• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am really excited to these changes and updates. I am also very excited for the Cossack patch. I wonder if any of the fantasy scenario's will have horses or an animal close enough to them (like the extinct Yukon Horse or Mexican Horse) having not gone extinct and already existing on North America and thus the possibility of a Mounted New World civilization?

Reactions:
Earlier in this thread I wrote a thank you post to Paradox. I would like to recant my thank you, and give fair warning to anyone who's thinking of playing a "random" new world map - Don't.

EVERY LANDMASS IS A PRE-MADE TILE WITH NO VARIATION. Nothing is actually generated. The tiles are 100% identical from game to game. Tiles are not "put together" to form greater landmasses, coasts are not dynamically generated, and you actually end up with less exploration potential than you had with the old system. Based on what I had read here, I expected the tiles to serve as the "base" of the continent (in most cases besides those pre-made "fun" ones like the paradox logo) and put multiple ones together in order to create larger landmasses. I expected it to generate the coasts around the tiles after doing this so they looked natural which is what I thought they were talking about when they went on about how with the new system it can place estuaries etc. more naturally ((they all seem to be in the same place from game to game too))

Did I forget to mention that of the mere 90 or so tiles most of them are just a bunch of tiny islands?

Large bodies are not even made up of multiple tiles. So what you end up with is the same 2-3 continents over and over again (in the rare case you don't just get a few islands) just in slightly different positions. Even if there were 10,000 continent tiles alone (I've counted 5 so far in over 40 rolls) you would still get repeating content after a few games. This is downright HORRIBLE and a far cry from the dynamic system I expected when reading this.

Bottom line - This is not a random world generator in any sense. There is nothing generated and nothing random.

Reactions:
Earlier in this thread I wrote a thank you post to Paradox. I would like to recant my thank you, and give fair warning to anyone who's thinking of playing a "random" new world map - Don't.

EVERY LANDMASS IS A PRE-MADE TILE WITH NO VARIATION. Nothing is actually generated. The tiles are 100% identical from game to game. Tiles are not "put together" to form greater landmasses, coasts are not dynamically generated, and you actually end up with less exploration potential than you had with the old system. Based on what I had read here, I expected the tiles to serve as the "base" of the continent (in most cases besides those pre-made "fun" ones like the paradox logo) and put multiple ones together in order to create larger landmasses. I expected it to generate the coasts around the tiles after doing this so they looked natural which is what I thought they were talking about when they went on about how with the new system it can place estuaries etc. more naturally ((they all seem to be in the same place from game to game too))

Did I forget to mention that of the mere 90 or so tiles most of them are just a bunch of tiny islands?

Large bodies are not even made up of multiple tiles. So what you end up with is the same 2-3 continents over and over again (in the rare case you don't just get a few islands) just in slightly different positions. Even if there were 10,000 continent tiles alone (I've counted 5 so far in over 40 rolls) you would still get repeating content after a few games. This is downright HORRIBLE and a far cry from the dynamic system I expected when reading this.

Bottom line - This is not a random world generator in any sense. There is nothing generated and nothing random.

i hope they add more tiles over time or something like that...

Last edited:
Region Exclave names aren't being disabled.
I know exactly where the option is, yet when I choose 'No' it does nothing and I still have 'British-France' instead of 'Great Britain'. Do you know what I can do to solve this problem because I really love this game; I have played it for over 213 hours which is more than all of my other games combined. Please tell me if you've figured this out, I can't think of anything else to do.

Region Exclave names aren't being disabled.
I know exactly where the option is, yet when I choose 'No' it does nothing and I still have 'British-France' instead of 'Great Britain'. Do you know what I can do to solve this problem because I really love this game; I have played it for over 213 hours which is more than all of my other games combined. Please tell me if you've figured this out, I can't think of anything else to do.
Looks like a bug - have now filed it in our internal database.

Reactions: