• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting. But, I have the feeling that the threaten war feature could have been expanded much further to be a full "ultimatum" option, by which you can actually try to enforce the equivalent of a peace deal without the one-province limitation, and without waging war. Like what happened to Poland if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions:
Interesting. But, I have the feeling that the threaten war feature could have been expanded much further to be a full "ultimatum" option, by which you can actually try to enforce the equivalent of a peace deal without the one-province limitation, and without waging war. Like what happened to Poland if I'm not mistaken.
It could have been.

And by the time they'd finished handcuffing it for sanity's sake, it would have looked... pretty much the same.

Reactions:
Yeah I don't really know how much it would really differentiate. How would an ultimatum system REALLY be that much different? "Give me this territory or I'll go to war" seems to be pretty inclusive.

I would add, that I agree with others that have mentioned it: the Title choice of this one is sub optimal, and below Pdox usual standard IMO.

Edited- in that the tittle alone wouldn't grab or interest me as I could confuse it mean mostly about Cossacks; but miss all the goodies that's in this that are coming in this one.

Reactions:
Is it possible to make flat map modes compatible with achivements? I think there are a lot of people who prefer more flat map instead of original one.

Reactions:
Great DD! Looking forward to Cossacks. (I'm going to start as Poland and feed Moldavia a load of Wallachian claims. Those Turks will not have the Romanian lands!)

How often can a vassal be given a province?

Will the diplo-annex progress take into account new provinces that are received by the vassal? This could be highly abused if it hasn't been glitch-proofed (trying to diplo-annex a one province minor and you quickly give him 3 neighboring provinces that you just took to avoid costs).

Reactions:
How often can a vassal be given a province?

Will the diplo-annex progress take into account new provinces that are received by the vassal? This could be highly abused if it hasn't been glitch-proofed (trying to diplo-annex a one province minor and you quickly give him 3 neighboring provinces that you just took to avoid costs.)
Damnit, man! Stop with the massive text!

Reactions:
@Metz do you think we're narrow sighted? I'm reading forums on my phone and it's time consuming to scroll every 10 words. Also devs read almost every message on the dev diary and if they don't it's not because you didn't use an enormous font size!

Reactions:
I suspect that question time is long over, but can we expect some Florentine flavour in the patch? It was hinted at in 1.13.

I feel like it should become much more difficult to fabricate a claim to counter-balance the efficacy of threaten war. It's way, way too easy at the moment to fabricate a claim on any neighboring province. Perhaps it should be limited to same-culture (or same-culture-group) provinces, or something like that? It would make CBs count for something again; at the moment, you can already get free CBs on anyone of different religion, so it should still be easy to expand against those you perceive as heretics and heathens.

Reactions:
I feel like it should become much more difficult to fabricate a claim to counter-balance the efficacy of threaten war. It's way, way too easy at the moment to fabricate a claim on any neighboring province. Perhaps it should be limited to same-culture (or same-culture-group) provinces, or something like that? It would make CBs count for something again; at the moment, you can already get free CBs on anyone of different religion, so it should still be easy to expand against those you perceive as heretics and heathens.
good way to take religious from "really really good" to "take this if you actually want to play the game before dip tech 23"

Reactions:
I feel like it should become much more difficult to fabricate a claim to counter-balance the efficacy of threaten war.
The efficacy of Threaten War appears to be that if you have a core or claim on a non-capital province owned by a country who is sufficiently scared of you, you can get that province, and nothing else, for the price of a five-year truce with that country only and the same AE you'd have got for taking that province in a peace deal.
It's way, way too easy at the moment to fabricate a claim on any neighboring province. Perhaps it should be limited to same-culture (or same-culture-group) provinces, or something like that? It would make CBs count for something again;
Have you tried playing under such a limitation voluntarily and seeing how it affects gameplay?

Because if not, here's a challenge for you: Play Hungary (Hungarian is in a one-culture group, and Hungary owns all Hungarian provinces at game start) without touching Fabricate Claims and without taking Religious Ideas until your seventh pick.
at the moment, you can already get free CBs on anyone of different religion, so it should still be easy to expand against those you perceive as heretics and heathens.
Religious does not need to be pushed any higher in the desirability stakes in SP; it is already a top-tier idea group.

Reactions: