• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Except... RNW only works until it doesn't. There are tons of posts out there about the RNW reverting to the "real world" upon loading the game. I had this happen to me, which is what led to searching the 'net.

There is no recourse--your game is effed unless you continue with the non-random world, but then you have some very weird results. For example, Castille having colonized land in the middle of North American with no one nearby, etc.

Anecdotally, this happened to me in my Inca achievement run.

This has to do with mods, is an issue introduced in 1.9 and is fixed in next patch.

Reactions:
Wait are those numbers all time or just since custom nations were released?

If it is all time that is a huge upset for custom nations to dethrone all of the other states that have had quite a head start.

These numbers are from the last month.

Reactions:
Hotjoin
Similarly, I feel that I have to bring up Hotjoin, as it'd be strange to leave it out of this dev diary. Yes, we're aware Hotjoin is still broken. Yes, we're still aiming to fix it. We've actually been fixing issues with it in each major patch since 1.8, but there's still a good deal more to fix. We probably shouldn't have let it get this broken in the first place, but we still have to prioritize fixes to new features over old ones. We'll get there though.

Oh my god is today already christmas? This is the first time that paradox has acknowledged problems with hotjoin, took you nearly 2 years. Hallelujah.

Reactions:
Oh my god is today already christmas? This is the first time that paradox has acknowledged problems with hotjoin, took you nearly 2 years. Hallelujah.

Hardly. I've said this exact thing multiple times before, just never in a DD because having DDs talk about our processes is a brand new thing.

Reactions:
ETA on the hotfix?

QA is testing it right now, assuming they don't fail it it should be out before the end of the workday. If they do fail it, there likely won't be one this week.

Reactions:
If you keep this style of communication up and manage to come up with some sort of interactive peace time mechanics, people will love you to bits. With their wallets :)

I do know that a generic peace time mechanic/mini-game is really hard to design, especially since it needs to dial down during wars to prevent player overload. Maybe you could steal some ideas from builder games? (Caesar/Settlers)

Reactions:
I really wonder what the changelog of the new hotfix will contain. If only some generous and graceful P'dox dev had the power to bestow such information on us... *flamboyant wink*

I love the idea of a randomized new world, but after one initial game with it, I couldn't do it again because of the way the random landmasses looked. It brings me untold joy to hear you guys are considering looking at it again. Here's hoping...

Not wanting to put pressure on @Haftetavenscrap , but [MOD] [CoP] Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator when updated to CS/1.12 should answer part of the needs for different worlds. I'm looking forward to it myself :)

Reactions:
I always liked how Lough Neagh was considered part of the Irish Sea.

While I'm on the subject I'd like to petition that Irish sea be reclassified Inland sea to add more strategic depth to the Britain game. West Highland galleys ruled those sea zones historically.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birlinn

Reactions:
I love seeing everybody whose thoughts are being challenged by data questioning which bit of the data was checked or whether it's complete as some way of holding on to long held thoughts.

It's cute.

Reactions:
Will this fix the massive oos issues in multiplayer?

If you have OOSes, please report them on the bug forums. As far as I know we've fixed the OOSes that have been reported and reproduced.

Reactions:
What about Patriarch Authority and Piety?
Getting ~20% PA in 230 years isn't fun(

Will be addressed in the next larger patch.

Reactions:
I think that a good fix to the random new world would be that they make like 100 cool random new worlds and that you literally load one of those in stead of the game generating one on the spot. maybe Paradox could even make some kind of contest where the fans enter custom new worlds that they designed themselves with the best ones being included in the standard game.

Reactions:
Are there going to be any changes to the calculation of Army Tradition on the horizon?

Reactions: