• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apparently, Wiz is avoiding answering the major potential spoiler there. :p
Incoming horde nerf :p

Wiz is probably avoiding the answer because it's a feature he's going to announce in a future dev diary ;)

Reactions:
So, now we have De Jure Dutchies, Kingdoms, and Empires?
In theory, yeah. In practice, no.

We really just have a three-tiered way to organize the world. I imagine it would be possible to mod areas as duchies, regions as kingdoms, and super regions as empires, but the duchy, kingdom, and empire names would need to also be appropriate on the map.

On the other hand, it might not be as simple and clean as areas, regions, and super regions since some Balkan kingdom might have the same amount (or even fewer) provinces than an English, French, or German duchy. Similarly, we would lost proportionality. Whereas areas are meant to have similar development levels, this might not be true for duchies.

AGod4k5.png
1 Really nice fixes... (green stuff)
2. Regional naming reminds me of EU3
4. Region map fixed yay! (will the old region mapmode be deleted?
5. Hordes changes are intersting...
5.1. Some kind of Khan Authority ( a legitimacy like stuff)
5.2. The button near the total development may be a development province destructor
( like looting or some stuff)
5.3 Is the pop ou (fire red flame) up in the screen is new or it is not? (EDIT: yeah it's disaster)
I think they are bringing back EU3 nomad mechanics...

Man i hope the nomad stuff will be free :( i bought all the current game stuff... ehhh i guess i can dream at least :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Great, so now France starts with all of
This sounds great, the changes are cosmetic but very welcome.

BTW @Wiz, what is this?

AnjGR1C.jpg

New steppe horde equivalent to Legitimacy? :eek:
It was to be expected really. It has been said (by Johan, I think) that the Devs want to make various government forms more diverse. I, for one, welcome our new steppe overlords, as long as they aren't as horrible as the EU3 Divine Wind version.
5.2. The button near the total development may be a development province destructor
( like looting or some stuff)
It might also be scorched earth.
5.3 Is the pop ou (fire red flame) up in the screen is new or it is not?
I think they are bringing back EU3 nomad mechanics...
Well, so far, they've been working on making the game better, not worse, so that seems unlikely.

I find it interesting that the nomad thingy starts at 99, which may indicate that it decreases over time.

Reactions:
Each province can only be part of one area, each area can only be part of one region, and each region can only be part of one super region. This means that the region mapmode has been made far easier to use, and you'll be able to instantly tell what exactly makes up the Russia region and what is and isn't part of 'Germany'. An Area mapmode has also been added.
rFYnjxl.png

So Scotland is cut in half, which is nice, does this mean we might see some change in the Highlands? I feel like I ask this question to often, but it has piqued my interests.

The disaster warning was added in game a few patches ago, it could be Peasant's War or Tribal Succession or anything, really.

It is maby just a bug because at the start of the game 11 november 1444 the only Golden Horde disaster that can happend is Civil war and one of the conditions is less than 50 legitimacy and the horde has no more legitimacy... or I am just wrong :p

Reactions:
It is maby just a bug because at the start of the game 11 november 1444 the only Golden Horde disaster that can happend is Civil war and one of the conditions is less than 50 legitimacy and the horde has no more legitimacy... or I am just wrong :p
It could possibly a new disaster for the new Horde Mechanism. Maybe you have a rivaling clan since you're less than 100 of the Horde mechanic or something.

Reactions: