• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really hope Ireland isn't labelled as 'Britain' in the final version...

Britain would refer to the whole British Isles region of which Ireland is undeniably a part.

On another note I can definitely see this causing some confusion with achievements. For example sweden is not OP will presumably not be gained by controlling all the coastal provinces in the baltic region. That is not nearly enough.

Reactions:
Havn't played Hordes in a while, can someone confirm/deny whenever they have a diffrent symbol for Legitimacy?

It is definetely new thingy, unless they just changed symbol :p

Britain would refer to the whole British Isles region of which Ireland is undeniably a part.

On another note I can definitely see this causing some confusion with achievements. For example sweden is not OP will presumably not be gained by controlling all the coastal provinces in the baltic region. That is not nearly enough.

Achievements and achievement descriptions will be updated appropriately.

Reactions:
This sounds great, the changes are cosmetic but very welcome.

BTW @Wiz, what is this?

AnjGR1C.jpg

New steppe horde equivalent to Legitimacy? :eek:

Reactions:
Right, but it doesn't say 'British Isles', it says 'Britain', of which Ireland is undeniably not a part.

'British Isles' is too clunky, 'French British Isles'... region/area names will generally be shortened even where it makes them less accurate.

Reactions:
Will missions and events be based on regions or areas so for example if you control part of Egypt will it encourage you to take the rest? Something like this would be great.

Reactions:
Great changes on the regions. My most missed feature from EU3 is back and much improved!

And do the sly hints on the interface Wiz showed us mean we're getting some big attention for hordes next dlc? Because that'd be seriously awesome!

Reactions:
That picture is not entirely final.

Labourd should be of Gascon culture actually - IRL Navarra is landlocked, but the ingame province has a small area across the Pyrenees where its port is, which incidentally is the Basque speaking part of France and includes the historical Labourd. The ingame Labourd province should better be renamed to Landes or something, keeping Bayonne as a capital which was always a bilingual in Gascon/Basque, as there is no other important city in the area.

The region system looks good, I think it can be used in a zillion ways that can make the game better, eg fabricating claims over a whole area instead of 1 province or at least being able to fabricate in all provinces of an adjoining area even you don't border some of said provinces, faster (perhaps also cheaper) coring the more core provinces you own in an area/region, consolidating missions and AI aids, +mercantilism/production events for fully owning a region etc etc

Reactions:
Will continents (for determining overseas penalties) now follow the super regions, or still use the old divisions? Will they be visible in any mapmode?

Continents are still the same, and aren't used for naming.

There will be super region and continent mapmodes, they're not in yet though.

Reactions:
'British Isles' is too clunky, 'French British Isles'... region/area names will generally be shortened even where it makes them less accurate.

'Scandinavia' is a bit clunky too, maybe you should change it to 'Denmark'?

More seriously though, 'Isles' would work with your regional naming, since it's pretty much how the term 'British Isles' came back into usage after the English/British controlled it all.

Reactions: