EU4 Dev Diary 21st March 2017 - Diplomatic Macro Builder

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe you can click on province name and change it right now.

Not sure if you can do that to state.

Like this picture,I want to design all my territories

Attachments

• eu4_1.png
    eu4_1.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 141
Like this picture,I want to design my all territories

Hmm yeah that is definitely a different thing than how EU 4 uses "territories/state".

You may have to make your own mod. Mostly because that would be more of a Victoria 3 thing than EU 5.

he says diplo macro builder is free feature in first sentence then he says only MOH owners can access it.

Firstly, that's not what a dilemma is. A dilemma would be something like 'I'm a play-tester and I really like the macro builder and don't want to play without it, but I really want to play the live version of the game, what to do?'.

Secondly, nowhere is it stated or implied that it's a free feature. If you go back to 1.19, you can't use MoH which requires 1.20. Hence, people who have played with it don't want to go back to 1.19 (ie the live version of the game) which lacks the feature. Pretty straightforward.

let's say paradox instead dilemma, is it makes you happy?

i didn't know jake was talking about play-testers, i thought he was talking about all players which is my mistake and they are already explained it clearly so?

let's say paradox instead dilemma, is it makes you happy?

i didn't know jake was talking about play-testers, i thought he was talking about all players which is my mistake and they are already explained it clearly so?

The word you wanted, I think, was "contradiction" though it wasn't one of those either.

But that is what it would be if he said "Here is this free thing, please enjoy it after you pay."

Quite simply, beyond Epic !!

Totally agree. Funny how PDX stans will disagree with anything that criticizes the company.

It's quite random. Over the Hearts of Iron IV Forum people were crazy that something as basic as the Spearhead battle plan system, something that the game should have been shipped with in 1.0, was being sold in that pricey expansion.

Why to sell the Diplomatic Macrobuilder? It's not content at all, but a major quality of life upgrade that would make this huge beast of a game simpler to control.

Great addition but as a colourblind person, mapmodes using only green and red are impossible to use. Can you guys please make a colourblind friendly option for your game? (1 in 20 men have the same disorder)
They guys at CD Project RED did add this to the witcher 3 and after that patch, it allowed me to finally not get lost while using witcher senses.

It's quite random. Over the Hearts of Iron IV Forum people were crazy that something as basic as the Spearhead battle plan system, something that the game should have been shipped with in 1.0, was being sold in that pricey expansion.

Why to sell the Diplomatic Macrobuilder? It's not content at all, but a major quality of life upgrade that would make this huge beast of a game simpler to control.
Because it's always been paradox's policiy to put stuff like this in DLC but everyone's pissy about HoI4

Because it's always been paradox's policiy to put stuff like this in DLC but everyone's pissy about HoI4

Can't remember similar decisions being made on Crusader Kings II or Stellaris.

In the diplomatic relations view when I click to see neighbor's relations they are all in there.

I am lost. Are you saying it should be like that or you know it is already like that in the release version?

Does the "Neighbouring Countries" Improve Relations automation only improve with countries that you have a border with or does it include countries that are a bit further away as well?
Because in HRE there are a lot of countries very close to you.

unicode input is broken
EU4 has never supported unicode, so it's not broken---it's never been there. EU4 has always only supported Latin 1, and it does that without any problem. Latin 1 covers all Western European languages and as such is sufficient for the localisations PI do plus for having things like the Scandinavian special letters in game. That was all that was needed when EU4 was developed.
Would EU4 supporting UTF8 be nice---of course. And EU5 will most likely support it with how Stellaris does.

objectives/conditions are expressed in incomprehensible lists of indented "one of the following must be true:" clauses
I actually like that. They make it perfectly clear what you need to do.

EU4 has never supported unicode, so it's not broken---it's never been there. EU4 has always only supported Latin 1, and it does that without any problem. Latin 1 covers all Western European languages and as such is sufficient for the localisations PI do plus for having things like the Scandinavian special letters in game. That was all that was needed when EU4 was developed.
Would EU4 supporting UTF8 be nice---of course. And EU5 will most likely support it with how Stellaris does.
Many patches ago, you could copy/paste non-ascii characters (at least the supported ones) into EU4 when naming provinces/cities/etc., and it would work. Now what seems to happen is that the game translates your input to utf-8 and then interprets those bytes with the Latin-1 code page. If you want to name your province "León" you end up with "León". They've got some unicode translation happening in the pipeline, but it's broken.

I actually like that. They make it perfectly clear what you need to do.

It works fine for simple objectives, but when you have nested AND and OR blocks, things get messy pretty quickly. The decision conditions for "Confirm Thalassocracy" are a mess, for example. Same with "Form British Nation Diplomatically". You can sort out what it means if you stare at it for long enough, but you can't tell me it's an effective way to present that information.

Many patches ago, you could copy/paste non-ascii characters (at least the supported ones) into EU4 when naming provinces/cities/etc., and it would work. Now what seems to happen is that the game translates your input to utf-8 and then interprets those bytes with the Latin-1 code page. If you want to name your province "León" you end up with "León". They've got some unicode translation happening in the pipeline, but it's broken.
Ah. Haven't copy pasted into the game for years (possibly not since EU3 actually). That seems broken indeed. Might be related to how it sometimes can be a bit cumbersome to get the game to acknowledge that you saved in Latin 1 and not UTF8---i.e. I have experienced that despite saving in Latin 1 it still gave that jumble. Though usually saving again fixes it.

But I agree that is a bug. I thought you were complaining about the lack of UTF8 compatibility.

It works fine for simple objectives, but when you have nested AND and OR blocks, things get messy pretty quickly. The decision conditions for "Confirm Thalassocracy" are a mess, for example. Same with "Form British Nation Diplomatically". You can sort out what it means if you stare at it for long enough, but you can't tell me it's an effective way to present that information.
Might be because I'm used to looking at code, but I find them informative without staring at them for a long time. And I'd actually have pulled the Thalassocracy one as a good example of how it's efficient.:p

And how would you present something like the Thalassocracy one without using AND/OR blocks?

Might be because I'm used to looking at code, but I find them informative without staring at them for a long time. And I'd actually have pulled the Thalassocracy one as a good example of how it's efficient.:p

And how would you present something like the Thalassocracy one without using AND/OR blocks?

I don't necessarily object to and/or blocks, but I object to the way they're presented. A single space indent is not sufficient to indicate scope, especially when you've got conditions that flow onto a second line, and when the first indent is actually a backwards step because of the X or check on the main condition. The confirm thalassocracy decision has a bunch of unnecessary province-level scopes that only clutter the list. Or look at the "Solidify our Papal Relations" mission. Playing as England, it says:

England:
X The Papal States:
The Papal States opinion of England is at least 100.

It's not hard to understand because of how short it is, but it's clearly a lot of unnecessary text.