• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 27th of March 2018

rb.jpg

Good morning! It's Tuesday and probably 10am somewhere so let's have another EU4 Dev Diary. Today marks one week since the release of Rule Britannia along with the 1.25 England update. The whole team is delighted to see people playing and enjoying the content, in particular the popularity of England (Already one of the most played nations in the game) spiking sixfold.

So while we are very happy with how this release has gone this is no time to rest on our laurels. We have been hard at work digesting your various bug reports and feedback and fixing appropriately. Today I want to talk about our development plans going forward.

Firstly, we have not released any immediate hotfixes for 1.25. We put together a hotfix as soon as possible when we find massive issues, usually with stability (game crashing, consistent widespread out of syncs) which affect many people with high frequency. Thankfully we have not been receiving much report of these but there are still a number of issues which we do want to get fixed in a small patch which we are looking to have ready for you in the not too distant future.

Here is a list of some of the issues we are looking to get fixed up as a matter of urgency:

• Rare naval mission crashes in Random New World Games
  • AI pirating Rule Britannia and having access to Naval Doctrines when the player does not
  • Duplicating modifiers when loading multiple save games
  • Various Missions fixes a-la 20,000 development U-tsang
  • Religious icons offset
  • Luck of the Irish achievement not working for all Irish tags. (This won't be able to retroactively fix your save so if you want to go for the achievement with one of the newly added Irish tags, wait for this fix)
  • Cleves being nuts about converting heretics
  • Fixing that the English mission "Strategic Control" was sometimes impossible to complete.
  • Correct claims for Great Britain in decisions/nation formations/missions
  • Neverending AI wars
This is not an exhaustive list, but it's some of the more serious issues which we are looking to sort out in an upcoming 1.25.1 hotfix. Its deployment date is chalked up to be "soon", pending successful fixing, building and testing which all, much as we try to bend the fabric of reality, takes a bit of time. It's my hope that we can have the fix out to you in time for Easter though, so we can celebrate it, as is tradition, by staying indoors and playing games.

Beyond this though, lies our road forward. We shall start working on our next update for Europa Universalis IV. While we are very happy with how our Immersion pack has done, the next planned release is slated to be an expansion and accompanying update of the magnitude of Rights of Man, Mandate of Heaven or Cradle of Civilization. Dev diaries going forward will be talking about some changes and additions in the next release which will be quite some time away. We'll start with talking about one of the bigger changes in 1.26 next week if all goes to plan, so see you then!

Reactions:
I am really enjoying this immersion pack, thank you for your hard work.

Can we please get a hint about the world region of focus for the next update? Even if it's just a small, out of context, unexplained image? please?? I've been in the process of putting together a massive suggestion for Tartary over the course of two months, and it took an absurd amount of time and research, I just wanna know if it went to waste or not

Will you also fix ai vassals going over naval forcelimit and getting deficits the whole time? Tbh it works for me, when I annex them I got a lot of ships but this is an issue I believe.

Maybe it would be better for 1.26 to be a free patch update?

wel dis pacht of rule britania is gud.

but I think is the moment for a dlc to de sacra Spain

I will cry of emotion
i would like to see HRE DLC and Spanish immersion pack, then something with India and Poland

Maybe it would be better for 1.26 to be a free patch update?
if i remember well there are no free patches after immersion packs, this one gave big content in the form of a missions (despite they would be better)

Good to see some fixes, you really do need to fix the economy though, the change was to maintainance was too basic, should've been an increase over time, early game was okay.

Well, if the next DLC is again a big content patch, while there needs some new balancing adjustments (money issues, too much naval etc) a smaller patch just fixing things first would be better. so maybe a 1.25.2 first

i would like to see HRE DLC and Spanish immersion pack, then something with India and Poland

if i remember well there are no free patches after immersion packs, this one gave big content in the form of a missions (despite they would be better)
I think Spain deserves a dlc if in this dlc change the mecanics of catolicism and colonization. Spain i think is the perfect country for that.

Let me guess: the next expansion will be for Asia (the previous one was for Europe), so it leaves 3 regions untouched:
  • 1. Siberia and Asian steppes
  • 2. India
  • 3. Indochina and Indonesia

The first option is unlikely because you will also have to change European steppes.
India is in really bad shape now: we have a relatively OP Vijayanagar that has hands own the best NIs in region and fast access to forming Bharat and we have all the rest nation that are either much lower development or just have trash-tier NIs.
Indonesia isn't in a good shape as well: most nations have quite lackluster NIs and the province layout feels outdated compared to fresh Middle and Far East.

So it's India or Indonesia... Personally I'd prefer the latter, but India is way more unbalanced ATM.

This is a great DLC - lots of interesting new developments such as the mission system, that can be built on in the future.
It just goes to show what happens when you focus on one of the regions players are already interested in.

Hopefully, this means that the next region will be one of ...

Italy - with Papacy overhaul
Spain - with colonial overhaul
HRE - with mechanics overhaul

Definitely not Asia, Africa, the Americas etc etc.

To clarify (above). That doesn't mean Africa, India, China etc aren't fascinating and worthy places - but this is Europa (Universalis) and the player numbers by nation show exactly which part of the world people want to be engaged with (in the main).

so u are not announcing dlc target region or country today?

how u could know which countries are most played? (upside from England DDR Jake said in this thread)

To clarify (above). That doesn't mean Africa, India, China etc aren't fascinating and worthy places - but this is Europa (Universalis) and the player numbers by nation show exactly which part of the world people want to be engaged with (in the main).

hahahahahahhahaaha

Is the hot fix going to fix the issue with the sacking event when desieging your own land?