• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 27th of October 2020

Hello everyone! Today we are going to talk about some improvements in some interfaces for how you deal with governing capacity and one new feature that uses a lot of governing capacity but also let you “keep growing” on the land you already own.

First to make it easier to manage your governing capacity we’ve been adding needed information in two places. First we have added so when a building affects governing capacity it will now show that so you can get a sense of where you will get most value out of it in your realm, helping players with larger empires.

1603787892909.png

This means buildings such as courthouses will now show how much governing capacity they will remove if built in that specific province.

Next is a little help to everyone who have been amassing a lot of vassals to hold land for them. Previously there was no way to see how much governing capacity a vassal had or how much was being used.

1603787978875.png

We’ve now added so that can be viewed under the subject interface when you go into the details window for that subject.

Now to the new feature, for the one that has extra governing capacity, a Switzerland hiding in the mountains wanting to play tall. So in a province that is at least 15 development you can expand its infrastructure to allow for another building and manufactory in it. This increases the governing cost of the province by a flat 200 which can not be reduced by province modifiers.

1603788042280.png

Then for every 15 development of the province and further 200 governing capacity you can expand the infrastructure more for more slots of buildings and manufactories.

Hope you’ve enjoyed today's development diary! Next week we’ll be back with a new diary which will be written by Johan!

• 96Like
  • 25Love
Reactions:
What about changing it to gold? Tall nation will fight less and wars are the most expensive thing you can do in this game so it should be more gold for them to develop country.

Reactions:
I see there is big misunderstanding what PLAYING TALL means.
Playing 10-province Switzerland all game long is not PLAYING TALL - it’s PLAYING SMALL!
PLAYING TALL is about focusing on development instead of expansion, but it doesn’t mean that you do not expand at all or am limited just to 10 provinces.. Countries like Spain or England start with few times more provinces from day one and it is well possible PLAYING TALL with these countries, isn’t it? As England taking all British Islands, having 50 trade company provinces and some colonial nations - would that be WIDE PLAY or TALL PLAY? As there would be just few conquests according mission tree I couldn’t call it as WIDE PLAY in any way. By midgame you can boost all provinces to 30-40 DEV, use up nearly all building slots and etc - exactly same as what you could do with 10-province Switzerland in TALL PLAY.
Extra building, let it be even manufactory for a cost of 200 GC is complete joke in any normal TALL PLAY. It’s just few irrelevant clicks end of game. Nothing more.

This new mechanic has to cost no more than 10 flat GC if there is wish to promote TALL PLAY over WIDE PLAY in sensible way.
Infrastructure mechanic could determine how many manufacturing buildings can be built in province. No infrastructure - no manufactories. That would prevent manufactory spam in 3 DEV provinces in WIDE PLAY - big step towards game being less broken.

• 2Like
Reactions:
im not sure why people are assuming youd be able to build more than one of the same type, since thats not how any other building in the game works, but idk maybe im the idiot and thats exactly how it is
Maybe we are two idiots because I have been wondering about this too. One province equals one possible manufactury. The second manufactury has to be of the same type as no province has two trade goods. Right? So what does it do exactly? Doubles the benefits of one manufactury?

Maybe we are two idiots because I have been wondering about this too. One province equals one possible manufactury. The second manufactury has to be of the same type as no province has two trade goods. Right? So what does it do exactly? Doubles the benefits of one manufactury?
Were you not here for Emperor? "Manufactory" is a building slot that can be filled by a number of different buildings now rather than just one specific building type. Though I suppose part of the intent is also that you can double up manufactories themselves, yes.

Were you not here for Emperor? "Manufactory" is a building slot that can be filled by a number of different buildings now rather than just one specific building type. Though I suppose part of the intent is also that you can double up manufactories themselves, yes.

Well yes I was. Iirc now there is a row of buttons on the lower buildings tab. But still, you can only build one production-oriented building, apropriate to the province's trade good. Now you can build two of the same?

Last edited:
:(
so what is the point of multiple manufacturies?
Pick more than one from the list of buildings that take up the manufactory slot.