• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Point is it didn't work. Player behaviour was nothing like Paradox intended. There's no cheating involved, only taking advantage of OP mechanics.

Do you enjoy RSI? I sure don't.
Not playing it as it was intended is cheating whether you use the console or mods or just plain exploits.

Point is it didn't work. Player behaviour was nothing like Paradox intended. There's no cheating involved, only taking advantage of OP mechanics.

Do you enjoy RSI? I sure don't.
Wasn't the intent that hordes would raze and return most of the provinces they conquer, and let that country deal with the damage (and now revolt risk)?

Trust is driving me nuts. Had 90+ with France as Spain, lifelong friends, suddenly develops a taste for all my colonial possessions and rivals me. Gee - thanks. What a waste of time helping them out in all those wars...

Trust is driving me nuts. Had 90+ with France as Spain, lifelong friends, suddenly develops a taste for all my colonial possessions and rivals me. Gee - thanks. What a waste of time helping them out in all those wars...
Well that's realistic, you two are bordering each other and have conflicting intrests, it bothers me more when in that situation the alliances does not start crumbling. For an example austria and france ally each other burgundy is a mutual enemy then stay buddies for the rest of the game since they will litterally rival anyone (ottoman's mamlukes, the freaking ming) before each other. I'm sorry but the emperor of the HRE having an ethernal alliance with france kind of screws up the game.

Alliances in this era were shiftning, the dutch and the english were allies against the spanish but then later fought each other a lot, just to later become friends again.

Well that's realistic, you two are bordering each other and have conflicting intrests, it bothers me more when in that situation the alliances does not start crumbling. For an example austria and france ally each other burgundy is a mutual enemy then stay buddies for the rest of the game since they will litterally rival anyone (ottoman's mamlukes, the freaking ming) before each other. I'm sorry but the emperor of the HRE having an ethernal alliance with france kind of screws up the game.

Alliances in this era were shiftning, the dutch and the english were allies against the spanish but then later fought each other a lot, just to later become friends again.
Really, the entire the rival system makes alliances far too rigid. England and France hated each others' guts but they were still ready to fight side by side when Spain felt too threatening.

Reactions:
Really, the entire the rival system makes alliances far too rigid. England and France hated each others' guts but they were still ready to fight side by side when Spain felt too threatening.
Also royal marriges as a part (guarantee) of peacedeals wold be nice, a lot of nations who fought each other also married across the same borders.

Reactions:
Well then, perhaps they should say, we demand more to maintain this status quo. Give us this, and we will love you. Don't, and it will cost you.
So, an option to demand provinces or territories from the player and the AI might be good, and it will be up to either party to decide at what price the cost of the alliance becomes too high.

EDIT : Also - 1.15 will fix this issue :

"
AI allies rivaling you at 100 trust because they had no other possible rivals to choose from. To address this, we're making the following changes:
  • The AI will no longer rival a country they have 80+ trust with under any circumstances."

Last edited:
Dear Paradox, we need a truce mapmode (Red = Fresh Truces near maximum limit, Green = About to expire prepare for war, etc.) When I'm trying to beat up all of the princes for their lunch money it gets hard keeping track of the truces I can't imagine doing this with nearly the same efficiency during multiplay

Dear Paradox, we need a truce mapmode (Red = Fresh Truces near maximum limit, Green = About to expire prepare for war, etc.) When I'm trying to beat up all of the princes for their lunch money it gets hard keeping track of the truces I can't imagine doing this with nearly the same efficiency during multiplay
It could also be done the Vic2 way and just show countries with which you have a truce in Diplomatic mapmode with some new color, say, orange or something of the like.

Reactions: