• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The mapmodes interface, which was already greatly improved in 1.14, has received another upgrade. Instead of each of the 10 primary mapmode mode slots only holding a single mapmode, you are now able to store multiple mapmodes in each slot, and switch quickly between them by pressing that mapmode button or its associated hotkey. For example, you can store the regions, areas, colonial regions and trade companies mapmodes in a single slot and quickly switch between them, depending on which particular one you are interested in at the moment.
Does this mean every time I press a hotkey it will switch to one of the maps set under it? because I could do without that.

Reactions:
Nice work !

Speaking of interface improvement, would it be possible to add a map mode for diplomatic feedback accessible directly from the minimap area ? Right now we have to open the diplomacy screen, switch to the feedback tab, and right-click to change the currently selected country... I think it could be made more practical.

Reactions:
How is this working in regards to the RNW?
Would be silly if the new world/RNW would be discovered for say Europe even when there is nobody anywhere near Europe with exploration
On a serious note though, I suppose the triggers will be generated together with the RNW as a whole, otherwise discovery will never spread to others

Reactions:
Does this mean every time I press a hotkey it will switch to one of the maps set under it? because I could do without that.

Assuming you put more than 1 mapmode into a slot, yes. You don't have to do that.

Reactions:
I think Paradox have overdone it. Hordes will be pretty much unplayable.
As usual just look to what was done to transfer of occupation. With that said Hordes will still be somewhat playable with strictly exploitive gameplay like keeping a shitton of OPM enveloped by your borders to farm points, rebel lovers and rp.

Reactions:
Great to see comprehensible UI for modifiers.

Good improvements !

Some ideas :
- a mapmode for truces could help, instead of checking the top icon
-we can't load a save after loading another with random new world
-Ironman for multiplayer if playing the same country
-custom keybindings (especially for non qwerty users)

Reactions:
@Wiz Also about UI improvements (I already sent tweet about it, but just in case you couldn't see what I meant by that screens) - maybe add to the tooltip on province what combat width will be after modifying it by the terrain like in this picture
b6ddCwc.jpg
And also add tooltip when you have selected unit to see what the combat width is in the province terrain
67PKKqU.jpg

I think those are two excellent suggestions!

Reactions:
I second a truce timer map mode. In addition to that I would like to ask whether it is possible to make a mapoverlay mode for decisions and achievements to complement the achievement viewer added in 1.14. While this was a nice improvement, players like myself still visit the wiki from time to time to check some requirements for certain provinces' location on the map in relation to their empire, next to the checklist in the decision page. Especially for wide spanning requirements like unify Islam and the great Khan would this be a super addition in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nice UI changes, not sure about the mapmode change (ofc for most people probably useful!) but I mostly use the mouse and I'd wish an option for sth like the MapModeButtons, which was one of my favourite mods, before the changes of 1.14 which seem to inhibit the creator to make it compatible again.

Reactions:
I was expecting AE and a limit based on technology, but these horde nerfs are much better than what I had in mind. Good job, people.

...Except for Timurids. When will they stop being a horde? That's not fair >__>

EDIT-- Guys, you do realize you can make the +10 unrest disappear by increasing autonomy, right? There's a reason the 25% base autonomy for Hordes was taken out.

Last edited:
I

EDIT-- Guys, you do realize you can make the +10 unrest disappear by increasing autonomy, right? .
No you can´t, that +10 will be applied on top of the separatism unrest so that is a massive 22.5- 28 unrest per province plus the unrest of non-accepted culture, OE, WE, etc.. Wiz might as well make the rebels instantly spawn in razed provinces. I wonder why this was not applied from the beginning. I mean anyone with 2 fingers of forehead could foresee that Hordes would be better off not reforming or westernizing. Was it to help sell the expansion and them (shamelessly) nerf them to the ground? Just like what was done to transfer of occupation back in 1.8?

Last edited:
Reactions:
EDIT-- Guys, you do realize you can make the +10 unrest disappear by increasing autonomy, right? There's a reason the 25% base autonomy for Hordes was taken out.
I thought you were smarter than to post something like this. Have you not played a horde since minimum autonomy change was added?

Anyways, as someone who likes hunting for exploit/degenerate gameplay, I'm glad I've contributed to the hilarious over-nerfbatting of hordes, if only slightly.

What this means is that smaller hordes are more efficient than before both economically and militarily, but become increasingly inefficient as they grow and the Tribes demand more and more land.
better triple the horde disloyalty penalties while you're at it, or anyone who's competently played a horde in 1.14 knows what is the only estate management solution allowed.

Reactions: