• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone. Today is a proud day for the whole team as we release into the wild our latest expansion Rights of Man, alongside the free 1.18 Prussia Patch.

Yesterday we unveiled the Patch notes for 1.18. Today we plan to have a pre-release stream with myself and Johan from 1400-1500, followed by the regularly scheduled EUIV Dev Multiplayer 1500-1700 CEST

A reminder for people still playing their 1.17.1 campaigns, you may wish to roll back your version on Steam since there may be unpredictable results from continuing your old save into v1.18. Instructions on how to do so are here

Since we've shown everything off in our dev diaries and feature streams, I will just leave you today with the (rather large) list of items available from today.

Rights of Man - $19,99
Rights of Man Content Pack - $5,99
Songs of Regency - $1,99
Evangelical Majors Unit Pack - Completely Free
Massive updates and fixes for the CK2->EU4 Converter
South American Female Advisor Portraits - Free for El Dorado owners

If everything goes without a hitch, we shall be deploying Rights of Man at 1500 CEST, just as we begin to slaughter each other in the EU4 Developer Multiplayer.

If you can hardly move with excitement, Rights of Man can be pre-ordered from our own store right here

I know that this has probably been asked, but will the catholic majors be available for those who didn't get it?

Also good morning PDX (or whatever time it is over there):)

Reactions:
I know that this has probably been asked, but will the catholic majors be available for those who didn't get it?

Also good morning PDX (or whatever time it is over there):)
Pretty sure it's around noon. And I too wonder if people who don't have the catholic majors will get them.

Reactions:
Pretty sure it's around noon. And I too wonder if people who don't have the catholic majors will get them.

It's actually 2 different things.

Evangelical Majors Unit pack - available today for free!
Catholic Majors Unit pack - was given for free to people who got a paradox account and synced their steam account a while back. This is still unavailable for anyone who didn't get it then. We are looking into making it available in some way or another. But for now, there is no timeline for that.

Reactions:
Reactions:
My apologies for disturbing, but for some reason, I've currently an option to activate RoM and its fellow DLCs on Paradox Account.
It's planned action or bug?

Reactions:
My apologies for disturbing, but for some reason, I've currently an option to activate RoM and its fellow DLCs on Paradox Account.
All that does is to have the expension and DLC's show up in your steam account. It almost certainly is WAD, since you can purchase it on steam already too. Pressing activate in your account won't make the expansion get installed.

They just told us that it'll be available at 3, Stockholm time (in ~90 minutes)

It's actually 2 different things.

Evangelical Majors Unit pack - available today for free!
Catholic Majors Unit pack - was given for free to people who got a paradox account and synced their steam account a while back. This is still unavailable for anyone who didn't get it then. We are looking into making it available in some way or another. But for now, there is no timeline for that.

I'm quite confused.
I have in the stream account (and in the "keys" section here) the "Europa Universalis IV: Evangelical Majors Unit Pack" . And I'm more than sure that I have it since a long time.

So you are saying that I missed the "catholic majors" and now you are re-releasing Evangelical ?

They just told us that it'll be available at 3, Stockholm time (in ~90 minutes)
My apologies, but I was asking why I've an option to activate it right now, before release. I'm living within Central European Time Zone.
Wagonlitz aswered me:
All that does is to have the expension and DLC's show up in your steam account. It almost certainly is WAD, since you can purchase it on steam already too. Pressing activate in your account won't make the expansion get installed.
Thank you, I'll remember this for another releases with preorder option.

I'm quite confused.
I have in the stream account (and in the "keys" section here) the "Europa Universalis IV: Evangelical Majors Unit Pack" . And I'm more than sure that I have it since a long time.

So you are saying that I missed the "catholic majors" and now you are re-releasing Evangelical ?
I think you are confusing it with the Evangelical League pack, which has been available for a long time; this is a new pack which nobody, but the devs have had until now.

So just over an hour to go? Hmm, bit late for me but I might still be able try out the new patch a bit tonight :)
Just over an hour, yes.

At the Steam-page of the Rights of Man-DLC, it states the following: "This game will unlock in approximately 4 hours.". It should say 1 hour, or is there something I'm missing here?

I think you are confusing it with the Evangelical League pack, which has been available for a long time; this is a new pack which nobody, but the devs have had until now.
No, I've the two standard DLC's along the third one
dlc1.PNG

dlc2.PNG

Reactions:
The Evangelical Majors Unit Pack in Steam is actually the Catholic Majors one, it's just misnamed (and has never been corrected). So it is the free DLC that's no longer available.

Reactions:
No, I've the two standard DLC's along the third one
View attachment 210973
View attachment 210974
Is that from steam?
If so then the bug probably shows up there too. As you will know the Catholic Majors pack wasn't supposed to have been given away and instead we should have been given the Evangelical Majors one. They messes up though and pushed out the Catholic one under the Evangelical name. In your paradox account the mistake is still seen in that the Catholic Majors keys you got back then is labeled Evangelical Majors. Guess that the labeling never was fixed on Steam either. Which might lead to confusion today when the Evangelical Majors pack actually release---though it might be called Catholic Majors internally just to prevent naming problems.

The Evangelical Majors Unit Pack in Steam is actually the Catholic Majors one, it's just misnamed (and has never been corrected). So it is the free DLC that's no longer available.

Oh does it make sense :)

Now the question is.. where I get the new one! :p (BTW the preordered keys are already there and i just activated on steam)