EU4 - Development Diary 24th of August 2021

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bugfixes are nice but are there any plans to tweak estate-dependent missions for the way estates work now? (think Brahmin with Mughals)

Do bug fixes include fixing screenshots on steam page for leviathan? Been almost half-a-year and there are still screenshots taken in debug mode and with missing UI
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, they've been changed now :)

Reactions:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, they've been changed now :)
Please, please, please, if you can pass it on somehow to the dev team. Before you close EU4 development cycle, and move on to EU5, add something cool to Constantinople. Anything. Would make 4 excellent parting gift, as EU4 becomes a classic game, like CK2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please, please, please, if you can pass it on somehow to the dev team. Before you close EU4 development cycle, and move on to EU5, add something cool to Constantinople. Anything. Would make 4 excellent parting gift, as EU4 becomes a classic game, like CK2.
Why? Constantinople already has lots of unique things ingame?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why? Constantinople already has lots of unique things ingame?
Why not? A large portion of the player base, plays Byzantium regularly. Can't hurt. I'm not talking about any new game mechanics either. Say a beautiful representation of the City, in art, in that province. After all, up until the fall of Constantinople, it's one of the most sophisticated, massive and beautiful Cities on the planet. Maybe same for other key European Cities of the era such as Rome, Venice, London, Paris, Moscow, Nuremberg, Madrid, Jerusalem, and a few others.

• 1Like
Reactions:
More missions sound nice to me. I do hope the Middle East will be touched here - Ottoman mission tree is large, but boring, many prominent tags of the region like Mamluks, Persia, Oman or Timurids have very small trees, and there are a lot of tags with no missions that could use some - Egypt, Rûm, united Arabia or tags of Caucasus like Armenia or Georgia, for example.

• 3Like
Reactions:
As music is mentioned, I look forward to buying OST of this masterpiece in Steam. I'm maybe one of the few who likes buying soundtracks in Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I currently only see countries to be playable if they have an mission tree > 10 missions

I would like to play more:
Missing Missions:
-denmark
-sweden
-norway
-china / ming
-mamluks
-oman
- persia
- africa
- americas

• 2Like
Reactions:
I currently only see countries to be playable if they have an mission tree > 10 missions

I would like to play more:
Missing Missions:
-denmark
-sweden
-norway
-china / ming
-mamluks
-oman
- persia
- africa
- americas

I can't agree more, especially for Oman which was one of the only colonial "power" outside of Europe.

I would add to that list Bukhara / Uzbeks , Afghanistan, Chagatai Moghulistan, Punjab, Georgia, Armenia, Butwa, Ethiopia, Sudanese minors, well.. They are so many..
Not to mention the map layout who is lacking from Africa to Central Asia, Caucasus and parts of Middle east included.

Reactions:
Thank you to the team for receiving feedback and addressing fan criticism, fixing bugs and not letting this game die yet. I like the roadmap, and I still hope for more content and flavor in certain regions like South America, Africa and colonization.

I'd like EUIV to be the best it can be before moving to its next generation, it's the only way I will keep trusting the brand.
Hmm, trusting the brand. How’s that got you thus far?

Addressing fan criticism is irrelevant unless followed up by action. Which it isn’t. Ever. Since Golden Century they’ve spiral fired bloat after bloat at the game and refused to implant them properly without any consideration for overall game coherence. Let alone properly balancing the newly implemented bloat so that it jives with the rest of the game. Nobody even knows what EU4 is supposed to be anymore. Is it a historical sim or sandbox? Recreate history or change it? Yes it can be all of those things which is why it is great and yes of course they’re not suppose to tackle these questions now so far into its lifecycle but some consideration for them might be nice.

Also, what do you mean “thanks for not letting the game die yet” ?? They’re the ones who shot it in the head!!!!!!!!

Stockholm (haha) syndrome much

Reactions:
The development is centralised in their capital *because* they don't actually get anything from their "Tribal Territory", it's how they are able to share lands with colonisers. Once they settle, they start to behave more like a traditional nation and the development is then spread out. The issue is that the Native Tribes are reforming too quickly, settling decades before they are supposed to and thus the colonisers have no lands to settle themselves because there's nothing to share.

That's being fixed though!
I have repeatedly seen them “settle” with stupidly high dev

Kind of disheartening that there will be no bugfixes in 1.31.6. i was hoping to finally switch from 1.30 to 1.31 in september with 1.31.6 but it seems like i will have to wait for 2022. Bugs like the state flag bug destroy the performance of the game, NA being all duchies before europeans even build their first cn, AI colonisers failing because they have to get extremely lucky to find 5 available provinces in the same colonial region on the east coast and any AI empire that could become a threat instantly implodes bx releasing half it's country since the band aid fixes to that issue are only working in very specific situations and there is still no priority in what the AI is releasing. They need 50GC and release 400dev nations they had full cores on.....

Despite what was said about 1.31.5 being technically quite stable, the game is in a catastrophic state and with a 1.32 release in late 2021 and the accompanying fixes in 2022 it seems like it will be in a state that bad or worse for almost a full year.

We know from other devs that almost all of these bugs are already fixed internally and i can only strongly suggest to ship at least the ones fixing the blue state flag bug, Native reform gain and any made fixes to AI GC management in 1.31.6
Yes! Yes! Yes! Good man

• 1Like
Reactions:
Excellent news and data, I ever thought that Great Britain,England,Spain, France would be 75% of most played nations, seems by this data that I was wrong and people play many nations. So the 1% or 0,002% of player who play with Africa, NA,SA and Oceania are still there. Good to know this diversity.

Hope the new bug fix improve the game and be better optimized since the new paradox release I don't have any performance problems.