• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nerfed: Mughals

I don't quite see why the Mughals would be nerfed. A) Mughals have never been a CU B) the decision the form the Mughals makes you an Empire. It may not be the strongest CU, but any CU is better than not being a CU.

But I don't get that nerf to Germany, it is already one of the more pointless formables (because realistically, if you own all those provinces you need to form it you won't get that many free claims), now you won't even get the cultural union. Because realistically, if you're on your way to form Germany you disband the HRE asap and will quickly pass 1000 development-

I don't quite see why the Mughals would be nerfed. A) Mughals have never been a CU B) the decision the form the Mughals makes you an Empire. It may not be the strongest CU, but any CU is better than not being a CU.

But I don't get that nerf to Germany, it is already one of the more pointless formables (because realistically, if you own all those provinces you need to form it you won't get that many free claims), now you won't even get the cultural union. Because realistically, if you're on your way to form Germany you disband the HRE asap and will quickly pass 1000 development-
I had thought forming Mughals made you Hindustani cultural union. Forming Germany makes you an Empire so it actually stays a cultural union.

Not sure what to think of the change to cultural unions yet. It's probably mostly a good thing, but I wonder how certain form decisions are affected. Will Great Britain be an empire? What about Malaya? Will there be any incentive to form Scandinavia anymore if they don't get empire rank (which I assume they don't)? Will forming Hindustan/Bharat change your primary culture, or will the decision effectively work more like it used to? I also agree with some of the concerns about the cultural union potentially having little to do with the actual lands you control.

On an unrelated note, the one thing I'm sad to see we're not getting from the looks of it is being able to choose what culture you colonize with. It would've made sense given the changes to culture conversion and native policies. Oh well.

Reactions:
Colonial trade goods rework and cultural unions are a great feature. Though I don't care about the other two features at all. I don't play MP and I rarely care about achievements. I hope this new in-game achievement window is hidden away in the options menu rather than clutter my main game screen with another useless button.

Reactions:
I had thought forming Mughals made you Hindustani cultural union. Forming Germany makes you an Empire so it actually stays a cultural union.

But realistically, I already am a Empire if I'm in the position to form Germany. Depending on the situation, I may not want the Centralization modifier (because an Empire really does not need more money, especially not if it holds the Hanseatic Cities). and Germany's colour is still pretty atrocious.

And considering that you have to jump through quite a lot of hoops to form Germany compared to most other formables ( I think there is no other formable excluding re-formations that has that many requirements), that's just not worth the effort.

Colonial Prussia here I come.

Reactions:
Updated the achievement browser screenshot.

Reactions:
And considering that you have to jump through quite a lot of hoops to form Germany compared to most other formables ( I think there is no other formable excluding re-formations that has that many requirements), that's just not worth the effort.

Germany requires 13 provinces, plus Elsaß or Königsberg (although it's a bit silly, once you have Pfalz, Elsaß is next door...).
Arabia require 14 provinces, which are more spread apart (unless you count Königsberg for Germany, in which case it's more or less the same). Admittedly, conquering a bunch of desert is easier than highly developed HRE OPMs...

I Guess this is nice. But you should consider my posts in previous dev diaries about forming tags and getting permanent claims too.

They already announced this feature two weeks ago.
Permanent Claims (Free Feature)
As anyone who's ever formed Qing knows, the 25-year timer on claims can be a bit limiting: It's difficult to conquer all of China in only a quarter of a century. To address this issue, we've added a new type of claim that is gained ONLY from nation forming: Permanent Claims. As the name indicates, Permanent Claims are... permanent, and lost only if revoked through war or if the claiming nation is annexed. They also give a -25% cost reduction on core creation, instead of the -10% from normal claims.
BNYVmEZ.png

Reactions:
No empire rank in HRE means that this might make people want to deactivate CS if they want both CU and being the emperor. Unless this has been fixed and the emperor can now have empire rank?
What this has to do with CS itself? The new government rank system was part of the 1.12 patch.
CS only lets you upgrade your otherwise fixed rank. Without CS this can only be done with certain decisions for specific nations.

I think 1.14 will be one of the biggest patches/expansions the game got, something similar to 1.8 (ROTW gigantic update) or that Development patch (1.12?)

One questiom to everybody.. do you remember when Patch Notes are posted? In the day of release, or a day before it, or?

Reactions:
No empire rank in HRE means that this might make people want to deactivate CS if they want both CU and being the emperor. Unless this has been fixed and the emperor can now have empire rank?

Just as before you could have CU only if you are Germany or Italy, but the decision remove you from HRE

Reactions:
I hope this new in-game achievement window is hidden away in the options menu rather than clutter my main game screen with another useless button.
Its a small button near the date [the same size as the + and - buttons].
The button itself won't clutter your screen, but I imagine you would click accidentally on occlusion.

What sort of proportion of power would I need for Cultural union to fire? eg. If I was Bohemia and owned a lot of Germanic land (say 20% Czech to 80% Germanic) and reached empire status, would I get Germanic cultural union, West Slavic or no union?

Also, could a nation within the HRE get cultural union status without being empire? eg by getting 1000 development but not breaking out of the empire, or is it required?

Reactions:
What sort of proportion of power would I need for Cultural union to fire? eg. If I was Bohemia and owned a lot of Germanic land (say 20% Czech to 80% Germanic) and reached empire status, would I get Germanic cultural union, West Slavic or no union?

Also, could a nation within the HRE get cultural union status without being empire? eg by getting 1000 development but not breaking out of the empire, or is it required?
You would get a CU over west Slavic. It doesn't take into account what lands you own, just how much development you have. Besides, you can't get a cultural union on a culture group you're not a part of.

Reactions:
You would get a CU over west Slavic. It doesn't take into account what lands you own, just how much development you have. Besides, you can't get a cultural union on a culture group you're not a part of.

That...makes me think. Does this mean that Bohemia -> united HRE no longer gives you the Germanic CU?