• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Subjects must accept provinces which are granted by their overlords?

2. Can't grant a province where I have a core if it doesn't adjacent to subject?

3. Can incomplete colonies be granted?

Last edited:
Well I suppose the grant province mechanic makes sense. If vassal feeding is here to stay, might as well make it make sense mechanically, rather than feel like some abuse.

Reactions:
To clarify: since subject interactions are currently a Common Sense feature, does this mean that a player with just The Cossacks will have only these subject interactions, and a player with Common Sense will have only the old ones? Not worried personally, since I'm buying The Cossacks on launch day, but curious. Nice to know that vassal-feeding will be getting a buff in 1.14.

Reactions:
How much time will the granted claim last? Say, if I made a specific claim 8 years ago, will it last for 17 more years after transfering it to a subject, or full 25 years?

When you say "subject" for the purpose of granting province or core/claim, am I to assume that this is valid for subjects of all types including not only vassals but also protectorates and colonial nations?

I think it's quite clear that you're threatening war over that province and if you get that province, you get a 5-year truce, and since you can't threaten war when you have a truce, it's only for one province.
When you declare war you use a claim as a war-goal and don't pay dip points for it.
You ALSO don't pay dip points if you happen to take other provinces which you happen to have a claim on.

From a gameplay standpoint it makes sense the action only applies to one province at a time [not to abuse it], but if possible I'd like to be sure about it.

Very cool, especially Threaten War (finally I may take this 1 province without causing world war of alliances across half of Eurasia) but tbh it is not a DD very rich in content compared to many previous ones :D

I wanna 1.14 and Cossacks so hard. And still no release date :(

Anyway, good job Pdox

Reactions:
I assume that we may grant provinces even if they are not cored?

I wonder whether it might be a good idea to include an ultimatum, i.e. a month or so, allowing the "victim" to request help from rivals of the offender (or other countries) to defend the poor victim in the upcoming war... Otherwise i fear that it could be abused and just help to steamroll everything at the end of the game...

Reactions:
To clarify: since subject interactions are currently a Common Sense feature, does this mean that a player with just The Cossacks will have only these subject interactions, and a player with Common Sense will have only the old ones? Not worried personally, since I'm buying The Cossacks on launch day, but curious. Nice to know that vassal-feeding will be getting a buff in 1.14.
In short: Yes.

BTW, you also have subject interactions in the vanilla version but its just the basic stuff that were there from the get-go and not the expanded tab added in CS.

Looking forward to next week.

Very cool, especially Threaten War (finally I may take this 1 province without causing world war of alliances across half of Eurasia) but tbh it is not a DD very rich in content compared to many previous ones :D

I wanna 1.14 and Cossacks so hard. And still no release date :(

Anyway, good job Pdox

Release date is December 1, 2015.

Reactions:
Am I correct in assuming that an OPM will never give in to a threat of war? (since they would cease to exist)

Will the AI be more inclined to agree with a threat of war if the province's religion is a heresy/heathen of the AI and culture is not accepted?

Is is easier to threaten for overseas provinces?

Does the distance matter? Can Russia threaten Aztecs successfully provided they somehow manage to get a claim? Is a direct border or shared seazone with the province in question required? (like if you have some old claim but lost a local foothold)

Interesting times indeed :)

You can't threaten for a capital.

Reactions:

You only get these subject interactions if you have The Cossacks, Common Sense is not needed.

Reactions: