• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope adding new trade goods won't be too difficult with the new formula? Or will adding a new trade good automatically change the values for all other existing trade goods?

Not sure what to think about the cultural unions change. I guess forming countries like Germany or Italy will still have their benefits like free Empire rank or instant cultural union, but I feel it makes them less unique than a 1000 Development Prussia or so. Not sure how much strong claims will make it more worthwhile then.
Also, if I play as Holstein and only expand into Scandinavia, from there into the Baltics and Russia, then into Poland and Ruthenia, amassing around 1000 Development that way, why would I become a Germanic cultural union if I didn't take any territory there? Shouldn't there be something as well to have it make sense for you to become a union?

Reactions:
For the achievement screen: will it also show achievements I already obtained in previous games? (e.g. will I have there the royal marriage in every game I start already ticked off?)

Reactions:
Looking great as usual, the number of games I'm holding off till the expansion keeps growing...

Cultural union change makes thing really more logical, and the colonial trade goods system will make things a bit less frustrating when colonizing (hunting those salt provinces in Siberia...).

And less than two weeks before release \o/

Aren't any cultures only part of one group? My understanding was that you get the CU over cultures in your native culture group.

(Which is why Qing will love this change)
Question is what if Qing with Chinese culture and Ming with Chinese culture exists at once, and empires both?
Also what happens if empire changes it's culture to another group?

Reactions:
@Wiz, could you also lose the Cultural Union status, if you become weak enough and/or by event? (would love that for modding)

Reactions:
Question is what if Qing with Chinese culture and Ming with Chinese culture exists at once, and empires both?
Also what happens if empire changes it's culture to another group?
Good questions, but I would imagine that it simply changes at the monthly tick.

- Is in culture group "Chinese"
- Is empire rank. (Has 1000 dev)
Set "cultural union" to native culture to true

If it's programmed properly it should simply just correct itself if "Chinese" is replaced with "German" or "Scandinavian" or if you lose development. Don't know what would make Qing lose rank.

I will like this change because I can get the CU as Denmark without having to form Scandinavia xD

---

Another question would be: What if another culture group makes up the majority of your development, say if Byzantium conquered all of Turkish Ottomans before the Greek.

--

Reactions:
Cool! Do you get any newer advantages from creating "classical" cultural union tags, such as Italy or Germany?

No, the old cultural union system is entirely replaced.

Firstly, half the achievements in that screenshot have the wrong image.

Secondly, the new cultural union idea is interesting, but does it mean France no longer starts as a union since I don't believe it's empire rank?

You're right, will fix the images and update the OP.

Right, France is not a union in 1444.

Reactions:
Good questions, but I would imagine that it simply changes at the monthly tick.

- Is in culture group "Chinese"
- Is empire rank. (Has 1000 dev)
Set "cultural union" to native culture to true

If it's programmed properly it should simply just correct itself if "Chinese" is replaced with "German" or "Scandinavian" or if you lose development. Don't know what would make Qing lose rank.

I will like this change because I can get the CU as Denmark without having to form Scandinavia xD

---

Another question would be: What if another culture group makes up the majority of your development, say if Byzantium conquered all of Turkish Ottomans before the Greek.

--

It also basically removes the incentive to ever form Scandinavia, though?

Reactions:
Also, does this means that all culture groups can potentially have more than one CU tag?

It's not really tag based anymore... but yes, there can be multiple countries with the same culture group that all count as a culture union.

Reactions:
So with the new union mechanic... We can finally have a cultural union for the Magyar group. It's about time.

Reactions:
For the achievement screen: will it also show achievements I already obtained in previous games? (e.g. will I have there the royal marriage in every game I start already ticked off?)

It shows achievements you either completed in that campaign or can complete in that campaign. Previously completed ones are not shown.

Reactions: