EU4 - Development Diary - 4th of August 2020

EU4 - Development Diary - 4th of August 2020

• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on Thursday, February 25th 2021 At approximately 4PM CST / Friday, February 26th 2021 Midnight UTC. This downtime is estimated to last up to 2 hours.
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Khmer Moharaja

Recruit
Aug 11, 2020
Nothing that allows the conversion on state religion to Islam like what happened under King Ramadhipati I?
How could i forgot about that!!! Ramathipadi I was a son of Chey Chettha II. With the help of Muslim merchants from Malaya, he murdered Ang Non I in 1642, and ascended the throne. He converted to Islam and changed his name to Sultan Ibrahim. He started to drive out the Dutch East India Company, in 1643, the Cambodian–Dutch War broke out.
There is also a Christianization periods as well which also known as The Cambodian–Spanish War from 1593 to 1597 it was an attempt by the Spanish Empire to conquer Cambodia, establish their own king, and Christianize the population(after a filed peaceful attempt by the member of the Dominican Order). Along with the Spanish, Spanish Filipinos, native Filipinos and Japanese mercenaries participated in the invasion of Cambodia.
omg thank you!! this is such a great idea for in game event like Japan Shinto religion!!
This give player 4 choices:
+Remain a devout patron of peace between other Indochina kingdoms by remaining a Buddhist.
+Returned of the traditional Khmer Hinduism with aggressive military mind set and gain trade from India continent.
+Gained trade advantage from Islam between many the Malaya kingdoms of spices.
+Finally the benefits of westernized the military and trade with the Catholic Spanish empire, or Kingdom of Portugal.

You amazing wonderful person i love you so much!!

Reactions:

Bluemonkey

Recruit
30 Badges
Feb 14, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
In the first Dev Diary, neondt said they wouldn’t be updating the map of Burma because it was updated in Dharma, he did not say that they wouldn’t touch Burma. In fact, a reply in the Majapahit Dev Diary specifically said that there would be content for Burma.
noice, thank u

Jul 31, 2018
How could i forgot about that!!! Ramathipadi I was a son of Chey Chettha II. With the help of Muslim merchants from Malaya, he murdered Ang Non I in 1642, and ascended the throne. He converted to Islam and changed his name to Sultan Ibrahim. He started to drive out the Dutch East India Company, in 1643, the Cambodian–Dutch War broke out.
There is also a Christianization periods as well which also known as The Cambodian–Spanish War from 1593 to 1597 it was an attempt by the Spanish Empire to conquer Cambodia, establish their own king, and Christianize the population(after a filed peaceful attempt by the member of the Dominican Order). Along with the Spanish, Spanish Filipinos, native Filipinos and Japanese mercenaries participated in the invasion of Cambodia.
omg thank you!! this is such a great idea for in game event like Japan Shinto religion!!
This give player 4 choices:
+Remain a devout patron of peace between other Indochina kingdoms by remaining a Buddhist.
+Returned of the traditional Khmer Hinduism with aggressive military mind set and gain trade from India continent.
+Gained trade advantage from Islam between many the Malaya kingdoms of spices.
+Finally the benefits of westernized the military and trade with the Catholic Spanish empire, or Kingdom of Portugal.

You amazing wonderful person i love you so much!!
Damn I didn't know this. Super interesting. What happened to the Christian and Muslim Cambodian?
You seems well versed in Khmer history, any idea for new tag in Khmer area? Or Khmer was just as centralized as it was in the game?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Khmer Moharaja

Recruit
Aug 11, 2020
Damn I didn't know this. Super interesting. What happened to the Christian and Muslim Cambodian?
You seems well versed in Khmer history, any idea for new tag in Khmer area? Or Khmer was just as centralized as it was in the game?
well in the older days of Cambodia there is tolerance of religion between Hinduism and Buddhism and later on Muslim, and Catholic was also tolerate as well. as for the Catholic faith the king mainly appointed them as ambassador, teacher, translator and negotiator between the Khmer and European power that come to Cambodia. especially his eminence Jean-Claude Miche was a French missionary and bishop. He played an instrumental role in the establishment of the French Protectorate of Cambodia. While the Muslim who after the reign of Ramathipadi I started a few failed rebellion against the Buddhist monarchy and the Khmer rival Champa that later migrate to Cambodia who is a Mulism only increase mistrust among the devout Cambodia elite and peasant alike, but due to their sea faring and trading skill which prevent any further prosecution from the Buddhist.

As for the game idea it would be my honor to help you with some of that and in my opinion:
+Theravada Buddhism: would be replace by "City of the Gods" Angkor was once the capital of faiths that show the world the tolerance of religion among many of her peoples and the concentrate of priests from different religion gather there to pray and study.
+River Trade: would be replace by "Tonle Sap" or "Cambodia's beating heart" with her many fish production that make it one of the world's most productive freshwater ecosystems. That and the floods that pulse through it in monsoon season, swelling it to as much as five times its dry-season size, have earned the lake the nickname “Cambodia's beating heart.”
+"Women Authority" Women in Cambodia are traditionally expected to be modest, soft-spoken, "light" walkers, well-mannered, however they also act as financial administrators, and act as advisors and servants to their husbands. As financial administrators, the women of Cambodia can be identified as having household authority at the familial level. (allow female ruler, commander, or just improve in economic)
aka: Khmer emperor of Angkor had their Royal guards only consisted of women because they believe that women emotion ,and loyalty are Superior than men this could be another focus tag.
+"Restoration of Angkor" replace by the "Pride of Angkor" just sound cooler.
+"Search for Jayavarman VII" king Jayavarman VII was mysteriously disappear with out trace for the past 200 years and we must keep on the search for him(in cambodia myth we still believe that Jayavarman was still alive and a sleep some where just like king Author, while we also believe that underneath angkor king Surayavarman II was also still a sleep down there as well and thats why the monks and Brahman keep chanting in hope to wake him up. again just a myth).

well that is all i can think of rn and the buff i would give that to you to decide also i hope that there will be a Khmer skin pack as well!! we had our special look that kinda differ us from Ayutthaya. well i hope that my 4 years of research and studying paid off here by helping you guy (⌒▽⌒)

if you need anymore info i could help you and i could also contact my professor as well yeah i know he is a fan of this game as well (^艸^)

Reactions:

Pale Blue

Major
42 Badges
Nov 2, 2017
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
i would love to show my gratitude for focusing on Khmer in the next update, but i would love to ask a favor that instead of Khmer could Cambodia or Kampuchea replace them as a starting nation and instead make "Khmer empire" or "Chakrphup Khmer" or "Anachak Khmer" a formidable nation instead. i bring up this point because his majesty Ponhea Yat also known as Barom Reachea II was the last king that hold the title of "Khmer Emperor" or the "Chakravartin" and the first "King of Cambodia" as well since He was forced to flee Yasodharapura in 1431 as indefensible against the Siamese, resettling first in Basan (Srey Santhor), and after that it became flooded, to Chaktomuk (now part of Phnom Penh). The funny things is that Srok Khmer or Kampuchea are the same but we just wanna separate the historical timeline between the Angkor periods and the Dark age periods that follow the demise of Angkor. Also when reform Khmer empire could the capital change from Angkor to Yasodharapura (if convert to Hinduism) and change the dynasty to "Varman" as well (again of the player convert back to Hinduism).
Sorry for being a nerd and history addict (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง my next goal is to look up if the Srivijaya
are going to be formidable or not!!

Me ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉) ↚ NERD!!

Does that mean instead of a Khmer tag it should start as a Cambodia tag, because that is more accurate? It could later be renamed to Khmer again through its missions.

Katrex

Sergeant
60 Badges
Jan 4, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
I feel like the issue with -% dev cost ideas is that, the more -%dev cost you add, the better it becomes.. going from 80% to 90% often means moving from 7 power per dev to 4 power per dev. That means the idea can double the value of your monarch points.. (assuming access to low dev provinces).

Afaik this is the only mechanic in the game that works like this, and THAT is why it feels so bad not to have -10% dev cost in your idea set.

Edit:
Actually that's not true, -CCR works the same way.. which helps explain why that idea is so powerful. It's a lot harder to stack -CCR than stacking dev cost reduction though.

all minus modifiers work that way. You can min max all sorts ofthings. 10% is nice but youc an stillg et to -90% without it, at which point the extra 10% gives you like 3 extra clicks before the cost goes up. But if you have enough land youre probably spam deving everything to 20 and stopping there.So its less significant.

Trust me, the problem is too many monarch points. Half the monarch point generation youd barely dev at all untill you had devefficiency universities and100+ provinces

Khmer Moharaja

Recruit
Aug 11, 2020
Does that mean instead of a Khmer tag it should start as a Cambodia tag, because that is more accurate? It could later be renamed to Khmer again through its missions.
correct my friend we kinda start to identify our country as Cambodia but still we called our self as Khmer, so yeah it would be more accurate.

Jayavarman

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
83 Badges
Feb 8, 2002
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • East India Company Collection
  • Diplomacy
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Lead and Gold
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Lightwell

Colonel
On Probation
55 Badges
Jul 14, 2019
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
+"Women Authority" Women in Cambodia are traditionally expected to be modest, soft-spoken, "light" walkers, well-mannered, however they also act as financial administrators, and act as advisors and servants to their husbands. As financial administrators, the women of Cambodia can be identified as having household authority at the familial level. (allow female ruler, commander, or just improve in economic)

They really should add some sort of bonus to this. Currently, it's just a way to change your advisor's icon. I just don't have any ideas about which stats should be affected like this.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Ghoul233

Recruit
Aug 13, 2020
Thank you for doing so much !
btw , could you replace the Germany solider model by the prussia's ? I really think the solider model of Germany cannot make me really play with passion .

Pale Blue

Major
42 Badges
Nov 2, 2017
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
Now that Khmer is in its own culture group can you make the 33% convert culture cost modifier permanent, if you complete the second golden age mission?
Being the only country of a culture group hurts you gameplay wise. If it stays temporarily it will be better to swap to the Siam group and use the culture conversion bonus to convert Khmer to something else.
If it is a permanent modifier, it would still be bad to stay Khmer, but it would be less bad if you want to stay Khmer.