• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good day all. Today is our first development diary post-release of Cradle of Civilization. I'll be talking about our immediate plans going forward and what can be expected with regards to future plans, bugfixes and looking towards 1.24.

So Cradle of Civilization was released last week and we're very pleased to read your feedback on it. It's heartwarming to see our game still growing in popularity and our team has been taking on what we've read from you. It has also been great fun to see so many people playing in 1.23 enjoying the work we've put in the Middle East. Many players advancing forward as the Mamluks or taking a minor of their choice to form Persia from the disintegrating Timurid Empire has been a real pat on the back (I never imagined Mamluks could become such a popular pick in EU's lifetime)

With regard to what we are up to now and our future plans, we are working our way through bugs reported from the community with a view to releasing an opt-in patch to fix some of the more glaring issues in 1.23 / Cradle of Civilization. This patch will be available, if all goes to plan, within the week.

When the immediate glaring issues are stamped down on, we will continue working on other issues as well as some enhancements for the game which will come in the 1.24 update. 1.24 will be a free update to the game much like the Hungary and Denmark updates, containing bugfixes and perhaps a few added goodies.

As you may have noticed, we have been giving our update versions names for a while now. So far we've had Prussia, Denmark, Ming, Hungary, Russia and Persia. Where will we look to next?

Where oh where oh where.jpg

Where indeed?

Australia? Wouldn't Australia pretty much be as it is, colonial regions.
Actually, Australia was pretty complex just like North and South American continents were. 100's of different tribes, wars, and everything occurred. The fact they have left it pretty bare is pretty sad really. Same with New Zealand and the other islands in the pacific.

Out of curiousity, can't you just release multiple fix patches? Some stuff is likely very easy to fix, while other stuff is harder. Just release them in two parts so that we get at least some of the fixes asap.

If this was as simple as it sounds, all Developers would do all their patches like this.

Oh god, please, be an Oceania/Australia update.

There is absolutely no Australia on the screenshot.

Actually, Australia was pretty complex just like North and South American continents were. 100's of different tribes, wars, and everything occurred. The fact they have left it pretty bare is pretty sad really. Same with New Zealand and the other islands in the pacific.
The thing is the Americas are isolated from powers of vastly different technological levels until the Europeans arrive (and even then the Europeans aren't nearly fast enough to crush them). Australia on the other hand is right next to the much more advanced Indonesia and indochina. Hence keeping them as tags means they will get institutions of their more advanced neighbors and thus be far more advances than they ought to be.

Last edited:
No its Malaysia area, which is in that area of the world, the last update covered massive ground in Asia/Middle East, so it is feasible to include Oceania in that pic.

Last update was a major DLC. This one is a free patch. Not only would such a scope be too much for this, but also a big waste as it means these areas won't be covered a more highly budgeted update.

I reckon this is all subterfuge and they are going to redo the Arctic

What about teams in multiplayer like the dev clash? will you work on that as you suggested in the stream?
If anything they suggested the opposite in the stream. However, I've noticed that countries in the save file now have a "team=0" variable added to them. Perhaps with a bit of prep work and save editing you could get the team functionality rolling in your own MP game. No guarantees though, I haven't tried it myself.

Feudal Jakocracy. Get special bonuses when fighting the Chinese, does not need a special culture to form the Golden Horde.