• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, I know you can do that to not send data - but "opting out" completely probably means retracting the EULA, hence uninstalling. Not a lawyer, though.

Our metrics collection is not reliant on steam.

A thought that came to me in another conversation elsewhere - would it be technically difficult to give players the ability to recolour their nation? Whether that's the colours from the custom nation designer or full access to hex triplets (or 255 space decimal codes), it would allow for the ability to recolour if you start losing track of your borders with your neighbours.

I understand that Paradox needs some metrics, but can we at least see what information we're sending to you? I'd like to know just what "personal" information you're actually collecting.

Reactions:
http://store.steampowered.com/eula/236850_eula_0

7.COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.

Paradox shall have the right to collect End User’s personal and technical information, including but not limited to age, country of residence, IP address, computer configuration and software usage, which is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services related to the Software Product. Paradox may use this information to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to End User. Such information shall not be sold or transferred to any third parties without the previous consent of End User.

Thankfully, Paradox are Swedish. If they were British or American I'd go into offline mode all the time. I don't like IP addresses or anything to do with them.

buildings map mode should also show a number of already built buildings on each province, it would make it easier to decide where to upgrade development to get extra buildings slots.

btw some bugs? in the trade interface(f1->4):
- the "Goods Produced" doesn't show correctly - shows 0 with plutocratic Free Subjects +10% Goods produced modifier.
- Caravan power (aka inland bonus in the interface), shows only without added modifiers in the main interface and total/base/modifiers in the hover-over, shouldn't it show the total in the main interface?

Last edited:
That is an incorrect way to think of it.

I've never tried it, and I never will.
While not everybody will play it I think a lot will, since it is kind of the untimate challenge. Personally I am doing a Byz game as the moment.

Its always on. You cant play the game without installing it.
Aren't you asked whether or not you want to opt in the first time you launch the game? Or is that only in CKII?

This is perhaps the silliest post I've seen on this forum, and I've seen a lot of silly posts on this forum.

I seriously doubt the most of the userbase will even notice that any time soon after the change much less take it into consideration when choosing.

haha, right, don't take it literally. What I mean is that a country that 90% of the times is annexed in the first 3 years is unplayable for most of the players. I conquered the Med with it in Ironman, but I still think is useless for 90% of the people. Brandenburg has better chances of survival and big capable allies.

The fort thing was a "joke", actually when I play with them I have them monthballed even at war to save money since my usual strategy is to block Ottos in Asia.

Maybe also put Constantinople with dev level 100, and giving them a 50k army, with a 50 galleys navy... Anything completely ahistorical that could portrait a super-byzantium that at 1444 was on it's knees paying vassalage to the Ottos and asking for approval on who should be the Emperor.

I agree. that was not what I meant, In fact if you want to play byzs go to CK. It was just funny to me the comparison with Brandenburg. Two countries you can't compare. One of them 90% unplayable won't obviously be on the top list.

I agree. that was not what I meant, In fact if you want to play byzs go to CK. It was just funny to me the comparison with Brandenburg. Two countries you can't compare. One of them 90% unplayable won't obviously be on the top list.

+1, comparing Brandeburg/Prussia to Byz is weird in fact. On BRA the normal start is ally austria + jolly alliance (whatever u desire) then it's just a matter of NOT getting too much AE and has the #1 MIL ideas in the whole game (appeal +635282877828728773) and no decent rivals (Poland? Hahahhahaha)...with byz you're against one of the 3 tutorial nations, which also is a lucky nation, which starts in the bookmark called Rise of the Ottomans, and you've to make them fall. I'm not for buffing byz at all (never asked for that, i think the harder the funnier imo and i agree byz was doomed but this is fascinating about it) as long as this game starts before may of 1453 for me it's just good, but i'm not surprised at all that one of the 8 GP of 1800 that formed germany and inspired modern discipline and has also been recently revamped (speaking about provinces shape and PROTESTANTISM) is played even 100 times more than byz...

Reactions:
I understand that Paradox needs some metrics, but can we at least see what information we're sending to you? I'd like to know just what "personal" information you're actually collecting.
Johan created a thread about this shortly after release. IIRC, the only personal information is your steam ID, the rest was all game metrics.

The random new world is a great feature idea ! Thank to this explanation about why this feature is what it is now. I'm really happy to read things like that, that will to make everything perfect and listen the player is a vary rare ^^. It's why most of us have 1k or 2k hour of play behind us.

I agree with this feels about the random new world. It's not only it feel wrong (yes it is) but mainly it is not really interesting when you see it. Player don't feel good about a new world wich is exploded since it's difficult to maintain. Futhermore the new world interest is trade income. Sometimes trade node are ood and the only interesting one rely on wasteland and few province. Maybe a whole single (or two) continent will bring player to use more this option.

No dev diary this week?
When you wrote that message it was 12:00 Swedish time and now it is 14:00 Swedish time. The still have plenty of time.

When you wrote that message it was 12:00 Swedish time and now it is 14:00 Swedish time. The still have plenty of time.
They really should implement something like a countdown clock on the forums so people will stop asking when it's gonna get released.

Reactions:
They really should implement something like a countdown clock on the forums so people will stop asking when it's gonna get released.
Or people could wait until Friday before asking.

Reactions:
Yeah, I jumped the gun there. Its been such a long week that when I came home today I seriously thought it was already Friday until the realization hit me later that I have another day of work ahead of me...