• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not bad.
Will naming estates via modding provoke the checksum and make you unable to play Ironman and get achievements?

How will this interact with factions that Ming and Merchant Repubics have?

Reactions:
Do the orangists and the statists in the Netherlands gain an estate, beside the slider of the goverment?
And if this is true will the previous mechanic be removed/changed?

Reactions:
Nice one!

Though a question, will the current faction mechanic (for both Merchant Republic and Ming) stay as it currently is or will there some adjustment?
I hope the estate mechanic replace the faction mechanic (because I think this estate mechanic is a superior one) but I'll be fine even if it isn't...

Reactions:
I think the Estates feature shows potential, especially if it is linked to other features and becomes a real "internal politics" thing. For example, shouldnt the forget of the burgeoise Estate led to something like the French Revolution (if it happens after a certain date, or after you have gotten a certain tech level) and not just the split of the country in city states?

PS. By the way, what will happen with Parlamients? Dont they become redundant?

Reactions:
It is better than what I expected! This is why I love Paradox!

Will we be in need to call diet to wage war or do something else? I mean, without bonus from estates, doing nation-scale strategy will be hard to do?

Reactions:
Seems pretty damn solid. Hopefully next week's dev diary will be about fixing the broken cultural acceptance/changing culture mechanics. If you combine this with opening up development to modding you'd have fixed my most major issues with the game.

Reactions:
About time! Tying it to control over development also seems like a pretty smart move, one can simulate an estate's control over land in this matter.

Muslim countries will get a special called Dhimmi that represents something like the Millet system practiced in the Ottoman Empire.

I should point out here that the millet "system" as defined in older histories (and wikipedia) has since 1982 been proven to be a historical myth which projects the nineteenth century organization of Ottoman minorities backwards into the Early Modern period.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Good work, its been a long wait for this fundamental design shift but it had to occur for the game to make more sense in the earlier scenarios.

Reactions:
so... Factions 2.0? Please let the interactions not just be "throw points at the problem until it goes away"

This will not happen.

Reactions:
Eastern technology group countries that control Steppe territory will get Cossacks as an Estate
- so if eastern tech country that control steppes will westernize cossacks would auto-abolish or turn in nobility/burghers?

Muslim countries will get a special called Dhimmi that represents something like the Millet system practiced in the Ottoman Empire.
- all muslims without tech group and geographical restrictions?

called 'Ulema'.
- will you update accordingly some of the old events that mentioned certain concerned and demanding estates?

No nobility for England? Then we can't see nobless oblige of English nobles in the game..

Agreed. It seems a bit weird. I think they are going to let Parlamients just for "constitutional" or similar kind of goverments and Estates for the rest. I think both mechanics should be merged, but with the difference that Parlaminents should have different "Estates" than non constitutional countries and you should get "missions" from the Parliament (representing a more or less democratic and constitutional nature of the country that has a Parlaiment instead of Estates)

Reactions:
Which bonus will burgeoise give if one has no CS, instead of development?
And, as someone asked already, having absolute monarchy will change something with nobles faction? Like, the minimum autonomy?

Reactions: