• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The efficacy of Threaten War appears to be that if you have a core or claim on a non-capital province owned by a country who is sufficiently scared of you, you can get that province, and nothing else, for the price of a five-year truce with that country only and the same AE you'd have got for taking that province in a peace deal.

you can't even loot their treasury while doing so, and its always those small minor countries that seem to accumulate useful stacks of ducats...

Nice! Interesting (and, if you ask me, much needed) features.

Can you grant a province to a colonial nation? Like when you heve Theerteen Colonies as subject and 4 provinces in Canada region for instance - can you grant those territories to TC and make an uberUSA from Lawrance to Horn after you realise them? Would be awesome but rather gamey ^^

You can already do that through the sell-province mechanic.

Reactions:
Because if not, here's a challenge for you: Play Hungary (Hungarian is in a one-culture group, and Hungary owns all Hungarian provinces at game start) without touching Fabricate Claims and without taking Religious Ideas until your seventh pick.
That could be interesting, I may have to try. Justify trade war would be the main way to get a CB in the early game, then through vassals later.

Reactions:
Now something that annoys me, when playing as a nation with the Jewish religion, you can not convert any of your vassals, because all the nations belong to a different religious group. Why can´t a Jewish nation force Christian and Muslim nations to become Jewish?

Now something that annoys me, when playing as a nation with the Jewish religion, you can not convert any of your vassals, because all the nations belong to a different religious group. Why can´t a Jewish nation force Christian and Muslim nations to become Jewish?
Judaism doesn't really have much of a concept of missionary activity, and being Jewish is something you're generally considered to be born as. Converting to Judaism is a considerable process, compared to most religions where you can basically just say you are of that faith and then it is so.

Reactions:
Not directly related to the DD, but will Rome be finally removed from the Shadow Kingdom event's targets?

Reactions:
What determines how much their Liberty Desire will decrease on "grant province"? How long does it take to wear off? If I grant my subject a 50 development province, will their net LD be an increase? What if the grant takes them over 100/200/300 development, respectively? What's the -LD/+LD result? Can you add these secondary numbers to the tooltip?

"This will lower their liberty desire by 7% and will decay over X years. This will give France 210 development and increase their liberty desire by 50% resulting in a net change of 43% bringing them to 62% liberty desire."

Last edited:
Judaism doesn't really have much of a concept of missionary activity, and being Jewish is something you're generally considered to be born as. Converting to Judaism is a considerable process, compared to most religions where you can basically just say you are of that faith and then it is so.

Partly true. Within the jewish faith there are jews who consider people not being born as a jew, not as a jew. Yet lots of people did convert to Judaism, without one of their parents being a jew. And like often with religion it is a politic choice. Like the Himyarite Kingdom converting to Judaism. Before the rise of Islam many of the inhabitants in Arabia were jewish, but not from birth.

Vassals of Jewish states should, if relations are good, have the option to become Jewish if the Jewish state itself doesn´t have the option to convert the vassal.

The extent of judean missionary activity have changed a lot with the flow and ebb of time. Middle Judaism, for example had a quite massive missionary campaign into Gallilee, to the extent of forcingly circumcising people (hey, it's not only Christians and Muslims who've had their toll of sword mission). Before settling with a longer elaborate proselyting "method", especially after rabbinic judaism emerged as the prominent form of judaism.

Late/modern judaism though have a quite balanced view of birth/proselyting compared to both extremes during the long history of the religion.

It's really not that strange if you think about it, if the jews in exile started converting people what do you think would have happened?

Partly true. Within the jewish faith there are jews who consider people not being born as a jew, not as a jew. Yet lots of people did convert to Judaism, without one of their parents being a jew. And like often with religion it is a politic choice. Like the Himyarite Kingdom converting to Judaism. Before the rise of Islam many of the inhabitants in Arabia were jewish, but not from birth.

Vassals of Jewish states should, if relations are good, have the option to become Jewish if the Jewish state itself doesn´t have the option to convert the vassal.

It's more of a gameplay issue than anything else. The force religious conversion really only makes sense for between religious groups, and since Judaism is in a group by itself they can't force-convert anyone. The solution would either be to let anyone force religious conversion on anyone else, which would be very ahistorical and overpowered; to put Judaism in a group with Christianity or Islam, which would make basically no sense; or to code a special exception for Judaism, which doesn't really make all that much sense to do in the first place and is probably too much work for too little gain.

It's really not that strange if you think about it, if the jews in exile started converting people what do you think would have happened?

But if they formed a powerful state, and a neighbouring vassal was either christian or muslim, wouldn't they try to convert them anyway? Isn't the whole not converting thing something that comes from the lack of a state?

But if they formed a powerful state, and a neighbouring vassal was either christian or muslim, wouldn't they try to convert them anyway? Isn't the whole not converting thing something that comes from the lack of a state?
Possibly, but it'd have to be quite a powerful state to be able to stand up to the repercussions of forcibly converting another country.

Then again I don't disagree that you should be able to convert others to your religion. At least your vassals. I don't see how say a christian imperialist could not force his religion on a shamanist subject. Seems like the perfectly christian thing to do.

Then again I don't disagree that you should be able to convert others to your religion. At least your vassals. I don't see how say a christian imperialist could not force his religion on a shamanist subject. Seems like the perfectly christian thing to do.
Like how you can convert your vassals and juniors thorough subject interaction?

Like how you can convert your vassals and juniors thorough subject interaction?
Only works on people that are already your religious group. I can place a relative on the throne of a heathen nation (my relative appearantly converts to heathendom) but I can't change their religion.