EU4 Dev Clash #12 - Emperor - Wednesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
upload_2020-3-9_16-41-26.png

It's time to start up the next round of the weekly developer multiplayer clash!
It's been too long, the citizens are growing unruly, they demand blood from the arena known as The Dev Clash! We will be playing on Hot Code from the Emperor Expansion so expect a bit of instability as we keep working on it.

We will be playing with the normal scoring system and the victories will go to the people reaching 1 to 3 placements.

When?
Every Wednesday at 15:00CET! Starting the 11th of March

Where can I watch this live?
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Where can I watch previous streams that I missed?
Either on our Paradox Grand Strategy Youtube Channel, or the Twitch VOD archive.
If you want to see our new stuff we have a new channel dedicated specifically for our Grand Strategy games!
Subscribe to ParadoxExtra Grand Strategy Channel!

Player Profiles are in the works as this is being written and are not yet finished. We will update this post when they are.

upload_2020-3-9_16-42-55.png

• BjornB - Genoa
  • Konbendith - Hungary
  • Clausewitz is cool - Teutonic Order
  • Gorion - Morocco
  • Matski - Denmark
  • Neondt - Milan
  • Besuchov - England
  • Ofaloaf - Scotland
  • Duplo - The Knights
  • hlilje - Burgundy
  • Meka - Utrecht
  • Alexivan - France
  • Dnote - Tunis
  • MichaelS - Landshut
  • Arheo - Venice
  • theDa9L - Aragon
  • Groogy - Cologne
  • sidestep - Saxony
  • Katz - Norway
  • Green Gradus - Sweden
  • Caligula - Savoy
  • Pizzicato - Brandenburg
  • sanke - Portugal
  • Servancour - Castille
  • Sir Rogers - Austria
  • The French Paradox - Bohemia
  • Wiz - The Papal States
  • KaiserJohan - Florence
  • StarNaN - Switzerland
  • Azurespecter - The Palatinate
  • Pdawg - Brittany
  • fjuttknas - Livonian Order
  • foggmof - Lübeck

Status 24th June 1458 - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...esdays-15-00-cet.1352228/page-9#post-26346331

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that DDRJake has left, because he is by a long stretch the best caster Paradox has ever had for these things. For some reason you get people to cast who don't know how game mechanics work?
In any event, looking forward to the stream.

Super excited to have the Dev Clashes back!
Who will be commentating now that Jake is gone?
This is honestly way more important than a player list. Because there's no in-game way to spectate these dev clashes (like a thirty minute delay or something to deal with lag issues) the viewer experience is felt entirely through where the stream wants to look. I learned from literally any section of the big castle game that the competency of the casting duo is the most important part of the stream. Parts with very poor (and look through really no fault except unfamiliarity [okay this one is actually unforgivable but still] with the game and inexperience with casting) commentary team, when they struggled to understand game mechanics or didn't know how to bring up certain mapmodes or were unable to locate province names really ruin the experience.

Reactions:
I have but one word for this.

Yes.

This is honestly way more important than a player list. Because there's no in-game way to spectate these dev clashes (like a thirty minute delay or something to deal with lag issues) the viewer experience is felt entirely through where the stream wants to look. I learned from literally any section of the big castle game that the competency of the casting duo is the most important part of the stream. Parts with very poor (and look through really no fault except unfamiliarity [okay this one is actually unforgivable but still] with the game and inexperience with casting) commentary team, when they struggled to understand game mechanics or didn't know how to bring up certain mapmodes or were unable to locate province names really ruin the experience.

Agreed 100%. If they could bring someone like Bratyn, who did well in the dev clashes and always spoke well in the after clash discussions it would be great. Da9l as well, he's used to streaming and is good at the game (though he's playing).