• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So it's purely about making the multiplayer game fair?... In a game with uneven starts? Not that I really care I've never played multiplayer.

True dat.

It's not about the winning side ruining the country, instead it is about the losing side giving up and doing bad mannered / hasty decisions using the mechanics available.

Reactions:
As a final bonus, here's a screenshot of the in-game Achievement Browser, which was covered (but not screenshotted, as the art for it was not done) in an earlier DD. When playing a game where achievements are enabled, it lets you view all achievements you are eligible for, and your progress towards completing them.

I like that it shows achievements you are eligible for instead of the whole list--unless by "eligible" you mean "achievements you haven't gotten yet". Are there any notifications (popup/popup and pause) if you become ineligible for an achievement? Is the list sortable (by name, by progress)?

Whatever they did to Hansa, it has to be a free feature, since all further dev diaries will be about free features. Maybe they created some mini-HRE mechanics for the hansa, but I can't imagine them being in the free patch. But I also can't imagine that they just removed hansa... Oh almighty Wiz please say something on this topic....

x934EMN.jpg

(Please don't sue me...)

Reactions:
I have to tell, I usually wait fro DLCs to be no sale because mostly I think they are ripoffs. But the Cossacs seems to be a great one, not because the groundshaking new mechanics but because it has many-many little add-ons that make the game more comfortable, playable and user-friendly.

My big take away is that France got it's knees destroyed by the Nerf bat. Cool.

You're absolutely right. They get 15% less tax in 4 of their provincess, so they're basically on par with Nagaur now.

Reactions:
Just to be sure: cultural union is now a triggered modifier, right? So there will be no more "cultural_union = hindusthani" (example) that's possible to be added to a mission/decision, and the only thing moddable in the code will be the dev/rank needed.

So, it won't be possible to mod the triggered modifier to require control of certain cities historically relevant to the culture group ("control Beijing to be the Chinese union"), or make the modifier give you a union depending not of your primary culture but of the culture group with most development in your realm ("Dai Viet controls most of China so they're now a Chinese union") instead. Is that correct?

EDIT-- Also, can the cultural union triggered modifier be used for modding? Say, "be the Latin union to form Italy"?
EDIT2-- And how will this work for the Papal States? They can't become an Empire, so forming the Kingdom of God was their only way to become an union.

Reactions:
Dumb question, but why is the cultural group for the Italian peninsula called the "Latin" cultural group, rather than "Italian"? Is it to avoid offending the Maltese?

You're absolutely right. They get 15% less tax in 4 of their provincess, so they're basically on par with Nagaur now.
Still, we might actually see nationalist rebels in France if you push it enough.

Apologies if been asked but I'm guessing on empire rank you obtain the cultural Union for the parent culture group of your own?

I've had empires where the dominant culture is not my own, but I presume you don't get the Union for these?

The other German cultures won't be accepted, they'll get the lesser penalties for non-accepted cultures within the same group. Getting the CU is basically the only benefit of forming Germany as it stands, decoupling the CU from the tag makes it absolutely pointless. And as with any formable, most "prominent" nations have special events that won't trigger if they form a new country. Also Germany's colour is pretty atrocious and you won't even get its glorious revolutionary flag.
Forming Germany gives you Empire rank. So you would still get the CU.

. . . wait a minute, I'm confused. Does France still start out as a cultural union despite not being an empire nor have 1000 development? Does this mean that union decisions still work as cultural unifiers and that the system has merely been decoupled so as to allow for exotic cases, where no union tag exists and/or to allow more freedom?

Reactions: