• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So is it correct to assume that there will be no 1.13.2 patch, the next version instead being 1.14?

Unless some major issue pops up, yeah.

Will other wastelands next to a wasteland be counted as provinces towards the majority you need to control?

Yeah.

Will we be able rename our overseas areas? Such as Dutch Indonesia becoming VOC or something like that. Also, what will happen when I am France and my Egyptian provinces are connected to the homeland?

Not at this stage.

Reactions:
From a file/document point of view, will there be three separate files, one for areas, one for regions, and one for superregions? (Please then keep region.txt as one of the three.)

Or will it all be in region.txt and each "region" be categorised like e.g.,

great_britain = {
type = 1
234 235...
}

If the latter, please introduce a default that if type is not specified, then type = 1 is implied. Will reduce mod migration hazzles.

region.txt
area.txt
superregion.txt

Reactions:
Reactions:
Great changes! Does this mean that there will be two more map mode buttons?

I'm also hoping that that interface will get an overhaul and allow for the activation of different map modes at the same time (e.g. forts + political).

We're looking at overhauling the mapmode interface for 1.14 to allow for more quick mapmodes etc.

Reactions:
As of 1.14, EU4 now also has regional naming, but with a far superior system that uses the areas, regions and super regions. All territory a country owns that is disconnected from its capital will now follow these naming rules:

That's all for now! Tune in next Thursday for a little something about Ironman and mods...

Yes! Finally both two of my "over 1 year ago EUIV suggestions" are finally in game!!!!

Simply amazing. That's why I buy unit packs, because of these nice little additions to the game you're always adding. IDC about sprites, I'm all about making ''peaceful trade empires.''
Thanks PDX

Will there be any events corresponding with areas?

Say there was a gold rush for example and a area had a gold mine, would it be able to influence other parts of the area as well?

Just a idea.

- So i can now spread my empire's name across the map in a more consistent way? Nice!

- Steppe Horde's DLC incoming.

Yeah Wiz answering every question in the thread except the ones about this "not-legitimity" icon for Horde cannot be because he didn't see the question at this point. ;)

Unless some major issue pops up, yeah..

OK, too bad. I was kinda "hoping" that you had identified some peace resolution bug, the one affecting my TWELVE VULTURES mod. But it seems I'm the only one with that problem. So somehow I found (or created) the needle in the haystack.

Unless some major issue pops up, yeah.
You could fix Qing not being able to take the decision "Construct the Forbidden Palace" (Manchu can take it but Qing can't). It dates back to something like 1.04 and is a fix that would take 0.45 seconds and no testing.
I'd say it's major enough.;)

Seriously, though; I keep reporting it after every patch but to no avail.

Reactions:
Very nice changes.

'Russian Ottoman Empire' was one particularly silly permutation.

In Vic2 I once saw France lose Paris and apparently move their capital to their colonies (mind you, they still controlled most of continental France) leading to "French France" in Europe :D

Reactions:
You could fix Qing not being able to take the decision "Construct the Forbidden Palace" (Manchu can take it but Qing can't). It dates back to something like 1.04 and is a fix that would take 0.45 seconds and no testing.
I'd say it's major enough.;)

Seriously, though; I keep reporting it after every patch but to no avail.

Noted, will fix for 1.14.

Reactions:
Very nice changes.

In Vic2 I once saw France lose Paris and apparently move their capital to their colonies (mind you, they still controlled most of continental France) leading to "French France" in Europe :D

There was an EU3 mod called Steppe Wolf that ran from 11 AD - 2100 AD and was about equally obsessed with Bulgaria and Rome. If you started it in 1944/45, the American-controlled parts of France would be called 'American Rome' because Rome never lost its cores.

Reactions:
Wiz in another Developer Diary you said the patch will bring corrections and features to the Nation Designer,one of the efforts are to fix the the symbols of the flags don't showing in ships and province flags?