• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From what I see:
Buffed: Ethiopia, Ottomans
Nerfed: France, Italy, Ruthenia, Persia, Scandinavia, Mughals, Malaya, Spain
Russia and Germany stay the same, forming Hindustan/Bharat actually takes your culture group into account.

Reactions:
So what's the point of forming Germany if you're Prussia, own the German region and already have Empire rank? 25 Prestige and getting kicked out of the Holy Roman Empire? Doesn't sound very appealing.

How do you reach Empire rank while still being a part of the HRE?

Making Empire rank and actually becoming a cultural union sounds like a pretty strong incentive to me.

Reactions:
How do you reach Empire rank while still being a part of the HRE?

Making Empire rank and actually becoming a cultural union sounds like a pretty strong incentive to me.
You're right, that's not possible.

So pretty much nothing changes for Germany, I'll take that back.

Reactions:
Cheers for the DD Wiz :). Cultural Unions being a standard mechanic sounds like a good way of making things more sandboxy, and the trade goods percentage thing is also a nice quality of life improvement. Had a giggle at the prevent nation ruining option for MP, but know where that's coming from and suspect it will save more than a few MP games from degrading. Looking forward to The Cossacks coming out :).

Edit: Had originally written I was looking forward to Common Sense releasing. Clearly I seem to be lacking some, so buying it twice wouldn't necessarily be out of the question!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Awesome sounding stuff!

Especially the cultural union mechanic which makes me think of this.

2961846.jpg

Reactions:
Colonial Trade Goods Rework (Free Feature)
[...]
A nice QoL change.
Do we also get an option to disable the 'Colony Trade Good' messages**? I can't seem to find that option.

Cultural Unions (Free Feature)
[...]
It might feel more 'sandbox' now, but it makes more sense [railroaded history fans take a deep breath].

Prevent Nation Ruining (Free Feature)
[...]
I didn't realize MP games were becoming such a cruel and nerve wrecking experience.

Achievement Browser (Free Feature)
[...]
This is a really great QoL improvement which might even extend players to play campaigns into late-game time frames; there were many times when I finished something and was looking for a new goal.

**YES!! I can have too much grain!

Reactions:
Yeah, of course.
- are you going to buff former formable CU tags in the future? Because now majority of formable tags kind of lost part of their appeal outside of historical flavor ( or nationalism for some peeps ) and eternal claims... And only a bunch of formables have more content than just a flag/name/colour/NI's change and claims.

Reactions:
Would it be possible to add a feature where you can disable that achievement for the achievement overview? For example a tick box in the corner that makes that achievement minimize to just the name. That way you could use it to keep track of the achievements you WANT to go for in that run without having to work your way through the ones you do not want to go for.

Reactions:
From what I see:
It's not really a meaningful buff to the Ottomans; it's not like Turkmen or Azerbaijani are particularly large cultures.

Reactions:
The French Emperor of the HRE is unhappy because he can't become an Empire.

More love for France and Spain please don't nerf them to the ground they need to stay scary.

Other changes are nice.

Vive La France

The French Emperor of the HRE is unhappy because he can't become an Empire.
Hard to claim to be the union of all the French when you're proclaiming yourself to be King of the Germans :)

Reactions:
Can one country be the Cultural Union for more than one culture group? Say Venice, if successful in Italy and the Balkans, could be the union for the Italian and south Slavic culture groups?

Reactions:
From what I see:
Nerfed: France, Italy, Ruthenia, Persia, Scandinavia, Mughals, Malaya, Spain
Russia and Germany stay the same, forming Hindustan/Bharat actually takes your culture group into account.

Mughals are currently not a cultural union IIRC so this is actually a fairly significant buff for them. If forming from Timurids you can culture shift to Persian to get all their subcultures as accepted, or you can take the later decision to move capital which makes you Kanauji to get accepted cultures in North India. You get Empire rank instantly on formation.

Persia gets emperor rank very soon after formation via a DHE if you stay at +1 stab and convert provinces so it's only a small change for them.

Also a great change for Manchu / Qing.

I like this change a lot in general, for any culture without a formable union tag previously it's obviously great.

Hard to claim to be the union of all the French when you're proclaiming yourself to be King of the Germans :)

Charlemagne didn't seem to have any problem as a Frank to call himself King of the Germans :)

Also @Wiz, are you ignoring anyone who mentions the Hansa?
I'm desperate to know what's going on with them.

Reactions:
Hello everyone and welcome back to yet another development diary for Europa Universalis 4. Today we'll be talking about some free features and changes coming in the 1.14 patch that will be accompanying the Cossacks expansion.

Colonial Trade Goods Rework (Free Feature)

Cultural Unions (Free Feature)

Prevent Nation Ruining (Free Feature)

Good changes overall. Good work EU4 dev. team :)

Reactions: