• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
'Scandinavia' is a bit clunky too, maybe you should change it to 'Denmark'?

Nah, but I can change 'Denmark' to 'Miserable Chunk of Limestone'

:p

Reactions:
Very nice update.
Will Colonial and Trade regions be reworked to correspond with the new areas as well? It can be difficult to determine where is what now, for example when you get a mission to "establish a colony in North America"... is it trade area, or region, or colonial region, or where...

Reactions:
hm... so am I correct in thinking the "theme" of this patch is "player goal and accomplishment feedback"? Last week it was refining the scoring system, this week it's making your empire look snazzier on the world map... moving forwards, I would not be surprised to see changes to how achievements and other "goals" are handled.

Of course, I could be horribly wrong about this.

Either way, loving the changes so far! Keep it up, my paradoxal chums! :D

I thought that this was the MAP UPDATE?

I really hope you don't release this patch before fixing the name of the area you've called 'Khazakstan'. Having the associated culture spelled similarly wrong for so long was quite enough for me. Speaking of which, will Yoruba finally be spelled correctly in this patch?

Reactions:
Can we have a beta version of this so that us map modders can have an update ready for the launch of 1.14?

Reactions:
Colored Wastelands! Yay!

Ps. Will it be possible to rename regions or super regions if you control all provinces in it?
Ps 2.0: Will there be new Designer religions such as Hellenic in the future?
And what about Designer cultures, such as Roman or Norse?

Last edited:
Reactions:
With coloured wastelands now becoming a non-ironman breaking feature, can we see the same treatment applied to country colours, in the near future? Having the settings that define country colours in a seperate folder that isnt checksum dependent maybe

Much love for the new region naming things too!

Reactions:
We don't have a plan for anything like this atm but there's definitely a lot of interesting things you could do with areas and regions.

So do the improved RNW tiles have pre-made areas?

Reactions:
Could you make it easier to see what provinces you need for decisions and missions, because currently you need to mouse over the question mark and then search each name to find what provinces you need. what would be better is the ability to click the question mark and it highlight the provinces needed.

Reactions:
Nah, but I can change 'Denmark' to 'Miserable Chunk of Limestone'

:p

Holy shit, Wiz using an emoji. The End is nigh. Repent all thou who have sinned.

Heh, anyway, jokes aside, this does look great. I have one question/semi-request (I guess?). In vicky 2, if you vassalized a country, your name was displayed over it and its name didn't show up. That helped, for example, have a large, unified "British India" above India despite there being a bunch of dependant vassal Indian states under british rule there. Can such an option be implemented in eu4?

Reactions:
I'm not sure if I read the screenshots correctly but it looks like India is split into super regions. Does that not mean we can have "British India"?

This looks nice. May be disappointing for people who expected weekly DevDiaries to be at the same level of importance as pre-expansion DevDiaries, but we understand. Immersion is important.

("Aztec OP" expansion confirmed)
This Aztecs can be strong after conversion from CK2 with Sunset Ivasion DLC.

I'm not sure if I read the screenshots correctly but it looks like India is split into super regions. Does that not mean we can have "British India"?

India is a super region. The screenshots in the first post show areas and regions but not super regions.

Reactions:
Really like this!

When colonising with a country, if your country has more than one culture in it like Great Britain, would it be possible to make the colony have a random culture from within your country? So in a British colony, in one province the culture might be Scottish, and the neighbouring province English? Since when colonies were made the people came from all over that country and not just the culture of the capital.

Reactions: