• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It also basically removes the incentive to ever form Scandinavia, though?
Not necessarily, I am a supporter of the "Nordic union" notion by heart and have loved forming a unified Scandinavian state under a common name.

But EU4 is more fun as a game of dominance rather than idealistic compromise. :)

Reactions:
It's not rly tag based anymore... but yes, there can be multiple countries with the same culture group that all count as a culture union.
Can we mod it so that a nation that fulfills neither requirement can still have CU status granted by decision or event?

Reactions:
I have been asking for this change to cultural unions for so long. I'm so happy! Now, how about we also combine this with an option for some vanity changes to your nation at the same time? For example a name and colour change using something like the custom nation interface. If Milan united Italy, I would like to shout it to the world, even if it's just cosmetic!

I do think that you should control at least 1/3 of the total development in your culture group though.

Reactions:
So what's the point of forming Germany if you're Prussia, own the German region and already have Empire rank? 25 Prestige and getting kicked out of the Holy Roman Empire? Doesn't sound very appealing.

Reactions:
Getting strong claims all over German Region does.
And yes, both Germany and The Netherlands can be the culture union at the same time.

Reactions:
Ohh.. Then a country which has 1 province of the culture group and 1000 dev can be a cultural union, but other country which has almost every provinces of the culture group and 900 dev cannot be a cultural union until it has 1000 dev?

And no unconditional surrender and new system for Hansa?

Reactions:
Getting strong claims all over German Region does.
And yes, both Germany and The Netherlands can be the culture union at the same time.
I said if you already own the German region, so you won't get any strong claims. And currently, the provinces needed to form Germany are distributed in a way that you will probably own most of it anyway.

Not too sure how I feel about the changes to cultural unions. I like it for China, for instance, but not the fact that now Scottish won't be accepted in Great Britain until it becomes an empire. I feel like an empire, if anything, should have an easier time accepting cultures outside its culture group.

Would it be possible at all to have countries have a secondary culture that is always accepted? E.g. Sweden having Finnish, Commonwealth having either Polish or Lithuanian.

Reactions:
@Wiz
What about hanseatic league?

I too would love to hear about changes to Denmark and the Hansa. Will changes to countries be in a DD and if not can you give examples of changes?

Changes in total Development plus screenshots of situation in 1444 would be pretty awesome...

Reactions:
Reactions:
Yes, Germany instantly kicks you upstairs to Empire Tier so it will be a cultural union regardless. Italy for the idea change.

Reactions:
I said if you already own the German region, so you won't get any strong claims. And currently, the provinces needed to form Germany are distributed in a way that you will probably own most of it anyway.
Might as well ask what is the current incentive if you already accept all Germanic cultures. It doesn't have to always be a huge bonus.

Reactions:
Can you ever lose the cultural union status? If yes, is it if you somehow get demoted in government rank, or when your development goes down? What's the lower limit, 500? 999?

Reactions: