but I totally get your point. Assyria is to me partly an Easter egg

Also divided here, I have yet to find any plans on the idea of a crusader state in Egypt, but more crusading options is always nice and I do like the idea of playing a crusading game and taking Egypt to liberate the Christians, but also by adding the fictional state then you enter territory of "why doesn't X area have a crusader state tag", because if you do Egypt you can easily ask why other North Africa crusader states don't exist, I would like to see more at least another crusader state tag exist, preferably all three missing ones but at least Antioch would be nice

For roleplaying flavor I love this idea and even myself modded it in the past, but I see why it's a very long shot. I do not care so much because crusades though but rather because coptic alt-fiction (copts were at least 25% of the egyptian population at the time)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Caucasus imamate is a valid formable for muslim north caucasus nations.

I've never heard of that nation, thanks for pointing it out, that could work for Islamic nations, I don't know if there's a Christian tag we could do

Having a formable volga tag is pointless, but mari/mordvin tribes formed their own kingdoms under kazani suzerainty and is a valid tag to have as a march to kazan at game start.

Perhaps that could work

I'm the guy with the crazy-ass assyria suggestion (see signature) but I totally get your point. Assyria is to me partly an Easter egg

Yes, I've seen it in the past and quite like it, Nestorian should be added to the game, at least just one province, and I do think Assyria as an easter egg tag works better, maybe some super rare conditions are met and it appears, but it shouldn't be a formable

For roleplaying flavor I love this idea and even myself modded it in the past, but I see why it's a very long shot. I do not care so much because crusades though but rather because coptic alt-fiction (copts were at least 25% of the egyptian population at the time)

Oh I love it too, but like I said, I'd be worried about the door that opens with doing that, if you do Egypt then you could do the rest of North Africa and even Anatolia as crusader states and it might get a little crazy with so many crusader states for a game that should have crusades be a dying thing and not be promoted too much, I would like to see Miaphysite added to Egypt, at least a couple of provinces

• 1Like
Reactions:
If assyrian culture is added it makes sense to have an assyria formable, but only then.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Nubia is a rather broad geographic term, don't know if this one works

From my understanding, the last united kingdom of "Nubia" was Kush, which split into the various Kingdoms that are present in game. I feel like a decision should exist for those Kingdoms if they are Christian to reunite Nubia under their banner. It would be a formable Sudan. That being said it should be relatively difficult to achieve, as the arrival of the Funj permanently ended any chance of a united Nubia.

• 2Like
Reactions:
From my understanding, the last united kingdom of "Nubia" was Kush, which split into the various Kingdoms that are present in game. I feel like a decision should exist for those Kingdoms if they are Christian to reunite Nubia under their banner. It would be a formable Sudan. That being said it should be relatively difficult to achieve, as the arrival of the Funj permanently ended any chance of a united Nubia.

I could maybe get behind that

• 1Like
Reactions:

For the french translation, they used as a name for Funj (or the Sultanate of Sennar), Nubia.....

• 1Like
Reactions:
Was there a a specific name for this kingdom? Am curious

I think Nubia is an excellent idea. Oromia might be a good idea, but Somalia is probably not. Oromo was a specific culture/identity (with clans inside) that was spread throughout the 1500s and later and eroded the power of the two regional powers Ethiopia and the Adal Sultanate. Somalia comprises disparate feuding clans and geographic regions.

I think my main suggestion is a Tamilakam formable for any state of Tamil culture that manages to unite Tamil Nadu. They would have a unique mission tree similar to Vijayanagar's that progressively gives claims on Kerala, Andhra, Lanka, Odisha, Bengal, Burma, Sumatra and Malaysia (historical extent of the Cholas), and their national ideas would have naval, military, and dev/building bonuses.

Nubia is not really a thing... it's complicated because modern sources uses nubia anachronistically when talking about the land south of ancient egypt but the word nubia originates in medieval times, the word nubian directly comes from the noba people who settled in parts of sudan after the collapse of the kingdom of meroe (a kushite kingdom). SO while there is a degree of continuity kush/meroe -> nubia this is through dispersion and assimilation of kushite culture among the new noba population. So the concept of nubia is really vague and actual nubian were just the people associated with the nobiin kingdom in the far north of nubia

• 1Like
Reactions: