• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone and welcome to another development diary about Europa Universalis. This time we have a feature for Common Sens, that is so large that it is spread over two weeks of development diaries. It is how we interact with your subject states.

In the subjects overview screen, there is now an additional button where you can open up an interaction menu with all your subjects.

Today we’ll talk about the tools you have regarding vassals, marches and lesser union partners.

Placate Local Rulers
This can be done on both vassals and marches, and lets you pay prestige (if you have positive prestige), to reduce the liberty desire of that subject by 10%.

Embargo Rivals
This is a toggle you can put on any subject. If it is on they will embargo all your rivals as quickly as their diplomats can travel. However, this increases their liberty desire by 5% while active.

Place Relative on Throne
This can only be done on vassals, and only when they have a regency. You can replace the regency with a ruler from your own dynasty.

Enforce Religion
This can only be done on vassals, unions and marches. This is possible if the subject is in your religious group, have less than 50% of Liberty Desire, and you have positive relations. Of course, this increases Liberty Desire by 50%, so its something you have to evaluate when it is desirable to do.

Scutage
This is a toggle that can be set to on or off on a vassal. When it is on, they will not be called into wars, unless declared war upon. However, they will provide 50% more of its income to you.

Subsidize Armies
This is a toggle in marches, where if on, you will send up to 10% of your manpower to them each month, to fill up their manpower pool.

Fortify March
This allows you to build or upgrade a fort in a march, where you as overlord fronts the build costs.

Enforce Culture
This is the option if you got some diplomatic power to burn. You can swap the primary culture of a lesser union partner to your culture for a power cost, but this is only doable if they are below 50% liberty desire and it will increase it by 50% as well.

Siphon Income
Unions usually do not provide money to their overlord, but history is full of rulers who took from one part of their realm to provide for another. This action lets you take 50% of a lesser union partners yearly income if you have positive relations. It will increase liberty desire by 10% but also reduce relations rather dramatically.

Support Loyalists
Unions don’t have any local ruler that needs to be placated, so instead you have a toggle where you spend 10% of their monthly income each month, while reducing liberty desire by 20% as long as its active.

FLyJU4U.jpg

Next week we’ll talk about protectorates, trade companies and colonial nations, and their unique actions.

Sounds good. Looking forward to next week, particularly the trade companies. Still a bit disappointed with how limited they've been so far.

Reactions:
Enforce Religion / Culture: How long will this 50% liberty desire last? And what happens when they are converted back by rebels?

Support Loyalists: To clarify, this is an amount paid by the senior partner equal to 10% of the lesser partner's income?

Reactions:
And here I thought the major features were going to be the development, and fort changes. I was excited just for that so this is amazing. :)

One question though, although I know you said that colonial nations will be discussed next week, will they have something similar to Enforce religion, as currently when playing as a colonizer and planning to reform I always have to postpone CN creation or else they will remain Catholic instead of switching to Reformed/Protestant. (To the best of my knowledge/experience)

Reactions:
Wow! Incredible Work and something i wished was possible for a long time :D
One Question concerning the Actions of Enforcing Culture and Religion. Will the Liberty Desire Increase burn away with time?
Else either of these Options shuts your vassals down for good ;)

Reactions:
Looks like some nice changes!

Although Hainaut should be part of Holland as they came to Burgundy as part of the same PU. :)

Reactions:
Burgundy is looking strange... no matter. Spain will claim your lands all the same!

Wow! Incredible Work and something i wished was possible for a long time :D
One Question concerning the Actions of Enforcing Culture and Religion. Will the Liberty Desire Increase burn away with time?
Else either of these Options shuts your vassals down for good ;)

I think we can be sure that they will be temporary, like the events that increase/decrease liberty desire for CNs.

Reactions:
So... is Burgundy actually going to be split into unions for the patch, or is this just an easy way to show examples of the new interface? Because I've seen conflicting things about this.

Reactions: