• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 13th of March 2018

Good day all. We're a mere week away from 1.25 England Update going live and the Rule Britannia Immersion Pack setting sail with it. There's not much left to cover in our dev diaries, so today we will simply be covering the 10 Achievements which will be available in 1.25.

achievement_home_and_away.jpg
Home and Away
: As Wales hold Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Paris and London.

achievement_sun_invasion.jpg
Sun Invasion
: Own and have cores on Tepeacac, Mexico, Tullucan and Huastec as the Madyas.

achievement_sleepless_in_seattle.jpg
Sleepless in Seattle
: Have your capital in 2485 (Chehalis) and own 10 Coffee producing provinces.

achievement_philippine_tiger.jpg
Philippine Tiger
: Recreate the Chola Empire as Cebu.

achievement_empire_of_mann.jpg
Empire of Mann
: As Mann, conquer all Islands in the world.

achievement_dude_where_s_my_boat.jpg
Dude, Where’s my boat?
- Capture 20 boats with the Boarding Naval Doctrine

achievement_bright_spark.jpg
Bright Spark
: Have 50 Innovativeness

achievement_anglophile.jpg
Anglophile
: Complete all English and British Missions

achievement_industrial_powerhouse.jpg
Industrial Powerhouse
: Have 10 Furnaces built in your nation.

achievement_chop_chop.jpg
Chop Chop
- Have 6 different consorts with one monarch.

Next week we will likely be releasing our Dev Diary a day early, to share our full Patchnotes ahead of the March 20th Release. See you then!

Hmm, this is a fairly sparse Dev Diary from me, jarringly so. Let me bulk it out at the end for my own sanity by plugging that since it's Tuesday, we will be streaming Session 2 of the Rule Britannia Dev Clash. Decide who to root for by looking here:

Last edited:
The new mission system is somehow my personally most anticipated feature since the diplomatic macro builder. Can't wait! Also thx for the regular 10 am Dev Diaries Jake :)

Looks great! The Anglophile mission looks the most interesting with having to complete the whole English/British mission tree. Is Sleepless in Seattle a custom nation one only or possible with all nations by just moving the capital to Seattle?

Cheers for the DD DDRJake (and the Chola-tastic knowledge Trin Tragula!) :D. Looking forward to this, the Brits are my favourite nation to play for a 'chillax' game of EU4 (and by the look of it, the Isle of Mann looks to be a good option for a more challenging run :eek:).

Hmm, this is a fairly sparse Dev Diary from me, jarringly so.

At least mostly made up for with:

Sleepless in Seattle: Have your capital in 2485 (Chehalis) and own 10 Coffee producing provinces.

:)

Empire of Mann: As Mann, conquer all Islands in the world.

Nice, the second Mann was announced I was expecting an achievement like this.

To be honest, achievements disappointed me with the exception of Chop Chop. And I was waiting for the patch note :(

First things first , you could have done better with puns with this achievement package :p. Have you seen the pun-level of the latest HOI4 achievements?

With regards to this :
index.php
Sun Invasion
: Own and have cores on Tepeacac, Mexico, Tullucan and Huastec as the Madyas.

I understand that you have to have personal cores in these (not subject) in these, right? Interesting this is the first achievement that forces you to move your capital to the new world.

I think these are some of the funnier achievement titles. :)

I expected a bit more achievements, but those are mostly entertaining :)