EU4 Dev Clash #12 - Emperor - Wednesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I liked that season, as always. Well done players and hosts!

I'm a bit surprised though that few people mention that Starnan gained #3 spot after... well, being given Ming, which was already extremely powerful in the game! He remains an incredibly talented player. But compared to Revolutionary Commonwealth, who started with Bohemia in a Europe strained with wars since the beginning, including a lot of blue flame wars, that looks much more like an accomplishment to me. In my heart he's the #3!

• 2Like
Reactions:
that was a nice finish for the dev clash, the war against Ming for the 3rd place...
i'm disppointed they dogipled Mexico, they would have been a contender for the lower ranks otherwise

Reactions:
Would they ever drop the finished save file?

Excellent war in the end, and kudos for the kingmaker, the bringer of salt and tears, Dahl.
It would seem his intervention was long planned (he could have directly joined the war had the Germans not accepted the CTA.) I had hopes the war dragged on longer may have raised Dehli's ranking above Hanover, but the outcome and the Groog's salt was pure gold. Well played to all players.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I finally could see the last part. That was a great dev clash, thank you all for this :)

More in details
Jake is a great host, it's good to have him back. I unterstand that it's easier when there is a second host (for interaction). Something should be done with Johan's connexion, the sound was not very good

Congrats to Sanke-Brazil, you a great winner. I was not betting on you after Portugal fled to South America, it seemed to me more for roleplay (or tranquillity) than anything else. The gold you found proved to be super useful and even if you did not start many (any?) war, your support was essential (not just in cash, I remember troops in Europe too)
KaiserJohan being KaiserJohan : probably dreadful to face but so fun to watch. Evicted from Florence in a tough spot, uniting Aztecs, conquering Japan... and getting an hegemony, what a journey (also when losing it).
StarNaN had a little easier route : kicked out as Switzerland, back in Ming. Still a formidable opponent.

What else to note except the top 3
Frenchparadox had an amazing start and midgame. So close for the end (and the "czechmate"). Very good player too
Groogy being Groogy (Timbuktu -> New Zealand and vassal1, vassal2, vassal3). "Don't look"
Duplo being Duplo with lot of roleplay. A very difficult start and he survived and expanded. Bravo!
Da9L in Benin after Aragon. Not an easy relocation, huge progress finally, and Kingmaker (well for 3rd place). Cat and mouse with Kilwa was fun too :)
Pope Wiz always here for diplomacy.
Strong finish also for Pizzicato, Caligula, neondt, Sidestep: they seem to improve clash after clash
Ofaloaf tortured Scotland, went pirate and then American (congrats on the accents)
Indian players + Timurids + Malacaa managed to expand after relocation
Gorion founded Andalusia which is not a small exploit
Castille/France were a little bit disappointing in the beginning but found an outcome in the New world. Mexico/Servancour had a great finish (until last session)
Sir Rogers had lots of opposition for his Austria. Hey still on the map, a little more to the South East now
And all the ones I forgot.

I read that some people were not happy that a relocated player should not get the full score. I understand this but on the other hand a tough relocation (Aztecs, Benin, Timbuktu) is not the same as Ming or Delhi so it would be quite unfair to me to penalize it in the same way. Also, if you enforce such a rule, the "dangerous players" (StarNan, KJ, Da9L, Wiz, Frenchparadox etc) will be even more in danger for the first sessions because if they get relocated, they almost give up any hope for trophy. I don't have any solution for this

It seems to me that many players played the "very long" game by not betraying allies just for this clash. Reputation matters and there will be other clashes: you don't want to be hated by everybody. Maybe it's just an impression but the strong alliance Vermont+USA, or Japan+Brasil, or the germano-polish block is a proof of that.

Thanks again for all the fun, enjoy the Summer :)

• 8Like
Reactions: