• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey everyone,

Pontus here, marketing lead on EU4. Sorry to inform you all that today’s "DD" has been delayed due to sick leave on the EUIV team, and we should be back to more normal next week.

Today we are here to talk a little bit about Grandest LAN. This year posed some additional challenges due to Covid. Obviously we couldn't bring dozens of people together in one place for days on end. Thankfully our partners at Parsec made this year's LAN party possible. Many of you have asked “How is this a LAN”? Simple! All the computers were here in Stockholm, in one great LAN (with minimal latency), and all the players used Parsec, which is a remote desktop app, to control the computers from the comfort of their homes. And it went off without a hitch! Thankfully. Thousands of you watched the events unfold live, and hundreds of thousands have already caught up by watching the VODs on Twitch.

We just want to give a warm and hearty thank you to everyone. TurboLARP for setting up the event, Parsec for making it possible. The players for taking time out of their lives to Role Play with us. Everyone on the back end making sure the game ran smoothly. The GMs, the casters, the devs, and you, the viewers, we do it all for you!

For those of you who missed the Grandest LAN live, the entire event is being uploaded to YouTube in easy to digest, 30ish minute episodes. We will compile the entire event into a playlist for ease of viewing as a series. We know it can be difficult to watch if simply presented, unedited, in two giant 12 hour chunks.

And one more thing we need to discuss... which team was your favorite to watch???
Was it the tag swapping Swiss?
The Dutch, whose cash made the world go round?
The brave Georgians, who fought off so many assaults on their mountain forts.
The Irish, Bretons, or Norwegians, who all fought for control over the New World...so the dutch could plunder the trade routes :D
The Serbs, who started more than a few global conflicts.
The Mighty Prussians! Who were always happy to upset the balance of someone else’s war.
Let us know who was the MVP...in your heart.

The first episode can be watched here:

And the entire playlist is here: LINK

Next week we will be back with a proper game related Dev Diary, with some very interesting and hotly requested new content that will be coming soon...
tCoO15Cbr6h0KorcNm6vRYmHAhWUbJIe71Lcg9CtxK4OgO7_W4E6etlRPQKIn1ifMzxt45m8uLasmCHM2hXs9Zp1RQYmOrA3GHy9JpquTo4_Bv08iFAMMqKY6IChmO9z44TI6MQ8

Best,

We already know that Australia was definitely changed somehow. As we can see.
In the bottom right.

In terms of dev diary though I am kind of diappointed we haven't seen them yet.

Wow! that is big news I missed completely, looks like we'll finally get playable aborgines with their own religion

• 3Like
Reactions:
Next week we will be back with a proper game related Dev Diary, with some very interesting and hotly requested new content that will be coming soon...
tCoO15Cbr6h0KorcNm6vRYmHAhWUbJIe71Lcg9CtxK4OgO7_W4E6etlRPQKIn1ifMzxt45m8uLasmCHM2hXs9Zp1RQYmOrA3GHy9JpquTo4_Bv08iFAMMqKY6IChmO9z44TI6MQ8

Best,
Finally a update for Philippine Island, though Palawan and Sulu are missing. Hopefully you could fix Madyas as Madja-as now. and give them a mission to reclaim their ancestral homeland of Srivijaya.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hope you guys gonna include Manado and Gorontalo in Philippines patch, as they were culturally and linguistically connected!
It's not a philippines patch, they already eeworked most of SE asia (which you can see in previous dev diaries) but didnt plan on doing the philiöines, due to popular request they seem to change their mind and is indees doing a update to the philipines

Reactions:
It's not a philippines patch, they already eeworked most of SE asia (which you can see in previous dev diaries) but didnt plan on doing the philiöines, due to popular request they seem to change their mind and is indees doing a update to the philipines
I hope that I will not be disappointed and the Philippines will get some new provinces plus maybe some new playable countries.
But I would also like to see a playable country in Taiwan and the new Taiwanese culture.

Reactions:
They already have more then enough provinces. They were added not long enough -unfortunatly in that patch they did not became any mission trees or events (even as the missiontree mechanic was added before) so I guess / hope, that they will add a missiontree for the minors and some region specific events so it feels different to play there. And yes a formable or extra mission for the cebu achievment would be great. I tried that one, but it did not feel good to play that with no hint in the game and the wiki page open.

Reactions:
Hey everyone,

Pontus here, marketing lead on EU4. Sorry to inform you all that today’s "DD" has been delayed due to sick leave on the EUIV team, and we should be back to more normal next week.

Today we are here to talk a little bit about Grandest LAN. This year posed some additional challenges due to Covid. Obviously we couldn't bring dozens of people together in one place for days on end. Thankfully our partners at Parsec made this year's LAN party possible. Many of you have asked “How is this a LAN”? Simple! All the computers were here in Stockholm, in one great LAN (with minimal latency), and all the players used Parsec, which is a remote desktop app, to control the computers from the comfort of their homes. And it went off without a hitch! Thankfully. Thousands of you watched the events unfold live, and hundreds of thousands have already caught up by watching the VODs on Twitch.

We just want to give a warm and hearty thank you to everyone. TurboLARP for setting up the event, Parsec for making it possible. The players for taking time out of their lives to Role Play with us. Everyone on the back end making sure the game ran smoothly. The GMs, the casters, the devs, and you, the viewers, we do it all for you!

For those of you who missed the Grandest LAN live, the entire event is being uploaded to YouTube in easy to digest, 30ish minute episodes. We will compile the entire event into a playlist for ease of viewing as a series. We know it can be difficult to watch if simply presented, unedited, in two giant 12 hour chunks.

And one more thing we need to discuss... which team was your favorite to watch???
Was it the tag swapping Swiss?
The Dutch, whose cash made the world go round?
The brave Georgians, who fought off so many assaults on their mountain forts.
The Irish, Bretons, or Norwegians, who all fought for control over the New World...so the dutch could plunder the trade routes :D
The Serbs, who started more than a few global conflicts.
The Mighty Prussians! Who were always happy to upset the balance of someone else’s war.
Let us know who was the MVP...in your heart.

The first episode can be watched here:

And the entire playlist is here: LINK

Best,
"Next Week"

I was hoping for a follow up on the DD about favors and some global mechanics for a change. I don’t like those TAG-related mission trees and national ideas. I tend to skip their DDs entirely.

No offense intended to the content creator, but it’s just not my ideal design philosophy.

I have to confide, though, that I found the native Americans distinctive enough to warrant their own distinctive collective mechanic / mission trees.

Who are you though, and what are your philosophies?

Who knows, maybe Spain declared a new holiday between Dec 1st and today that caught Paradox Tinto by surprise.

I hear Spanish government did it because they didn't like how Gibraltar is represented as British territory in some of the history bookmarks in Europa Universalis IV. True story! ;P JK