• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
oh steppe wolf....jeez Bulgaria was strong in that mod, fun but maaaaaaaaaaan Bulgaria lol. Musta been hard for him to make Basil the Bulgar Slayer as strong as he did.

We're looking at overhauling the mapmode interface for 1.14 to allow for more quick mapmodes etc.

One really useful mode would be a tailor-made one, I.e., ten levels/colors for ten different province triggers. But probably too complicated and only useful for mods.

There was an EU3 mod called Steppe Wolf that ran from 11 AD - 2100 AD and was about equally obsessed with Bulgaria and Rome. If you started it in 1944/45, the American-controlled parts of France would be called 'American Rome' because Rome never lost its cores.

Yes, I recall that one: there was like ten different tags for different Bulgarias...!

32 different Bulgarias actually. All with decisions to unify.

It was a rather silly mod, but fun in a 'so bad it's good' way.

Reactions:
Is it possible for a mod to make a province in more than one grouping? Fairly important for M&T to have that ability.

Reactions:
Hey Wiz while you're making Hordes more fun please fix Persia / Mughals tia <3

Seriously though the stuff that happened historically in the greater Persia area was precipiated heavily by the downfall of the two major powers present there in the 1444 start, so any change to how Hordes work is going to signficantly affect how events play out there. Please keep an eye on this!

Is it possible for a mod to make a province in more than one grouping? Fairly important for M&T to have that ability.

For the area/region/superregion system, no.

Can you give me an example of what you need it for? We could potentially add something like a custom_regions that works like old regions but don't show up ingame purely for scope usage, but I think in 99% of cases you can rework to use the new system since you have a lot of flexibility between the 4 types.

Reactions:
Is the region mapmode button now a cycle? For instance, click it once (area), again (region), again (super region)? Kind of a shame to chew up two or three buttons for near similar functionality.

Is the region mapmode button now a cycle? For instance, click it once (area), again (region), again (super region)? Kind of a shame to chew up two or three buttons for near similar functionality.

Not exactly, but if you click the map in region mapmode it'll break up the region you're clicking into areas.

Reactions:
Just curious, say that a colonial country broke free but couldn't tag switch (Let's use "French thirteen colonies") if they were to somehow conquer france, it would be called "French thirteen colonies France"?

Can you give me an example of what you need it for? We could potentially add something like a custom_regions that works like old regions but don't show up ingame purely for scope usage, but I think in 99% of cases you can rework to use the new system since you have a lot of flexibility between the 4 types.

That custom_regions would be great, even/especially if it doesn't show up ingame. I use certain regions for discovery at gamestart and for partially overlapping regions for provinces becoming inhabited over time. So really need them only for scope, not to be shown ingame.

Reactions:
Colored Wastelands
Finally, we have one last tidbit for you. Currently in EU4 there is a defines setting called COLOR_WASTELANDS that will make wasteland provinces appear the color of a country that completely surrounds them. In 1.14, we've made this a real graphics option (so it won't break ironman), and spruced it up quite a bit. If the setting is enabled (by default it will be on), controlling more than half the provinces adjoining a wasteland province will now both make that wasteland province your color, and allow your name to stretch over it, so that nice-looking Empire borders is no longer confined to parts of the map that don't have wastelands in the middle of them:
For over 10 years I've been waiting for something like this.

Loved it! The regional naming will boost immersion by many a percentage. And that Aztec screenshot inspired me...when this is out, looks like I'll be grabbing my macuahuiti and put on my quetzalapanecayotl.

5561.jpg

Yaoyotl!

In M&T for formables we have it require x number of provinces for example we have a Lotharingia Region which unsurprisingly we have for our Lotharingia formable. Said formable like with Lotharingia in real life straddles the modern states of Germany and France in quite a few place as well as the Netherlands. M&T could certainly use having the custom_regions you talked about for events and such were it would be positive to have the region hidden (with some kind of way to make it visible for example a command or a debug setting).

Reactions:
I'm surprised not many people are talking about this. Or the new button on the province interface next to development.

Most be horde unity? The lower it gets the more chance of a internal struggle for power? It probably increases when you expand and fight a lot. As time passes in Europe and wester powers grow far stronger than hordes, the hordes will stagnate like they did in real life and eventually fall apart and be eaten by a rising Muscovy or Novgorod.