• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope this means more interaction with the clergy for Coptic and Orthodox countries.

And, if Sweden gets a "peasants" estate, maybe getting one if you're another country undergoing a peasant war could be nice.

Reactions:
Also, will this feature replace the Polish DHE about the aristocracy gaining too much power?

Reactions:
DO indian countries get their castes? There are a lot of indian countries and it would be wierd if they didn't.

Reactions:
Ho will the Estates interact with already existing systems:

Will advanced governments (namely Absolute Monarchy/Enlightened Despotism) curb the power of the estates, considering that they were highly centralized governments than the basically feudal systems in place in 1445?

Will a powerful Burgeoisie increase the ticks for the Revolution disaster? Because that's what happened in 1789.

Will Prussia have Junkers?

Will the Estates be available for Republice government types? One problem I have with most non-revolutionary Republics (especially the Merchant Republic) in the game is that they can blob into rural areas were there should be a rather strong nobility without suffering any penalties.

Reactions:
Reactions:
What happens to Celestial Empire?

Keeps faction system, does not get estates.

Merchant Republics lose their factions if the new expansion is enabled and get estates instead.

Reactions:
Will advanced governments (namely Absolute Monarchy/Enlightened Despotism) curb the power of the estates, considering that they were highly centralized governments than the basically feudal systems in place in 1445?

This would be interesting. I think EU IV doesn't do enough with events and mechanics to represent the differences in several forms of government.

Reactions:
- so if eastern tech country that control steppes will westernize cossacks would auto-abolish or turn in nobility/burghers?

- all muslims without tech group and geographical restrictions?

- will you update accordingly some of the old events that mentioned certain concerned and demanding estates?

- Cossacks disappear if you Westernize.

- All non-Westernized muslims.

- Likely.

Reactions:
Ho will the Estates interact with already existing systems:

Will a powerful Burgeoisie increase the ticks for the Revolution disaster? Because that's what happened in 1789.

Will Prussia have Junkers?

Will the Estates be available for Republice government types? One problem I have with most non-revolutionary Republics (especially the Merchant Republic) in the game is that they can blob into rural areas were there should be a rather strong nobility without suffering any penalties.

We will try to hook it into existing systems as much as can be done without becoming unwieldy.

Reactions:
Wonderful feature. Love the moddability too.

Will Sweden have Peasants as 4th estate?

Ditto for Denmark. Even though the burghers was usually the preferred ally of the king, some late-medieval kings did try to gain popularity with the peasantry. And obviously, by the time the enlightenment-era comes around, they should rise in power substantially (if certain reforms are enacted (in countries without serfdom)).

Reactions:
Merchant Republics lose their factions if the new expansion is enabled and get estates instead.

Do they still retain the events associated to factions that came with the Wealth of Nations DLC?

Reactions:
Estates are for nearly all countries, countries with Parliaments do not have the Nobility estate though.

No Sejm then?
:(

Reactions:
Why would you want to give any land to the clergy with those stats?

They are disloyal in that screenshot. Giving them land would make them more loyal and change to positive modifiers, but also make them even worse if they become disloyal again. It's a balancing act.

Reactions:
One thing I'm wondering, what can enable/disable estates mod-wise?

Tech groups, religions, governments, province types all seem to be able to, so would I be correct in assuming modifiers could as well?

Will merchant republics have more interesting estates system than other's or not?

The DLC that introduced factions for merchants republics (I don't remember if it were Wealth of Nations or Res Publica) also added a lot of events associated to factions in Merchant Republics. I'd be very disappointed if those were removed, they give a lot of flavour.

Reactions: