• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey everyone,

Pontus here, marketing lead on EU4. Sorry to inform you all that today’s "DD" has been delayed due to sick leave on the EUIV team, and we should be back to more normal next week.

Today we are here to talk a little bit about Grandest LAN. This year posed some additional challenges due to Covid. Obviously we couldn't bring dozens of people together in one place for days on end. Thankfully our partners at Parsec made this year's LAN party possible. Many of you have asked “How is this a LAN”? Simple! All the computers were here in Stockholm, in one great LAN (with minimal latency), and all the players used Parsec, which is a remote desktop app, to control the computers from the comfort of their homes. And it went off without a hitch! Thankfully. Thousands of you watched the events unfold live, and hundreds of thousands have already caught up by watching the VODs on Twitch.

We just want to give a warm and hearty thank you to everyone. TurboLARP for setting up the event, Parsec for making it possible. The players for taking time out of their lives to Role Play with us. Everyone on the back end making sure the game ran smoothly. The GMs, the casters, the devs, and you, the viewers, we do it all for you!

For those of you who missed the Grandest LAN live, the entire event is being uploaded to YouTube in easy to digest, 30ish minute episodes. We will compile the entire event into a playlist for ease of viewing as a series. We know it can be difficult to watch if simply presented, unedited, in two giant 12 hour chunks.

And one more thing we need to discuss... which team was your favorite to watch???
Was it the tag swapping Swiss?
The Dutch, whose cash made the world go round?
The brave Georgians, who fought off so many assaults on their mountain forts.
The Irish, Bretons, or Norwegians, who all fought for control over the New World...so the dutch could plunder the trade routes :D
The Serbs, who started more than a few global conflicts.
The Mighty Prussians! Who were always happy to upset the balance of someone else’s war.
Let us know who was the MVP...in your heart.

The first episode can be watched here:

And the entire playlist is here: LINK

Next week we will be back with a proper game related Dev Diary, with some very interesting and hotly requested new content that will be coming soon...
tCoO15Cbr6h0KorcNm6vRYmHAhWUbJIe71Lcg9CtxK4OgO7_W4E6etlRPQKIn1ifMzxt45m8uLasmCHM2hXs9Zp1RQYmOrA3GHy9JpquTo4_Bv08iFAMMqKY6IChmO9z44TI6MQ8

Best,

I never played online, don't know how its works. But is kinda fun.

Next week we will be back with a proper game related Dev Diary, with some very interesting and hotly requested new content that will be coming soon...
tCoO15Cbr6h0KorcNm6vRYmHAhWUbJIe71Lcg9CtxK4OgO7_W4E6etlRPQKIn1ifMzxt45m8uLasmCHM2hXs9Zp1RQYmOrA3GHy9JpquTo4_Bv08iFAMMqKY6IChmO9z44TI6MQ8

For what I'm seeing here is: on the North I see Hawaii Islands, On the South New Zealand,Australia and Tasmania. On the east South American, On West South American and on Center is Philippines, Papua, I'm right guys? Haha

Good work to see Philippines.

Best Wishes and Recovery for the entire team of PDX.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hey everyone,

Pontus here, marketing lead on EU4. Sorry to inform you all that today’s "DD" has been delayed due to sick leave on the EUIV team, and we should be back to more normal next week.

Time to send a "beautifully" crafted diplomatic INSULT to the pesky COVID-19 Virus Empire (whew, that's a mouthful!) which have accumulated so much Aggressive Expansion and form a coalition against them to Cut It Down to Size? Oh, wait, that's a Victoria 2 war goal, whoops. Victoria 3 confirmed! Sorry, bad joke, I know. ;P

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Well, I think it’s a natural way: there were no sense in remaking SEA without even touching on Phillipines.

Still hoping on Australia and Oceania too
We already know that Australia was definitely changed somehow. As we can see.
dd_religion.png
In the bottom right.

In terms of dev diary though I am kind of diappointed we haven't seen them yet.

Reactions:
Hope everyone gets well soon. Hotly anticipating the next DD.

• 1Like
Reactions:
again with those inferior spicy islands??? Why don't we have iceland and the faroes as colonial nations and faroese culture, which is absolutely more important than (looks up on wiki) some of the most profitable and culturally diverse islands in the world???

• 3Haha
Reactions:
I wonder if the countries in the Philippines will get any missions? And will Cebu get missions to conquer Indi and a possible option to rename the country to Chola.
Although Chola is the name of a dynasty, I would like to see such an opportunity.
I am also wondering if the Philippines will get some new provinces plus some new playable countries?
Previously it was said that there would be no new provinces and countries in the Philippines. Have you changed your mind and added any new playable countries and new provinces?
redfvjohkms41.png

I still hope to see at least one indigenous playable country in Taiwan

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Looking forward to the new areas and provinces in the Philippines... Maybe we can see Bicol being split into Sorsogon, Albay, and Camarines (hoping for a chance for this province to spawn gold in allusion to the Paracale gold mine irl) among other things?

Reactions: