• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Regarding bugfixes and - which became apparent to me only today - the constant complaining about bugs still not being fixed:

Have you guys considered using an open tracker system, where forum users could create issues and where devs would update the issues' current status. You know, like, Bugzilla, JIRA, etc. I'm pretty sure you're already using software internally, but this would only serve to visualize that you guys are indeed working on the bugs reported, to sooth the naggers, to show the community that their reports are not being ignored.

To clarify, I am not saying you ignore reports. I'm saying that many community members have the feeling you do, because they're not intimate with bugfixing and code development and that an open tracker platform for the forum users would ensure some sort of assurance for the community and at the same time lessen the ever-on-going, unnerving, asking and nagging about bugs and bugfixes not introduced in patch xy. Of course those systems support duplicates, so while the system might be cluttered, it might be a better solution than a bug forum.

Reactions:
As a nice little bonus to modders, there will be console commands in the next patch to reload the heightmap and province map ingame, so restart isn't required for most map editing.

Please say this will make CK2 next patch as well.

Regarding bugfixes and - which became apparent to me only today - the constant complaining about bugs still not being fixed:

Have you guys considered using an open tracker system, where forum users could create issues and where devs would update the issues' current status. You know, like, Bugzilla, JIRA, etc. I'm pretty sure you're already using software internally, but this would only serve to visualize that you guys are indeed working on the bugs reported, to sooth the naggers, to show the community that their reports are not being ignored.

To clarify, I am not saying you ignore reports. I'm saying that many community members have the feeling you do, because they're not intimate with bugfixing and code development and that an open tracker platform for the forum users would ensure some sort of assurance for the community and at the same time lessen the ever-on-going, unnerving, asking and nagging about bugs and bugfixes not introduced in patch xy. Of course those systems support duplicates, so while the system might be cluttered, it might be a better solution than a bug forum.

We use JIRA internally. Managing an external JIRA where any user can report issues would likely use more resources than the entire current development team.

Reactions:
Something I would like to see when you re-work the RNW is to add the ability to have the New World nations be Random Nations, but have the Old World be the standard setup. Would really open it up to being a truly interesting experience for those that have a desire to explore and discover, allowing them to be surprised by what they find there.

Please scrap random new world. It's definitely not worth it to put more development into that. There are so many core parts of the gameplay that needs redesign. Naval gameplay for example.

Reactions:
It doesn't even show up in our data summary (except bundled with 'other'), it's not a very popular country.

Byzantium is just not a very popular country, seriously. It has a devoted fanbase, but small and vocal only seems larger than it actually is.
QONVIyz.gif

Please scrap random new world. It's definitely not worth it to put more development into that. There are so many core parts of the gameplay that needs redesign. Naval gameplay for example.

So you're suggesting that we remove the main feature of an expansion that people paid money for.

I'm sure that would go over great.

Reactions:
Fun Fact of the Day!
Did you know that the most popular player nation (measured by number of campaigns started) in EU4 is to play a Custom Nation? It is closely followed by England, France and Castile. Of the top 10 played nations, the only (non-custom) one that isn't in the 'Interesting Nations' in 1444 is Brandenburg. It appears that our Byzantine fans have nothing on the lovers of Prussia.

Does this mean Prussia can finally have it's colour changed to glorious Prussian Blue?

Reactions:
Does this mean Prussia can finally have it's colour changed to glorious Prussian Blue?

That fight you'll have to take with Johan. It does mean that Brandenburg is now an interesting country in 1444 though.

Reactions:
About random new world: maybe a option to choose between long generation time and short wait?

Anyways, if now water can be put good higher than global water, does that mean that it can also be put below the global level without flooding the land? If yes, it's good for accurately portraying the areas surrounding the caspian

How do I send paradox metrics?
I would like to know as well. Also, do you measure only games started or also, whether those games actually got played? I must admit, that I sometimes start scum with some nations, that need a bit of luck. (example: I always restart TO games until I get a dip rep advisor)

That fight you'll have to take with Johan. It does mean that Brandenburg is now an interesting country in 1444 though.

Could you ask Johan, maybe? I don't think he ever responded to that. :( Prussian blue would be so awesome. :)

Regarding JIRA: Would it be possible to have an online page that shows a filtered bug issues list of your internal JIRA to dissolve some of the community's prejudice about fixing specific bugs? It's just that I'm really tired of reading about accusations of not caring about bugs and that constant "bug xy hasn't been fixed. u sux" attitude and I really think it might put back alot of well deserved faith into the paradox bugfixing issues.

Johan has said no on Prussian color change repeatedly, and he has the final say.

Reactions:
Reactions:
The fact that people complain about the AI is far from always an actual indicator of a problem. People always complain about the AI, and imagine it to be and do all sorts of things it isn't/doesn't.

That said, yes, a DD on AI is not a bad idea.

I really have to protest here. The AI has seriously issues with the new patch. Since 1.12 we have limited building choice. So it does not make sense to build a temple in an iron province but rather a manufactory. Each development you improve increase the cost. So it makes sens to specialize provinces to get the most of it together with building boni. So improving trade in iron provinces and manpower in grain provinces. However AI is improving manpower in iron provinces and production in grain provinces. And builds temples in both.
The AI prefer colonizing brasil over east america as england. Despite not profiting from the trade there. Small AI nations ignore during colonisation that colonies can get bigger than them and go independent. In many cases AI would have bigger colonial territories if they stopped colonialisation.

Saying that the AI is not a problem is something I can not agree with.

Reactions: