• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello all.

Sadly we can't yet talk about the big feature of Common Sense, Subject Interaction.. As we are completely redoing the interface for it, so it has to wait until next week.

Instead, we'll talk about a major change to the Holy Roman Empire, and give you the new achievements for 1.12.

Imperial Authority and Reforms

Imperial Authority has had a significant rework in 1.12. The old system tended to advance or retreat authority in big lurches and was very open to exploits. It also did not take into account how well the Empire was doing overall, and there was little benefit for the Emperor to maintain a large number of member states.

This has been changed in 1.12, as many of the events that gave Imperial Authority have been replaced with ticking values. The monthly change to Imperial Authority is now displayed in the interface, and will depend on factors such as:
- Whether there is peace in the Empire
- Total number of member states
- The amount of HRE territory held by outside powers
- The amount of HRE territory held by heretics & heathens
- The number of electors and free cities

An Emperor who is doing a good job will see their Imperial Authority naturally grow without having to resort to methods such as annexing states when authority is at 0 only to release them again later, while an Emperor that allows outside powers and heretics to dominate the Empire will find themselves unable to pass reforms entirely.

As part of this change, we've also revised the old 'Imperial Integrity' modifier for having more than 25 princes. We felt this modifier was both too strong and too arbitrary, so it has been removed. Instead, the HRE reforms were buffed to provide more of an incentive for members to vote for reform.

SbIRh9t.jpg

Achievements

Baltic Crusader - As Teutonic Order or Livonian Order conquer all of the Russia Region and make it Catholic.
Neither Holy, Nor German - Get 7 free cities in the HRE that are not of German Culture, as Emperor
Colonial Management - Have 3 colonial governors directly appointed by you at the same time.
Voting Streak - Get through 11 Issues in a row in Parliament
An Industrial Revolution - As GBR, all in english region, with 25 development.

City of Cities - Create a City with 60 development.
One Family to Rule them All - Have your dynasty on 8 thrones at the same time.
This is My Faith - Become Protestant and get maximum amount of traits.
Bleed them dry - Have 10 different War Reparations being paid to you at the same time.
Subsidize my Love - Subsidize 3 different allies at least 50% of their monthly income without running a deficit.

Take that Habsburgs! - As Hungary, Conquer all of Austria.
The White Elephant - As Ayutthaya conquers all provinces in Indochina region
The Buddhists strike back - As Ceylon conquer all of India and convert it to Theravada.
Better than Napoleon - As France, conquer Vienna, Berlin & Moscow.
Big Blue Blob - As France, hold 100 european core provinces before 1500.

A Full House - Have 3 Vassals & 2 Marches at the Same time.
Black Jack - Maintain 21 different overseas Subjects with more than 5 provinces each, without anyone having more than 50% Liberty Desire - Trade Companies does not count.
A Decent Reserve - Gain at least 1M Manpower.
The Six Nations - Form a federation of at least 6 nations as the Iroqious.
The Bohemians - Conquer and core Dublin as Bohemia.

Komenoi Empire - Make Trebizond into an Empire.
Lucky Lucca - As Lucca, own Lucknow!
A Fine Goosestep - Form Prussia and get 125% Discipline.
Meissner Porcelain - As Saxony own all chinaware provinces.
All Your Trade are Belong to Us! - Have highest tradepower in Genoa, Venice, & English Channel, while gaining 300 income per month.

Awesome! Thank you for my weekly fix :p
I was running on low steam yesterday...

Reactions:
I feel like with these changes that maybe the amount of AE you get in the HRE should be slightly toned down. I actually really like how hard it is to expand in it atm but it is pretty harsh and I felt like the reason it was ok was because of how strong imperial integrity was. Without that playing in HRE could potentially feel pretty thankless, especially given how few reforms the AI often passes.

Reactions:
Also yay for the achievements upon closer examination :D
Some really cool ideas and memes in there!

Colonial Management - Have 3 colonial governors directly appointed by you at the same time.

That is some way of new/returned subject interaction then i figure; right?

Reactions:
I have to say, I love the changes to Imperial Authority. I would make a Common Sense joke, but that's already been done, so I'll just post a link to what happens when the devs leave the forum unattended for a day: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...iction-megathread.855871/page-6#post-19316333 (and an oral version that was made before I wrote the whole thing up): https://soundcloud.com/andrew-pronschinske/wiz-and-johans-magical-adventure

Also, I think the achievements are hinting at a major change with colonial nations. And finally I get bragging rights for playing (and succeeding) as Trebizond (although, since the achievement is Komenoi Empire, is one of the prerequisites also having the Komnenoi as the ruling dynasty?)!

Last edited:
Reactions:
The HRE modification will make Austria interesting to play... i meen the Emperor. Makes more sens to go to war against outsiders and heretics

Reactions:
Just noticed the two Icons under the emperors CoA. These are new right? Any Hints to what they might stand for?

Reactions:
Sounds interesting. Very excited for the subject changes and the new interface, I assume appointing a colonial governor is related to that.

Reactions:
So I suppose there will be changes to Austria's "I'm the emperor - let me "liberate" imperial territory by gobbling up the whole thing, those peasants will vote for me anyway"-strategy?

Reactions:
Whats the icon under the imperial eagle? The white dove with the green cross? Emperor special action meybe? :)
The white dove with the green + is currently displayed under the IA number. Mousing over it shows the diplomatic actions the Emperor gets.
The crown is also currenlty displayed under the IA number and mousing over it shows the bonuses the Emperor gets.

Reactions: