• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello all, and welcome to another development diary for Europa Universalis. Today we’ll focus on the further improvements to interacting with Subjects that the Rights of Man Expansion will give you.

First of all, we are adding three more military focuses for subjects to the two we added in Art of War.

Passive - This will make the subject stay with armies in their own territory, and defend there. This can be helpful if you want them to preserve their troops, and not interfere with your plans, or get caught.

Defensive - This is the focus you put on stronger vassals, that you want to protect the allied territory, so that you can focus on the offensive. This can be very helpful at dealing with rebels inside the realm, or to stop those pesky invaders sending stacks behind your main armies.

Siege - These subjects will use their armies to siege down hostile fortresses and not seek any battles.

With six different ways for subjects to behave in war’s, a decentralised realm with a solid amount of subjects can be a devastating power.
eu4_110.png

Secondly, as you can see in the screenshot, we added a new interface to the expansion, so you can quickly see the details on your subjects, how their economy is doing, and the other relevant stats. This helps us to see if we can build more fortifications in their territory, or if we need to subsidize their armies to kickstart their economy.

Finally, if you have money or power to spare, you can now spend them in building up your subjects. If you increase development in a subject you reduce the liberty desire. As you can see, the macro-builder now shows a little bit better information when it comes to making good decisions when developing.

eu4_109.png

Next week we’ll talk about four new minor features for Rights of Man.

Please, please consider adding a 'mothball army' option, the same way we have one for fleets. Call it 'send to reserve' or something, and include it in this patch if at all possible.

There's even an empty spot on the Army UI where it could easily go. I hope this is something that wouldn't be very difficult to implement.

Reactions:
Will the Fort System get another rework?
Currently its more then confusing and i often have the impression the AI is ignoring it 90% of the time anyway.
Also that the best Playstyle is to have no/very few forts and that the AI has to cheat on fortmaintance AND does not know how to and where to build/upgrade forts properly is not ideal either.

Reactions:
AoW owners is the only ones that have Supportive & Agressive.
RoM owners is the only ones that have Siege, Passive & Defensive.

Those that own both get all 5.

Everyone has the 'none' focus, which is default.

That is the main reason why your DLC/Expansion modell is not ideal. :(

Reactions:
Yay another expansion after AoW which breaks game balance so much it will be a must have. Then the subsequent patches will nerf the hell out of free base game options cuz the peeps with this DLC will complain they have it too easy.

Reactions:
That development in subject seems somehow OP :O

Also question!

@Johan will the "Stop Westernization" feauture from Common Sense be removed entirely or replaced with some other minor feature?

Its removed. But if you have Common Sense, you can boost development in a province, which gives great control over your institution spread.

Reactions:
Will the Fort System get another rework?
Currently its more then confusing and i often have the impression the AI is ignoring it 90% of the time anyway.
Also that the best Playstyle is to have no/very few forts and that the AI has to cheat on fortmaintance AND does not know how to and where to build/upgrade forts properly is not ideal either.

It wont change, but it will be more easily understood with the new fortmapmode.

Reactions:
Please, please consider adding a 'mothball army' option, the same way we have one for fleets. Call it 'send to reserve' or something, and include it in this patch if at all possible.

There's even an empty spot on the Army UI where it could easily go. I hope this is something that wouldn't be very difficult to implement.

Not for 1.18

Reactions:
Its removed. But if you have Common Sense, you can boost development in a province, which gives great control over your institution spread.

Ok thanks for the reply :)

@Johan

Are you planning on adding natural disasters to the game in the future? Events which are consistent with the time and occur every play through as they are not influenced by humanity. e.g. Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes, floods. They could have an effect on the province such as reducing development or costing the country stability as well money to fix.

Reactions:
Secondly, as you can see in the screenshot, we added a new interface to the expansion, so you can quickly see the details on your subjects, how their economy is doing, and the other relevant stats.

The one information I would like to have readily available about my subjects is how much development they have in total, so that I don't screw up by giving them too much land (and then incurring the strange +50% LD). Could you add this, please?

Reactions:
Reactions:
When will we get a release date :( The technology rework alone makes the current system feel so limited for RotW countries.

Reactions:
IDK about everyone else, but since the Development Macro Builder got mentioned, I'd love it if you could somehow add Religion and Culture to it. I don't want to increase development in provinces that don't follow the One True Faith like ever, because that increases precious conversion time. And although I rarely convert cultures, the cost and time also scales with development, so it would be an important piece of information should one plan that.

Reactions: