• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone, and welcome to this weeks development diary for EU4.

This week I want to talk about the loadingscreens of EU4. Our goal is to add to the pool of loadingscreens every time we do a major update, so that you have a large variety of cool pictures to view while the harddrive is booting up the game.

Each picture represents one country in the game, and we do not plan to have more than 1 loading screen for each nation. There is also one of the most iconic leaders of that nation on the picture, as well as a location which represents that nation.

And when making expansions, it is very much important that the country picked fits the theme for it.

Original Game
We shipped with 5 different loading screens, representing about half of the major powers of the era.
Sweden - Gustavus II Adolphus & Stockholm Archipelago
Spain - Isabella & Carribean Islands
England - Elizabeth I & Cliffs of Dover
France - Louis XIV France & French Farmlands
Ottomans - Suleiman the Magnificent & Haga Sophia

Conquest of Paradise
Iroqouis - Hiawatha & Niagara Falls

Wealth of Nations
Venice - Andrea Gritti & City of Venice

Res Publica
Netherlands - Maurice of Nassau & Windmills at Canals

Art of War
Russia - Catherine the Great & Siberia

El Dorado
Aztecs - Montezuma & Tenochtitlan

Common Sense
Austrai - Charles V & The Alps

And for our new 1.13 patch, we are adding a loading screen for Poland, with Jan Sobieski and the Jasna Gora Monastery!

pxj89DE.jpg

We still aim to have pictures for Portugal, Denmark & Prussia of the europeans majors, but it needs to fit thematically for the expansions. Not that I can think of any important Danish ruler through history.. pokes @Groogy :)

I just want to say a few things.
The background image of Suleiman is just wrong.

e660210a9ff4b8dbb730147599d6e48c4a38c502.jpg

The mosque just behind Suleiman isn't Hagia Sophia as you said. Hagia Sofia is the one at the very back. You can see the minarets. Then what's the mosque behind Suleiman?

Turkey-1263_-_Ortaköy_Mosque.jpg

It's Ortakoy mosque, which didn't even exist in that period of time. As a Turk, I would love to get this fixed as I get a laughter every time I look at Suleiman's image :D

it is not hagia sophia too (which is you mentioned) but blue mosque.

Reactions:
Prussia should have been for common sense since they developed their nation to the peak of efficiency during this time.

Portugal for when you guys do some changes to commodities?
Oooo, if you do something regarding crusades you can have a picture of king sebastion!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Can you elaborate?
Cause it's only myth that perpetuate through society that he saved Christian Europe or other BS. Ottomans wouldn't win the war and Austria as usual would hide behind the walls waiting till winter comes as they did during first siege. They would bleed themselves to death and PLC would only gain from weakening 2 potential threat to them. Beside king never demanded anything in return from it despite him whining all night all day about taking back Silesia one day. Not to mention less than 100 years later Austria returned favor by participation in Partition of PLC and seizing Starostwo Spiskie some time before it. As I said before he led PLC to another war despite all disasters that happened to country few years back. He is disgrace to our country nothing else.

Reactions:
May I humbly suggest Bohdan Khmelnytsky for the rebels DLC? :rolleyes:
In that black&red attire of his :cool:

Why would you put a man that did more harm than good? Loading screens are suppose to show great leaders and Chmielnicki (or Khmelnytsky) had poor understanding of politics at that time leading to that uprising which in fact was a disaster for both sides.

Yet, Sobieski, out of all kings of Poland and Lithuania, is the most famous abroad. He was also very good king himself, compared to what's come next...
Good? How someone after all of this what happened to PLC could wage another war with Ottos leading to losing of what is left out of Ruthenia in treaty of Buczacz is considered good? He waged wars left and right instead of trying to help recover country from wars that ravaged constantly through 50 years.

I have Res Publica but Maurice of Nassau is never appearing, does anybody know the reason? Maybe traitors are not shown?

Reactions:
Cause it's only myth that perpetuate through society that he saved Christian Europe or other BS. Ottomans wouldn't win the war and Austria as usual would hide behind the walls waiting till winter comes as they did during first siege. They would bleed themselves to death and PLC would only gain from weakening 2 potential threat to them. Beside king never demanded anything in return from it despite him whining all night all day about taking back Silesia one day. Not to mention less than 100 years later Austria returned favor by participation in Partition of PLC and seizing Starostwo Spiskie some time before it. As I said before he led PLC to another war despite all disasters that happened to country few years back. He is disgrace to our country nothing else.
- people like warmongering leaders, thats all i want to say.
Why would you put a man that did more harm than good? Loading screens are suppose to show great leaders and Chmielnicki (or Khmelnytsky) had poor understanding of politics at that time leading to that uprising which in fact was a disaster for both sides.
- for drowning poland maybe, but cossacks got all they wanted from that rebellion eventually.

Reactions:
The danish ruler ought to be Margaret I with motive being the signing of The Kalmar Union. Christian IV did many good things for Denmark, but he lost so many wars! Another could Tycho Brahe or a strong underdog Niels Juel.

Reactions: