• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, make it so that if Pub Crawlers and Pub Owners in Ireland own no land, then Ireland gets a +100% boost to infantry combat ability, +20% discipline, and -50% morale.

Reactions:
I have a feeling this will just be a lot of extra micromanagement....

Reactions:
What's micromanagement for one is fun for another, I wish war was less micromanagement heavy.

What's micromanagement for one is fun for another, I wish war was less micromanagement heavy.
While there are degrees, I think micromanagement could be defined objectively. What people disagree on is whether there is too much of it compared to the fun factor.

And yes, I agree that some of the war mechanics are too micro-heavy. Especially movement where if you don't use pause you lose out on a lot of tactics.

I don't think it will be. There is a cooldown period before you can take provinces away from estates. If anything, after you finish a war you're going to pause the game, see which estates need more provinces, assign them some, and then unpause and go back to your regular stuff until the next war.

Micromanagement really isn't a problem so long as it's intuitive, and comes natural, but when it rewards memorizing specific the numbers behind specific modifiers is when it's nor working as it should.

Is it possible to assign an Estate to control your capital? And if so, does it mean it will have autonomy?
Also, there will be modifiers to the base autonomy of 25% in a province under control of an Estate? I hope so, it seems to me like it's a good modifier to improve some idea groups.

With the change of autonomy being multiplicative, is giving provinces to estates really worth it?

I think you need to, the estates demand a certain development based on the total of your nation to be assigned to them... sucks but adds some realism
That's why it is important to have a way to decrease that 25%! I hope we get that eventually

Some estates do. Not all. But what bad stuff can happen if we don't give them stuff?

I think it's just the cossacks that don't require any land, I believe Jake said that on one of the Devs Multiplayer Stream.
If they don't get what they want they become disloyal and generate the opposite modifier, like instead of +15% National tax it gives -15%... I think... dunno for sure...

Does this system allow emulation of the "warrior monks of mount hiei" and their subsequent asskicking?

It's something we're discussing but have yet to implement.

This is a great idea Gball, factions should be able to place demands/missions on the regent. A failure to meet these demands/missions would result in a dissatisfied faction. The stronger the faction the more ambitious demands/missions (from the factions view). This would be a great way for the interaction with faction to not just be click a button to increase/decrease support/revoltrisk and would make factions have a great impact on gameplay as it would make goals for the regent that will never totally align with the regent own goals.

Note with regent I mean the king, not a regency, not sure if its the correct word.

I always love it when Victoria is mentioned in any context but to see you implementing Victoria-style depth into a current developing game is wonderful! Soon gonna start my first experience with this new mechanic. Cant wait! And cant wait for Victoria 3 !!! Please release it soon. :)

Reactions: