EU4 - Development Diary - 12th of January 2021

EU4 - Development Diary - 12th of January 2021

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

laserhedvig

Recruit
Feb 4, 2021
Super cool! Hey, I'm an avid played of both CK3 and CS, and I'm also postdoc researcher who works on pre-history of the Pacific. Is there any chance you'd include more of Remote Oceania, or even all of Oceania? Popular media is already so fascinated with Polynesia, and New Caledonia, Solomons, Vanuatu etc tend to not get much love. Polynesia is already very hyped and sometimes fetished, especially in the US. It'd be fun to see more of Oceania represented for once :)

I know historians and people from the Pacific who may be able to contribute more information if you need.

Jag råkar också vara svensk, men jag antar att dom flesta devs inte är svenskar?

laserhedvig

Recruit
Feb 4, 2021
One of the reason part of the community is against the inclusion of pacific natives as playable states is due to their historical maritime inactivity in this period, how will this be addressed? It would be a bit immersion breaking to see Maori ships in SEA.
I am an academic working on the Pacific. I'm not sure I understand. We know that people in the Pacific maintaining long-distance sailing throughout history. I'm not sure exactly what time frame this expansion is working from, but I doubt there is that much of a lull.

Also, I play CK3 a lot and my immersion isn't broken when my Mongolian ruler in the Caucasus gets aid from her ally in southern India, even though I doubt that's very plausible historically. I don't play EU, but it doesn't strike me as that different.

Different folks different strokes, but I don't think this is a valid argument.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Vitor_Aro

Private
Feb 8, 2021
Is there any chance to add indigenous country in taiwan?
I think the Tsou tribe would be a nice catch

Reactions: